Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Vinyl You listened to was...

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:20 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:We have sold our apartment and everything's been in storage for weeks, but I do remember the last Elvis LP I played before that, and it was the "I'm Leaving It Up To You" bootleg. I bought that a couple of months ago, in Copenhagen... Great stuff! I own a new Clearaudio turntable and it sounds wonderful. I like CDs too, though.

Keith Richards, Jr.

you were in Denmark, cool!! I live in Denmark..well, not in Copenhagen, but still cool you were there. great city, been there many times :smt023

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 am

Johnny2523 wrote:hmm got to be the vinyl version of Image

That was an odd release. The cassette was great - 30 songs in good quality, with quite a few of them not available at that time. The CD was a shambles with half the songs edited! How was the vinyl? Edited like CD or unedited?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:22 am

Speedway LSP-3989 sometime last week.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks Doc much appreciated. I shall now check whether I've got that 69 show, love What I'd say.Talking of vinyl I like the edited version if WIS in Sound of your cry album.
Cheers

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Elvis In Demand. A nice listen, I imagined what it was like for you original fans at the time, must have been cool.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:hmm got to be the vinyl version of Image

That was an odd release. The cassette was great - 30 songs in good quality, with quite a few of them not available at that time. The CD was a shambles with half the songs edited! How was the vinyl? Edited like CD or unedited?

Unedited i just cant help believing running over 4 minutes same counts for last farewell and the rest

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Jamie wrote:Thanks Doc much appreciated. I shall now check whether I've got that 69 show, love What I'd say.Talking of vinyl I like the edited version if WIS in Sound of your cry album.
Cheers

Great!

The 8-21-1969 MS was officially released by RCA a couple of years ago!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks to everyone whose contributed to this topic. Just goes to show that there's a lot of folks who have not only kept their vinyls but still search for more in mint condition. It's challenging thing to do. Today I Been playing the classic Behind Closed Doors by audifon records. I think it's fun thing every now and then to hark back to vinyls and experience the sounds as they were.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Played these four back to back today, cool listening.
Even in these present days where unreleased tracks are the norm, these are sensational albums.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:26 am

Frankie And Johnny Soundtrack

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:45 am

Greatest Hits Volume 1, Aloha (French quad), and Moody Blue ('77 blue vinyl): first records I've played in years.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Greatest Hits Volume 1, Aloha (French quad), and Moody Blue ('77 blue vinyl): first records I've played in years.

Yeah, I listened to the latter too, recently! And I gave "The Memphis Record" another spin. And "Elvis In Demand".

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Inspired by the 'Ain't That Lovin' You Baby' thread..

'Reconsider Baby'

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:57 pm

"From Elvis In Memphis" - UK Mono
"Elvis For Everyone" - UK Stereo (1972 issue)
"Harem Holiday" - UK Mono
"Something For Everybody" - Japanese Stereo

Just picked up a mint "Behind Closed Doors" set, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:02 pm

rockinrebel wrote:"From Elvis In Memphis" - UK Mono
"Elvis For Everyone" - UK Stereo (1972 issue)
"Harem Holiday" - UK Mono
"Something For Everybody" - Japanese Stereo

Just picked up a mint "Behind Closed Doors" set, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I rediscovered my copy of Behind Closed Doors vinyl this arvo. Mine's the 12", but I seem to recall there was a 10". Which came first?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:I rediscovered my copy of Behind Closed Doors vinyl this arvo. Mine's the 12", but I seem to recall there was a 10". Which came first?

I've got the 12" 4 x LP box. I'm pretty sure this was the original format. Were the 10" records not issued as 4 separate volumes?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:15 pm

I listened and ripped this LP set several months ago. Was able to pickup an original 1977 copy from one of our good friends here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:16 pm

KevinK wrote:Inspired by the 'Ain't That Lovin' You Baby' thread..

'Reconsider Baby'

Would like to see this one reissued in some fashion...

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi fellows, cool post this. Last vinyl I listened to was the album Burning Love from1972. Strange compilation, indeed, but great sound on both singletracks. I posted it on youtube; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xgv1F_Fpf0

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 pm

...............official "I Can Help...and other great hits" vinyl from 1984.
Back then it was cool to have tracks like promised land,way down and t-r-o-u-b-l-e on one release :D

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Elvis - The Complete Bonus Songs

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:41 pm

The great sounding Elvis@Stax

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:24 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:The great sounding Elvis@Stax

Ditto that!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:51 pm

An original TTWII pressing from Canada.

It sounds outstanding!!

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:21 am

Let's be Friends. Because I wanted to hear " Let's Forget About the Stars", such a beautiful song that deserves to be better known. Too bad it's followed by "mama" can't listen to this :( . I remember when I first got this LP in 1983, I really dug the songs on side two.