Re: Tom Jones -- Hound Dog

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

You're kidding right? :?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm

that was horrible

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 am

The women in the audience seem to be quite impressed with his gyrating.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

TCB-FAN wrote:The women in the audience seem to be quite impressed with his gyrating.

makes me gag

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:The women in the audience seem to be quite impressed with his gyrating.

makes me gag

Makes me want to just beat my monitor with a baseball bat after watching someone looking that stupid.
Praise the Lord Elvis had more brains than that!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:07 pm

promiseland wrote:Makes me want to just beat my monitor with a baseball bat after watching someone looking that stupid.

oh yeah, that too

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm

I find the material from this TV series infuriating. Jones gives some brilliant performances within it, not least the remarkably inspired enactment of Mr Bojangles, with Sammy Davis as the dancer while Jones sings - quite a wonderful piece of television. At the same time, these end sections with Jones "on stage" are ridiculously over the top, and appears to be Jones trying to live up to an image that even he doesn't quite believe in.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 pm

poormadpeter wrote:I find the material from this TV series infuriating. Jones gives some brilliant performances within it, not least the remarkably inspired enactment of Mr Bojangles, with Sammy Davis as the dancer while Jones sings - quite a wonderful piece of television. At the same time, these end sections with Jones "on stage" are ridiculously over the top, and appears to be Jones trying to live up to an image that even he doesn't quite believe in.

Amen to that!

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 am

poormadpeter wrote:I find the material from this TV series infuriating. Jones gives some brilliant performances within it, not least the remarkably inspired enactment of Mr Bojangles, with Sammy Davis as the dancer while Jones sings - quite a wonderful piece of television. At the same time, these end sections with Jones "on stage" are ridiculously over the top, and appears to be Jones trying to live up to an image that even he doesn't quite believe in.

That's Well said, my Friend. So whose idea was it to create that sex symbol image ? Was it Gordon Mills ?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 am

No idea. But it did him really no favours.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:32 am

I don't have words for this! :oops:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:23 am

bajo wrote:I don't have words for this! :oops:

I do...awful...horrific...disgusting..repulsive