Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:21 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Josee, the complaint about the release has never been that it would not be enjoyable, but that it has no right to be on a collectors label.

No right?

Where is the FTD Rulebook? Which one has been violated? Please do share.

It's the same rulebook that says Dr John Carpenter will never allow himself to say anything against an FTD product. You know that book, right?

It doesn't exist, except in your mind.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rockinray wrote:my favourite ftd release is TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS . i love the new backings on most of the tracks. my favourite track is YOU ASKED ME TO the guitar work on it is fantastic. anyone know if there is anymore of these alternative recordings?

It's my least favorite, of all the FTD releases. It was a poor idea on RCA in 1981, and time has not added any allure to Felton Jarvis's experiment.

There are unused tracks around, but not enough for a sequel on FTD.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38746&p=510656&#p510656

Never, huh?

Oops!

Do you enjoy constantly making foolish, erroneous assertions? It's a little embarrassing and a lot irksome.

Maybe you should take a step back, draw a deep breath, and chill out.

Thank you.

::rocks

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Josee, the complaint about the release has never been that it would not be enjoyable, but that it has no right to be on a collectors label.

No right?

Where is the FTD Rulebook? Which one has been violated? Please do share.

It's the same rulebook that says Dr John Carpenter will never allow himself to say anything against an FTD product. You know that book, right?

It doesn't exist, except in your mind.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rockinray wrote:my favourite ftd release is TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS . i love the new backings on most of the tracks. my favourite track is YOU ASKED ME TO the guitar work on it is fantastic. anyone know if there is anymore of these alternative recordings?

It's my least favorite, of all the FTD releases. It was a poor idea on RCA in 1981, and time has not added any allure to Felton Jarvis's experiment.

There are unused tracks around, but not enough for a sequel on FTD.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38746&p=510656&#p510656

Never, huh?

Oops!

Do you enjoy constantly making foolish, erroneous assertions? It's a little embarrassing and a lot irksome.

Maybe you should take a step back, draw a deep breath, and chill out.

Thank you.

To say that it was your least favourite is hardly criticising FTD. Had you criticised FTD for the re-release then you might have a point, but you don't. You simply say that the project is no more appealing to you now than in 1981. If that's as bad a comment as you have ever written about FTD, then I thank you for proving my point correct.

For a man who a couple of years ago accused me of following him around the forum and picking holes and fights with each and every comment he wrote, I find your behaviour over the last week or so somewhat bemusing.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 am

poormadpeter wrote:To say that it was your least favourite is hardly criticising FTD.

Again, this is what you wrote:

poormadpeter wrote:... Dr John Carpenter will never allow himself to say anything against an FTD product.

The posted example of my critique clearly proves your "never ... say anything against ... FTD" statement false.

You are wrong. Again. Period.

So you need to cut out the parsing of other people's words, using circular logic in so many of your replies, and the near-constant antagonistic tone towards me.

I am tired of your rants, and I am sure everyone else is as well.

I strive to make clear points, often using research that takes time to compile and present. I go out of my way to share information and knowledge on Elvis Presley every single time I log on to FECC. You seem bound to suck the joy out of any topic you visit. You need to stop.

Thank you.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
So you need to cut out the parsing of other people's words, using circular logic in so many of your replies, and the near-constant antagonistic tone towards me.

I am tired of your rants, and I am sure everyone else is as well.

I strive to make clear points, often using research that takes time to compile and present. I go out of my way to share information and knowledge on Elvis Presley every single time I log on to FECC. You seem bound to suck the joy out of any topic you visit. You need to stop.

Thank you.

Oh for goodness sake, get over yourself. Let's just have one big "thank you, Doc" section of the board, so we can worship at the temple of the google user.

If your replies take too much of your time to compile, don't bloody write them. This is a much more preferable option than coming on the board and getting your knickers in a twist because people disagree with you or, even worse, don't kiss your backside just because you share your knowledge.

For the record, you will see a number of posts where I praise your sharing of knowledge, and the research you put in for the sake of the board.

Sadly, however, it is becoming quite apparent that this research of yours is being done less and less because you want to share knowledge and give us something, and more and more because you get an ego trip out of people saying how wonderful you are.

If you insist on presenting yourself as a smug, immature child who likes the sound of his voice and throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way or someone dares to disagree with him...don't be surprised when people treat you like one.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 am

There. Air cleared. Everyone feeling better now?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 am

You need to stop.

Thank you.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:You need to stop.

Thank you.

No disrespect here, Doc, but you were the one who had the rant. Not me.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:You need to stop.

Thank you.

No disrespect here, Doc, but you were the one who had the rant. Not me.

There was no rant, only putting to bed, once and for all, your forum shenanigans.

We are tired of your tedious accusations and off-topic ripostes. Make a effort to stop leaving a turd in the punchbowl, and strive to consistently contribute in a positive fashion to FECC.

Thank you.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:strive to consistently contribute in a positive fashion to FECC.

Thank you.

Ah, like you have today with your four sarcastic posts in the "different key" thread,
and your sarcastic post in the "songs you would like to have been filmed" thread (Three corn patches etc...), .
and your sarcastic post to fg76 in the "chicago" thread
or this one, which is a real gem and shows you at your very best:
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFGGGGGGGGG!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! hooooooooolllly shiiiiitttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooooo many sexy, gorgeous, hot, cute pictures!! there's too many pics to choose from....he looks so gorgeous and sexy wherever i look!! VERY VERY VERY HOT PICS!!!!!!! OMG SEXY HOT AND SWEET!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG *HEARTATTACK* omg omg **** he is beautiful....omg *looks at the images again* *DIES!!* OMG!!!!!!!! SO **** GORGEOUS!!!!!!!"

The term "practice what you preach" comes to mind.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:59 am

What part of "You need to stop" do you not understand?

Chill out, quit stalking my posts, and go make a positive contribution to this forum.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:What part of "You need to stop" do you not understand?

Chill out, quit stalking my posts, and go make a positive contribution to this forum.

Your posts are everywhere. There is nearly 50,000 of them. If you don't want us to notice your posts so much, don't write so many.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 am

poormadpeter wrote:If you don't want us to notice your posts so much ...

I don't want YOU to notice them at all.

But you just can't help yourself. ;-)

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

But I'd be deprived of the wit which is 2nd only to Blue River

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Question: When was "Don't Cry Daddy" released in England, and what was length of it's chart run? Thank You.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:29 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Question: When was "Don't Cry Daddy" released in England, and what was length of it's chart run? Thank You.

It first charted on February 22, 1970 [peaking at number 8 on March 15].
Not sure of it's chart run, but it spent a total of 8 weeks in the Top 30.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:20 am

Wow! It was released much later in the England than in the U.S. That explains why it and Rubberneckin' are included on the marvelous FTD release "Hits Of The '70's."

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 am

IMHO "Hits of the 70's" should have been a Legacy release and definitely not an FTD release.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 am

I do agree, 'E, but ordered on sale for 30 % off the other day, the only way
I would.

Will you be buying it?

Jerry: good question. And hope you had a nice Thanksgiving as well.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 am

Regardless if it should be FTD or not, it is a good release to listen to. However, why was the Raised On Rock single and its B side not included. This is the only single released in the 70's in England not included. It makes no sense :?: that My Way was included but this one was not.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:32 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

But I'd be deprived of the wit which is 2nd only to Blue River

Yours being 3rd. :shock:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 am

GregCieslik wrote:Regardless if it should be FTD or not, it is a good release to listen to. However, why was the Raised On Rock single and its B side not included. This is the only single released in the 70's in England not included. It makes no sense :?: that My Way was included but this one was not.

I'm not up on my Elvis chart placings in England, but if memory serves I believe "It's Only Love" (a minor hit in the U.S.) charted at least Top 10 in England. Whether this happened in the '70's I'm not sure.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 am

JerryNodak wrote: I'm not up on my Elvis chart placings in England, but if memory serves I believe "It's Only Love" (a minor hit in the U.S.) charted at least Top 10 in England. Whether this happened in the '70's I'm not sure.

I believe it was released after Elvis' death (I'm not at home to check any reference book) and for me it was a surprise as I had never come across it before.
I thought it was a fabulous release at the time (because it seemed "new" and with chart potential).
Went Top 5 in the UK, #3 I think.

A interesting release to do so well in the punk / New Wave era - I was into Talking Heads, Elvis Costello etc at the time.

Cheers
Piers

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 pm

thenexte wrote:IMHO "Hits of the 70's" should have been a Legacy release and definitely not an FTD release.

I agree an equivalent should have come out for Legacy instead, but do you really think that badly dated & garish Hits From the 70s cover art should be in the store racks & in normal online stores in 2012?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 pm

JerryNodak wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:Regardless if it should be FTD or not, it is a good release to listen to. However, why was the Raised On Rock single and its B side not included. This is the only single released in the 70's in England not included. It makes no sense :?: that My Way was included but this one was not.

I'm not up on my Elvis chart placings in England, but if memory serves I believe "It's Only Love" (a minor hit in the U.S.) charted at least Top 10 in England. Whether this happened in the '70's I'm not sure.

ENGLAND doesn't have a chart. The UK does but not ENGLAND.

http://www.officialcharts.com/

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I'm not up on my Elvis chart placings in England, but if memory serves I believe "It's Only Love" (a minor hit in the U.S.) charted at least Top 10 in England. Whether this happened in the '70's I'm not sure.

It was 1980 c/w "Beyond The Reef". The single was issued to promote the "Elvis Aron Presley" box set. There was an extended 12" version too.

The flip of the original US single "The Sound Of Your Cry" was also issued as a UK single to promote the album of the same name (UK version of "Greatest Hits Vol.1") c/w "I'll Never Know". Picture discs were also pressed, but the single wasn't a hit.