Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Are You Lonesome Tonight [Breakup Version]

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:28 pm

I have never seen or heard of this version before, anyone have an idea what version it is?

http://www.45cat.com/record/104714

Re: Are You Lonesome Tonight [Breakup Version]

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:33 pm

trouble_jw wrote:I have never seen or heard of this version before, anyone have an idea what version it is?

http://www.45cat.com/record/104714

It is the laughing version :D

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 pm

The Laughing Version,Jason

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:47 am

its the laughn version from Vegas 69 - its an australian import from many years ago - hope this helps ya enquiry j_w trouble - my buddy

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:18 am

The laughing version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" comes from August 26th, 1969 Midnight Show.

You can find it in the FTD release All Shook Up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:14 am

because 4 answers isn't enough...it's the laughing version

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 am

One story told about this is. Elvis started to sing the song when i guy sitting near the stage lost his hair pice and with the lights on Elvis saw this and lost it..

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 am

If you listen to the entire show on the FTD All Shook Up, you can hear Elvis had a case of the "sillies" the entire time. Given that, something about Cissy Houston's soprano obbligato during the song makes him break up.

"Sing it, baby!"

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks for the reply folks! With the title "The break up version" I assumed it referred to Elvis' break up with Priscilla. Why not just put 'Laughing version', guess I should have guessed that.