Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Another Elvis Documentary In The Works, Out 2013

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 am

Details are sketchy, but this film, directed by John Schenfeld has to do with Sonny West's relationship with Elvis. The title of the film is "Fame & Fortune". The ETA's who will be doing the Elvis vocals are Doug Church and Rick Lenzi. Could this be a film version of "Elvis, What Happened ?" More information to follow.......

Here's a brief sypnosis of the film......

When Sonny West meets Elvis Presley his life is altered forever. It's a huge chance for a poor Southern boy to ride with Elvis and experience the grand tour of life: partying with movie stars and musicians; long weekends in Vegas; hanging with The Beatles and Nixon; and experimenting with the psychedelic highs of the culture shifting flower child era.

Sonny's struggle to protect his idol's life grows more difficult as Elvis faces his many disappointments, ranging from his frustration of being typecast in mediocre movies to recognizing his fall from the cutting edge of music to losing the women he truly loved. Elvis searches for true answers to his spiritual questions and longs to bring even more to the world. By his late thirties, Elvis's use of over prescribed drugs rolls into a full blown addiction. When Sonny tries everything he knows to intervene and bring Elvis back to health, he finds himself fired with three days severance pay. The choices Sonny makes then, in trying to send the man he loves a message to shake him back to his senses, and the consequences that follow continue to haunt Sonny to this day.

Official Movie Websites : http://rlfvictorproductions.com/index.php?p=fame

https://www.facebook.com/FameandFortuneMovie

http://twitter.com/FameFortuneFilm
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Another Elvis Documentary In The Works, Out 2013

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:52 am

Looks interesting to say the least.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:44 am

Thank for the update. As far as the preview, doesn't sound exciting to me.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 pm

FFS Hasn't Sonny made enough money off his association with Elvis :roll:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:49 pm

At least the songs will sound close.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Ricky wrote:At least the songs will sound close.

Why settle for close when you can hear the real thing all the time?

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 pm

The ETA's who will be doing the Elvis vocals are Doug Church and Rick Lenzi.

Nothing against these two guys but I don't think I could sit through a movie with overdubbed vocals... I guess I didn't mind Ronnie McDowell because at the time the movie came out, I didn't know who he was and I was 10 years old. Why can't they find someone who can act and sing? The movies about Buddy Holly and Johnny Cash were very well done... and neither one sounded exactly like the artist they portrayed.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Why don't y'all stop the "Sonny-bashing" until we see what this film is about? Geez......

Personally, I don't give a flip who is doing the singing in the movie (although, I would have preferred Shawn Klush) but I say that we stop the moaning and groaning until the film comes out?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 pm

is it a movie or a documentary?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Not my cup of tea. I hate most dramatized documentary's since acting and scripts are mediocre most of the time. I guess this will not be an exception.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 pm

I don't really care about movies about Elvis. I would rather watch and listen to the real guy, and I do, often.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Ty for update TCB Fan - I will look out for this and this looks good - pl. keep us updated buddy - Looks interesting -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:is it a movie or a documentary?

Alexander wrote:Not my cup of tea. I hate most dramatized documentary's since acting and scripts are mediocre most of the time. I guess this will not be an exception.

It is a movie - not a documentary. I repeat: It's a full fledged MOVIE! I, for one, will be very excited to see it's release! :D

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Tony Trout wrote:

Alexander wrote:Not my cup of tea. I hate most dramatized documentary's since acting and scripts are mediocre most of the time. I guess this will not be an exception.

It is a movie - not a documentary. I repeat: It's a full fledged MOVIE! I, for one, will be very excited to see it's release! :D

thanks

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 pm

The prospect of seeing an actor lip-synching to Elvis songs sung by an impersonator doesn't excite me much.................

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

ColinB wrote:The prospect of seeing an actor lip-synching to Elvis songs sung by an impersonator doesn't excite me much.................

Not even when you have to pay good money to hear...eh...see it?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Tony Trout wrote:

Whatever you call it. It still won't be something I am going to watch. Seen to many of those trash Productions.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:16 pm

ColinB wrote:The prospect of seeing an actor lip-synching to Elvis songs sung by an impersonator doesn't excite me much.................

Didn't bother me for Elvis starring Kurt Russell - but then no movie since has been constructed and executed so well. Its not perfect, but it is the best biopic made on Elvis to date. But then there is a big difference between a dramatic film, and documentaries - one reason the silly impersonator narration on This Is Elvis fails so badly.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:10 am

I heard a rumor that Doug Church is offering a free CD of one of his concerts to the first 100 buyers.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:27 am

EIN has an interview with the Director John Scheinfeld from November last year.

The film 'Fame & Fortune' is based on the book, 'Elvis: Still Taking Care of Business' the biography of Sonny West. Emmy® and Grammy® nominee John Scheinfeld has been chosen as the film's director. John Scheinfeld has previously written and directed some critically acclaimed films about John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Brian Wilson and others.
For Elvis fans this is good news since the film is going to be a serious drama about this extraordinary friendship between two men, rather than the usual disappointing Elvis telemovie.

Go here>>
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_j ... nfeld.html

Cheers
Piers

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 am

Judging from the directors comments i was always under the impression that this would be a movie not a documentary.

From what i've heard from the director at least he is aiming for some high quality out of this film

I wouldn't jump the gun and say this movie will be out in 2013 because it's been in development since 2008.

I have heard nothing about any actors being cast in any of the roles and this is being produced by an obscure Canadian production company.

I look forward to seeing it if and when it does get made but i wouldn't bet on it coming out.

At the very least it will probably be better than David Stanley's movie and the 2005 CBS film.