Off Topic Messages

Rudolph Valentino~~~

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:17 am

This here is a tribute Video I made for Rudolph Valentino..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2jmQT1piXk&list=UUygzthAk7bIpqZaqINxzygQ&index=6&feature=plcp
Very off topic yea? lol..

Re: Rudolph Valentino~~~

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Very nice tribute Elvis Lady. Love the Creed song too :)
There are some really cool pictures in your tribute.....I guess Elvis was not the "first" heart throb with sideburns...
He had an interesting life.....too bad he died that young.
I guess all the cool ones die too young.... :(
Anyway...thanks for posting this tribute Elvis Lady.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:48 pm

tho silent films are not my favorite past time, i can really appreciate Valentino because he was the world's first big film star (remember, in the 1920's, movies were still in their infancy). He died young and tragically, which really solidified his place in movie history. I think everyone should see at least one Valentino film in their lifetime.
Too bad todays stars aren't as charismatic as this guy was.
Ahhhhhhhhhh......retro Hollywood, those were the days ! 8)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm

elvisbot wrote:tho silent films are not my favorite past time, i can really appreciate Valentino because he was the world's first big film star (remember, in the 1920's, movies were still in their infancy). He died young and tragically, which really solidified his place in movie history. I think everyone should see at least one Valentino film in their lifetime.
Too bad todays stars aren't as charismatic as this guy was.
Ahhhhhhhhhh......retro Hollywood, those were the days ! 8)

Films were not in their infancy in the 1920s. Film pretty much came of age (in Hollywood at least) in the mid 1910s, when feature-length films became the norm and the studio system started to take hold. By the 1920s, the studio system which would be at the heart of Hollywood until the end of the 1950s was well and truly up and running - and even resulted in Valentino not making films for a year or two. However, despite the studio system, the 1920s also saw Hollywood in one of its most artistic phases as well, aided and abetted by the arrival of people such as Murnau, Garboand Sjostrom. The fluidity of the camera and the striking images associated with the late silent period would be sadly lacking for the first few years of the sound period as technical issues forced films to become artificial and labored.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 am

Rudy Valentino~~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 am

Excellent use of the power of stills. Most people (and I'm guilty of trying get fancier and fancier) think they need to get all fancy with the video making, with keyframes, the Ken Burns Effect, The Kid Stays In The Picture Effect, etc., when sometimes, the use of stills - AS stills, is most powerful.

To me, he is: beautiful youth, frozen. He is, thus, eternal. And this captures it so well.

Thank you very much; Valentino is someone I still have much to learn about, and this is very motivating! Great work. :smt023

rjm

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 am

rjm wrote:Excellent use of the power of stills. Most people (and I'm guilty of trying get fancier and fancier) think they need to get all fancy with the video making, with keyframes, the Ken Burns Effect, The Kid Stays In The Picture Effect, etc., when sometimes, the use of stills - AS stills, is most powerful.

To me, he is: beautiful youth, frozen. He is, thus, eternal. And this captures it so well.

Thank you very much; Valentino is someone I still have much to learn about, and this is very motivating! Great work. :smt023

rjm

Well said rjm....and Elvis Lady, looking forward to more of your excellent work :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 am

Well,, Thank you two very much~~ :) This is a favorite of mine from his movie: "Blood & Sand' I just got it the other night on DVD.. its actually pretty interesting to watch~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:33 am

And here is a favorite "Pirate' pic of Rudy I colorized..

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:40 pm

from the book: The Silent Idol

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Another couple colorized photo's of Rudy Valentino by Me~

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:47 pm

:smt006

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Elvis_Lady1967 wrote::smt006

Nice!! Very well done Elvis Lady.
Elvis Lady, I think you're doing a great job. Seems like these photo's are "real" color photo's....I know how much time and effort you put into this......keep up the great work :) :)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Well Thank you very much~ :mrgreen: I'll just keep right on colorizing them & posting them,, not very many colorized photos of Rudy out there.. OR photos of him in general circulating.. what a shame.. I think he deserves alot more credit to his memory...Therefore I will be doing my best to find & share all the photos of him that I can.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:14 pm

:roll:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Here's a little video I made for Rudolph Valentino~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWkHsHoqjE

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 pm

8)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 am

Elvis_Lady1967 wrote:Here's a little video I made for Rudolph Valentino~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWkHsHoqjE

Very nice done Elvis Lady.
IIRC, is the last picture in your video, isn't that the very last picture of Rudolph taken alive?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

You may be interested to know that Valentino's book of "poetry" is now available online at the internet archive:

http://archive.org/details/daydreams00vale

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 am

:mrgreen:
Colorized by me~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwvZsWvRNw

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 am

Another Rudolph Valentino masterpiece from: Me~

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Elvis_Lady1967 wrote::mrgreen:
Another Rudolph Valentino masterpiece from: Me~

Very nice Elvis Lady.
I did not realize that Valentino photo's / memorabilia are high priced collectables.
Would love to see your photo's in a book someday.
Any plans for this?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Your funny sun hero.. lol.. thanks for the complements...

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:22 pm

I always wondered if he was not a gay :mrgreen:

http://rudolphvalentino.org/how-rudolph ... ecame-gay/

after reading it, yes he was a bisexual, perhaps even gay.

this is not a criticism but an observation. ::rocks

I think if he had lived now, he would probably participated in American Idol but not at the final;

Nothing more.
Last edited by Energy Catalyzer on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm

8)