Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:. . . alot . . .

It's "a lot".

...You are pissing off "a lot" of folks lately, aren't ya.

poormadpeter is the one who claims to be an author. I'm just helping him with his spelling.

As far as pissing people off, you pissed yourself off the other day by writing -
" Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release. "

instead of -

Anyone else notice that the set is similar to a classic double disc FTD release?


What a fuggin' idiot.
You have a bad bad case of OCD.
Do you ever take language in the intended way it is presented?
I am pretty sure most people that don't have OCD, knew what I meant.
I glanced at the product on the shelf and it looked, "just like" an FTD product.
I didn't pull out a measuring tape and measure the sumbitch.
And for your information MR. OCD, "just like" does not mean...."exactly".

Example: people often make comments such as "you look just like your father".
That doesn't mean to say, they look like identical twins, that they are exactly alike.
It means that they look similair.

But since I didn't use that word, and you suffer from OCD, you had a frickin cow.
Take you pills.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm

ekenee wrote:you had a frickin cow.

I must have amnesia, too, because I don't remember having a cow.


ekenee wrote:Take you pills.

smt196


btw - I finally got PFAP in the mail yesterday and the packaging is designed nothing like an FTD. It's not even similar.
Calm down ekenee... surely we can agree to disagree.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:you had a frickin cow.

I must have amnesia, too, because I don't remember having a cow.


ekenee wrote:Take you pills.

smt196


btw - I finally got PFAP in the mail yesterday and the packaging is designed nothing like an FTD. It's not even similar.
Calm down ekenee... surely we can agree to disagree.


So, does your OCD EVER EVER allow you to ignore a typo?

Oh, it's "NOTHING" like an FTD huh?. They are both square are they not, like your head?

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm

ekenee wrote:They are both square are they not, like your head?

:smt023 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squarehead ... ound_Table

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm

ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:. . . alot . . .

It's "a lot".

...You are pissing off "a lot" of folks lately, aren't ya.

poormadpeter is the one who claims to be an author. I'm just helping him with his spelling.

As far as pissing people off, you pissed yourself off the other day by writing -
" Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release. "

instead of -

Anyone else notice that the set is similar to a classic double disc FTD release?


What a fuggin' idiot.
You have a bad bad case of OCD.
Do you ever take language in the intended way it is presented?
I am pretty sure most people that don't have OCD, knew what I meant.
I glanced at the product on the shelf and it looked, "just like" an FTD product.
I didn't pull out a measuring tape and measure the sumbitch.
And for your information MR. OCD, "just like" does not mean...."exactly".

Example: people often make comments such as "you look just like your father".
That doesn't mean to say, they look like identical twins, that they are exactly alike.
It means that they look similair.

But since I didn't use that word, and you suffer from OCD, you had a frickin cow.
Take you pills.


While your annoyance is understandable, I think you are doing those with OCD a disservice here. OCD is not the same as being a juvenile pain in the ar*e.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:. . . alot . . .

It's "a lot".

...You are pissing off "a lot" of folks lately, aren't ya.

poormadpeter is the one who claims to be an author. I'm just helping him with his spelling.

As far as pissing people off, you pissed yourself off the other day by writing -
" Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release. "

instead of -

Anyone else notice that the set is similar to a classic double disc FTD release?


What a fuggin' idiot.
You have a bad bad case of OCD.
Do you ever take language in the intended way it is presented?
I am pretty sure most people that don't have OCD, knew what I meant.
I glanced at the product on the shelf and it looked, "just like" an FTD product.
I didn't pull out a measuring tape and measure the sumbitch.
And for your information MR. OCD, "just like" does not mean...."exactly".

Example: people often make comments such as "you look just like your father".
That doesn't mean to say, they look like identical twins, that they are exactly alike.
It means that they look similair.

But since I didn't use that word, and you suffer from OCD, you had a frickin cow.
Take you pills.


While your annoyance is understandable, I think you are doing those with OCD a disservice here. OCD is not the same as being a juvenile pain in the ar*e.



I get your point. I shall look forward to when my set comes in the mail, and enjoy the concerts, which should be
in a day or two.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm

ekenee wrote: I shall look forward to when my set comes in the mail, and enjoy the concerts, which should be
in a day or two.

Please don't mistake it for an FTD.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote: I shall look forward to when my set comes in the mail, and enjoy the concerts, which should be
in a day or two.

Please don't mistake it for an FTD.


Well, when I get it, I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it, just to make sure.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 pm

No57 in the Dutch charts and No84 in the German one, if thats any help!
At least it has entered the charts somewhere-so far.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:06 pm

ekenee wrote:
I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it


BlueRiver's favourite way of spending an evening, so I've heard.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:29 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
ekenee wrote:I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it

BlueRiver's favourite way of spending an evening, so I've heard.

Your infatuation and perverted fantasies continue.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:40 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
ekenee wrote:
I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it


BlueRiver's favourite way of spending an evening, so I've heard.


I take it his measuring tape is in millimeters.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
ekenee wrote:I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it

BlueRiver's favourite way of spending an evening, so I've heard.

Your infatuation and perverted fantasies continue.


Nightmares, my sweet, nightmares.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 pm

ekenee wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
ekenee wrote:I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it

BlueRiver's favourite way of spending an evening, so I've heard.

I take it his measuring tape is in millimeters.

All 254 of 'em.



ekenee and poormadpeter, please don't derail this thread any further.

Now back on topic -
Tony.. wrote:I wouldn't say there has been a lack of promotion. In the UK there have been full page adverts in "Mojo", "Uncut" and "Record collector" magazines. There have been mentions on Radio 2 and a news item on Channel 5.

daylon wrote:No57 in the Dutch charts and No84 in the German one, if thats any help!
At least it has entered the charts somewhere-so far.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
ekenee wrote:I will pull out my measuring tape and measure it

BlueRiver's favourite way of spending an evening, so I've heard.

I take it his measuring tape is in millimeters.

All 254 of 'em.



ekenee and poormadpeter, please don't derail this thread any further.

Now back on topic -
Tony.. wrote:I wouldn't say there has been a lack of promotion. In the UK there have been full page adverts in "Mojo", "Uncut" and "Record collector" magazines. There have been mentions on Radio 2 and a news item on Channel 5.

daylon wrote:No57 in the Dutch charts and No84 in the German one, if thats any help!

So, you have put the topic back on track by adding nothing of your own, but simply quoting two other people.

Why don't you for once just tell us what YOU think. Do YOU think it was a lack of promotion that caused the amount of sale, or do YOU think there are less fans out there than others suggest? Do YOU think it was even a good release? Do YOU think the packaging has been a problem and caused people not to stock it because it doesn't fit in the racks?
At least it has entered the charts somewhere-so far.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 am

It's final, and PFAP is not on the top 50 and, at any rate, selling less than 8,000 copies.What's even worse, it was beaten by 20 OTHER artists whose CD's had a release date which coincided with that of PFAP.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 am

PFAP cannot chart if people cannot find it. It isn't in WalMart (the Legacy release is though). Very, very poor planning by Sony. The Legacy release should have come out in the new year, not at the same time.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm

[Very, very poor planning by Sony. The Legacy release should have come out in the new year, not at the same time.[/quote]

exactly. To the general public it is hard to understand the difference between those releases. Even I do not understand why in the hell they release a legacy release in a different mix than prince from another planet at the same time. Sony should have only pushed one release. Keep it simple suckers....

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:PFAP cannot chart if people cannot find it. It isn't in WalMart (the Legacy release is though). Very, very poor planning by Sony. The Legacy release should have come out in the new year, not at the same time.


Image
At last, somebody else who understands marketing. Give that man a knighthood!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:PFAP cannot chart if people cannot find it. It isn't in WalMart (the Legacy release is though).

I don't shop for music at Walmart... try these any of these great locations... hey it's 2012!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-From-Another-Planet-Deluxe/dp/B008QZ9E6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353510930&sr=8-1&keywords=elvis+presley
http://www.tower.com/prince-from-another-planet-elvis-presley-cd/wapi/123400573
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8820625&style=music
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Prince+from+Another+Planet%3A...+%5BDVD%5D+%5BDigipak%5D+-+CD/6909686.p?id=2562896&skuId=6909686&st=elvis%20presley&lp=2&cp=1


But if you are dead set on buying from Walmart, and want to pay the higher price, you can get it here...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21732391

Have a great one! :smt023

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
RonBaker2003 wrote:PFAP cannot chart if people cannot find it. It isn't in WalMart (the Legacy release is though).

I don't shop for music at Walmart... try these any of these great locations... hey it's 2012!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-From-Another-Planet-Deluxe/dp/B008QZ9E6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353510930&sr=8-1&keywords=elvis+presley
http://www.tower.com/prince-from-another-planet-elvis-presley-cd/wapi/123400573
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8820625&style=music
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Prince+from+Another+Planet%3A...+%5BDVD%5D+%5BDigipak%5D+-+CD/6909686.p?id=2562896&skuId=6909686&st=elvis%20presley&lp=2&cp=1


But if you are dead set on buying from Walmart, and want to pay the higher price, you can get it here...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21732391

Have a great one! :smt023


I agree, people think walmart is automatically the cheapest place. it's not.
Yes, you can use site-to-store and pick it up there by ordering online, but
I got mine at deepdiscount.com.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:02 pm

ekenee wrote:I got mine at deepdiscount.com.

Yes, the internet is a wonderful thing!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I have often wondered how many sales are NOT reported to soundscan?? then we would in fact have the true sales!!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi,

First of all please don’t shoot me I’m only the messenger! I had no clue how precise Sony’s Chart predictions were, when I started this topic, since it was beyond my knowledge. Maybe it would have been wiser, to keep this inside information by myself. So, I contacted my Brother at Sony Germany(and he’s not the delivery boy but some of the “Suits”) again, to get some more precise informations. This is what he told me: Chart predictions are based on pre-orders at Sony compared with other similar Artists and their sold copies. He told me that there is a big difference between pre-orders, shipped units and actually sold copies. Not every sold copy counts regarding the Charts, especially when sold by Channel Island based Online Shops like Play.com, Base.com or Hong Kong based WOWHD.com etc. Initial pressings for the UK and Germany were only 5000 copies each. The reason he gave for this rather low numbers are as follows: 1. Sony has become very carefully with initial pressings for archival releases like PFAP, after some negative experiences with other Artists recently. 2. Sony has become very, very carefully when it comes to new Elvis mainstream releases, after the disastrous “I’m an Elvis Fan” campaign this summer, where Sony has had no return on investment till today. By the way, Sony really thought they would do us Fans a favour with this kind of release. 3. Elvis is a steady seller in long terms, so they were surprised by the great demand that PFAP caused. It’s not a limited Edition but there is limited availability in the High Street Shops all over Europe and especially in Northern America, but it should be available in every major City worldwide. Music retail business these days is mainly online business, may it be digital downloads or physical sales. More than 50% of all recordings sold today are sold via Online Store like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Tower Records, HMV, CD Universe etc. That’s why there’s no problem to get a copy of PFAP online. These online retailers were served first! PFAP is still in print and Sony expects it to be a steady seller and a return on their investment by the end of the year. I asked him, if Sony is not disappointed with the actual Chart positions so far. They are with the UK results, cause they believed, it would do a lot better and to be sold out by the street date. I asked why there was or is nearly no promotion for this release nowhere to be seen. I was told that there is no budget left for this kind of release and they had put all the money to promote an Elvis release into the flopped summer campaign. Further I asked him why they released the Legacy Edition of the original Madison Square Garden Album at the same time. It was done to satisfy the more conservative fan base, who simply don’t like any remixes at all. Furthermore the Elvis Legacy Editions are steady sellers, even if they have no Chart Potential. Maybe this makes it a bit clearer. If you’re should be disappointed that Sony has no trust in a Superstar like Elvis or don’t believe in his selling power anymore, don’t blame me, blame them.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Wonderstuffer wrote:Hi,

2. Sony has become very, very carefully when it comes to new Elvis mainstream releases, after the disastrous “I’m an Elvis Fan” campaign this summer, where Sony has had no return on investment till today. By the way, Sony really thought they would do us Fans a favour with this kind of release..


This is most interesting? Who at Sony decides this sort of thing? I only ask because on this board there were mostly negative responses to this product. I have no real idea but perhaps some smarter people here may have a better idea as to how to promote Elvis releases.