Post here your Elvis' pictures

Movie publicity photos

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 am

Anyone:

Do you have or have you ever found, for any of his movies, a count of the number of photographs taken during a movie publicity photo shoot? What I'm trying to learn, of course, is how many photographs there are -- how many are we hunting for? Is there a file somewhere (I presume one for each movie, in the archives of each of the various studios for which he worked) that contains the negatives, or the proofs of the photoshoot sessions, or even just a bill from the photographer for x number of exposures at x amount of money each?

I've wondered about the possible existence of such records for a long time, but the astonishing collection recently posted by Honky Tonk Angel, and the speed with which it is growing thanks to contributions from FECC members, compels me to start hunting in earnest at last.

Thank you!

Re: Movie publicity photos

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Latebloomer. To answer your question I've absolutely no idea, however what I can tell you is that I’ve been ‘collecting’ Elvis for over 40 years now and through folks such as the good members of this forum and publications from FTD, “The Elvis Files” and now “The Elvis Files Magazine” I’m content in the knowledge that in my lifetime I never will see, let alone file in my collection every picture taken of Elvis Presley. This one from the “Elvis Files Magazine” is just another picture of recent to stop me in my tracks.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 pm

That's from Charro, isn't it? He looks so fierce. That's a new one to me. What a loss that he did not get to pursue a career as a dramatic actor. He was very, very talented.

I think it his constantly various appearance that fascinates me most about the photos. Men are not ordinarily described either as beautiful or sweet, yet in some of his photos he is both. I saw one a few days ago, here, I think, of him holding his mother's hand and looking at her with an expression so sweet and tender that I felt as if I were intruding on a very private moment. He was undeniably sexy, at times, but he could clown, and I think he was often completely unselfconscious, certainly usually competely indifferent to the presence of cameras. A complex and fascinating person.

Of course, considering all the news photographers and fans who took his picture, the possibilities are endless. Only the studios and perhaps the military might have kept pretty accurate records, because both had to account for every penny spent. But I doubt if anyone else kept track. No one dreamed he would be so popular worldwide thirty-five years after his death, or they might have!

I've been dreaming about the possibility of an Elvis Presley Library, to which people could contribute their photos and mementos of Elvis, knowing they'd be made available to everyone who wanted to look at them. It would be nice to be able to see all the things EPE has, photos included, but apparently they want to hoard the stuff, although I can't see why. Soon there won't be anyone left who knew him, or even saw him perform in person. His must be the most thoroughly documented and photographed life in all of history, yet still no one seems to be taking him seriously a a historical figure, and setting up a study-and-research center -- without a profit motive, that is. What a shame.

Here's a pair I'm puzzling over. The first one must be from 1958 (no ribbon, no marksman medals), but I think the second may be the last one from Ft. Dix, in the car with Lamar Fike as they drove off post on 5 March 1960. But they could be from any date between March, 1958, and March, 1960!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Julian Grant wrote:Latebloomer. To answer your question I've absolutely no idea, however what I can tell you is that I’ve been ‘collecting’ Elvis for over 40 years now and through folks such as the good members of this forum and publications from FTD, “The Elvis Files” and now “The Elvis Files Magazine” I’m content in the knowledge that in my lifetime I never will see, let alone file in my collection every picture taken of Elvis Presley. This one from the “Elvis Files Magazine” is just another picture of recent to stop me in my tracks.

:o :o :shock: :shock: *is totally in shock* WOW!! what a picture!!! soooo amazing!! wow!! so beautiful...I am speechless.......:shock: :shock: :o :o
never in my wildest dream did I think I would see such a picture! *rubs eyes* :smt103
*is completely flabbergasted*
you have no idea how much you just you made my day smt125
picture of the week...no, month
*save picture as..and..print*

smt201
Last edited by Elvisgirl on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:16 pm

I think that shot is for Live a little love a little and not Charro as many first thought.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Arty Morty - I think you're right, from when he's been asleep for a couple of days with the flu, under the watchful eye of Albert.

The beard isn't well enough established for it to be from Charro....

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks, gents.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 am

pic depicted on this thread is from film Live A Little Love A Little
when he was woken up by Michelle Carey .
ty late bloomer for sharing this
its new to my eyes

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 am

The shirt tells the story.
::rocks

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 pm

karlos wrote:pic depicted on this thread is from film Live A Little Love A Little
its new to my eyes

Karlos, Julian Grant posted that knock-out photo from Live a Little. He gets the gold star big time!!

Mine were the two above it, both of Elvis in a car in uniform.

Can anyone date them?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:36 pm

latebloomer wrote:
karlos wrote:pic depicted on this thread is from film Live A Little Love A Little
its new to my eyes

Karlos, Julian Grant posted that knock-out photo from Live a Little. He gets the gold star big time!!

he gets 10 gold stars from me, and some thumbs up :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Ty late bloomer - Ty Julian Grant for pic from Live a Little love a little -Its great - new to my eyes -
here are some more for you all to enjoy
::rocks

Re - late bloomer enquiry - I think ya pics are dated Oct 1st 1958 - please correct me if im wrong any one - my notes tell me so that I have in some elvis books - Ty in advance -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.