Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Last Elvis Vinyl You listened to was...

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 am

I reckon most of us still have them be it LP, 45's and EP's, in varying quantities. So the question(s) I raise is which one(s) did you last listen to - and when ?

Mine is C'mon Everybody (1971 Pickwick UK reissue of RCA- Camden CAS- C518), Friday 23 November at 8 PM.

Re: Last Elvis Vinyl You listened to was...

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 am

mine was elvis 2nd lp.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 am

Stronger Then Pride is the last I remember.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:56 am

Double Trouble LSP 3787
Trying to figure out what happened to that "buzzy" sound on It Won't Be Long on the original LP compared to the DF and FTD versions of the album.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 am

Listening to a random LP or CD is just that "random" so what is the point of this thread? :roll:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 am

about two weeks ago: '45 - Cliff Richard : MARIANNE 1968

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 am

promiseland wrote:Listening to a random LP or CD is just that "random" so what is the point of this thread? :roll:

:smt005 Who said anything about it being "random" ? OK then just for you it'll be Last Fleetwood Mac Vinyl you listened to was

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:16 am

Original unbanded "Elvis At MSG."

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:21 am

Robt wrote:
promiseland wrote:Listening to a random LP or CD is just that "random" so what is the point of this thread? :roll:

:smt005 Who said anything about it being "random" ? OK then just for you it'll be Last Fleetwood Mac Vinyl you listened to was

Rumours with Eddie Cochran on bass. :D

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:12 am

Elvis Country FTD - brilliant!!!

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:15 am

Welcome to my world. Love the mix on Cant STop Loving You. Two weeks ago getting myself syced Up for Prince arriving. What ever happened to that mix as it sounds different to the 97 release. I wonder if the mix if Reconsider Baby on FTD Elvis Now was done at the same time?
Cheers Jamie

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:26 pm

We have sold our apartment and everything's been in storage for weeks, but I do remember the last Elvis LP I played before that, and it was the "I'm Leaving It Up To You" bootleg. I bought that a couple of months ago, in Copenhagen... Great stuff! I own a new Clearaudio turntable and it sounds wonderful. I like CDs too, though.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:40 pm

I don't even remember when the last was I listened to vinyl...I miss listening to my records, but they are buried away

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:We have sold our apartment and everything's been in storage for weeks, but I do remember the last Elvis LP I played before that, and it was the "I'm Leaving It Up To You" bootleg. I bought that a couple of months ago, in Copenhagen... Great stuff! I own a new Clearaudio turntable and it sounds wonderful. I like CDs too, though.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Nice turntable! Wish I could justify the upgrade :-/

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am

780000_Superstar Outtakes_FRONT.jpg
Superstar Outtakes (EP Records, 1978)
Front cover image from 7-19-1975 AS, Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale NY.

780000_Superstar Outtakes_BACK.jpg
Back cover image from 6-23-1973 ES, Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale NY.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 am

Original SUN 215

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 am

hmm got to be the vinyl version of Image

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
780000_Superstar Outtakes.JPG

Dr, don't know it but looking at sleeve is it 76?

Cheers

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:Elvis Country FTD - brilliant!!!

This afternoon I found time to spin mine. It is great indeed!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 am

Jamie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Cheers

The great cover shot is from his 7-19-1975 AS at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jamie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Cheers

The great cover shot is from his 7-19-1975 AS at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY.

Ah yes see it now. I have a cd of the concert, Ynwa is fantastic and these late July shows look impressive based on the set lists. This is the only one I have.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:We have sold our apartment and everything's been in storage for weeks, but I do remember the last Elvis LP I played before that, and it was the "I'm Leaving It Up To You" bootleg. I bought that a couple of months ago, in Copenhagen... Great stuff! I own a new Clearaudio turntable and it sounds wonderful. I like CDs too, though.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Isn't that an Interesting coincidence. I recently bought a second hand Technics Quartz turntable (SL-1210 MK2 ) and was really impressed with it's sound. Just finished burning onto CD the backing tracking of A Little Less Conversation that appeared on the classic '68 Comeback Volume 2. Hoping to upload it on you tube

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:47 am

Jamie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jamie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Cheers

Ah yes see it now. I have a cd of the concert, Ynwa is fantastic and these late July shows look impressive based on the set lists. This is the only one I have.

Of course, Superstar Outtakes contains not a second of this concert.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jamie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jamie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Cheers

Of course, Superstar Outtakes contains not a second of this concert.

Now would it have been that hard to give a clue of what it does contain? Having now googled it can't see the relevance of the photo.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:09 am

Jamie wrote:Now would it have been that hard to give a clue of what it does contain? Having now googled it can't see the relevance of the photo.

Well, gosh, when you ask so nicely ... ;-)

The cover shot was chosen because Elvis looked like the superstar he was. Both front and back were taken at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, the former in July 1975, the latter in June 1973.

I've edited my post to include both sides of the LP. The track listing is on the back cover.

The most important material on it is the in-line Las Vegas recording, taken from the 8-21-1969 MS. It was the first-ever Presley soundboard bootlegged, and pretty good quality. And it reveals a bit more than the official live album from 1969. The version of "What'd I Say" is absolutely out of this world.