Off Topic Messages

Roof restorations

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 am

Hi all

I am looking at getting my roof recoated, for 2 reasons. Firstly parts of my Ridge capping is all loose and needs to be redone and second it's coming up to summer here in adelaide and I would prefer a more heat reflective roof to what I got. My roof tiles are red terracotta and altogether it's 150 square meters. I have been told that choice of color plays an important role regarding keeping the heat tempreture away from the building.

Just wondering if anyone out there as had this done and if so what were your experiences like.

So far I have had a two quotes varying from $ AU 2700 up to $AU 7000

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Re: Roof restorations

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

$3000 and a Fleetwood Mac LP and I'll take the job!! :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 pm

I Didn't know you were a roof restorer, my friend :roll: Will TUSK vinyl do ?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Robt wrote:I Didn't know you were a roof restorer, my friend :roll: Will TUSK vinyl do ?

Naw too much bass in the mix.. smt180

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Robt

The colour of your roof tiles can make a huge difference to the ambient temperature in your roof area ... Between 20-40 deg. In a hot climate you would be better with lighter coloured tiles. If your current Terracotta tiles don't cause too much heat grievance then stick with those (I have Terracotta on my home in the UK). The price variance is likely due to the quality of the tile. If the tile is the same then go with the cheaper quote as they are doing the same job.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks. Yes it's wild weather in adelaide today. You're right about the roofing industry is full of con artists, spin merchants and liars of varying standards. I think the best one to go with is the one that offers the best warranty