Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince from Another Planet Chart Predictions??

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm

nicolaas wrote:
TJ wrote:Maybe the suggestion could have been made in the existing PFAP chart thread. There are currently 18 PFAP threads on the first two pages of All Elvis. I'm not sure why new threads are needed for every observation about a release.

I think the multithreads are a statement the release is very welcomed by fans and despite the (unrealistic) very high expectations (which elvisfans are known for) it still is a winner in all aspects (that is if it sells as well as it seems, we can expect maybe more of these kind of releases, oh you see this is what i mean by unrealistic expectations, here i go again)!

I know why it happens, but a forum works much better if there's one or two threads per release. Much easier to keep track of people's thoughts and the debates surrounding the release. We probably had 40 or more threads on the Tupelo set.

If I noticed that Elvis laughed in the middle of one song, should I start a thread saying "Anyone notice that Elvis laughed on PFAP?"
Last edited by TJ on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:42 pm

poormadpeter wrote:It's currently number 35 on the amazon charts, which shows just how little Elvis is selling. And we can;t even argue that this is because Elvis is now classed as easy listening, or that the older generations don't buy as much music etc. After all, Susan Boyle, an artist that is aimed at the middle-aged and elderly if ever there was one, is at number 1. What's more the amazon charts suggest that sales of Prince are falling, not rising. Bob Dylan's latest was released for months ago, and is still only one place below Prince. The UK amazon placings are even more depressing, with the cd currently at #66. While there could theoretically be an argument that the two different release formats have split the custom, that hasn't stopped the two different editions of Rod Stewarts Christmas album both faring considerably better than Elvis. Obvious amazon is not the same as the album charts, but it is an indicator - and the indications are that even a fine product like this is not going to set tills ringing a great deal outside of the fandom.

Not even all of his fandom are going to buy it. :wink: Me for one, I already have 'An Afternoon In The Garden' and the evening show on 'The Complete Masters' so I would prever to save my money for the upcoming 'Elvis Files vol.1'. After all there is only so much cash to go around!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 am

They just done a spot on it on Channel 5 News in UK with footage clips :D

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 pm

After reading and checking different record store sites, and checking Amazon, Cd Universe, I think you guys are right, it will be lucky if it even enters the Top 100, but I still believe it will be a steady seller, maybe not a huge seller, but steady.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 pm

That is my hope, too - that it will be a steady seller.

The pity is that there is a body of fans and casual Elvis fans, perhaps of my generation and marginally older, who don't haunt the Internet and will be unaware of the release. It's good, though, that it seems to have had some media attention (albeit not intense) and that is pleasing.

In the days of record shops you didn't necessarily have to be proactive in seeking out new releases. When "An Afternoon In The Garden" was released (1997?) I remember a rack of the CDs, in a local record shop, facing you as you opened the door - and that was 20 years after Elvis's demise.

Steve Morse

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm

PFAP's positions in the following internet outle'S BESTSELLING LISTS, as of this Sunday, 1.pm Central time

OUTLET........................POSITION.................PEAK
AMAZON.........................46..............................13
BORDERS.......................69..............................15
BARNES AND NOBLE......69...............................15.
CD UNIVERSE.................133...........................133
TOWER.............................39...........................39
WALMART........................88.............................88

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm

With only 32.74 percent reporting, mostly West Coast outlets, which report to "Hits Daily Double" first, "Prince from another Planet" not included in the top 50.

Looks like not even 5,000 copies were sold last week, as the album landing at number 50, right now, is reported to have sold 2,193, with, as I mentioned earlier, only 32.74 percent co8nted in. Even if PFAP is right now at number 51, which we don't know as the list only gives the first 50, and assuming the album will do better as East Coast and online outlets report their first week sales, I SERIOUSLY doubt it SOLD MORE, AS IT SHOULD HAVE, than his best selling Christmas album did last week, which was close to 7,000!!

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Jaime1234 wrote:I SERIOUSLY doubt it SOLD MORE, AS IT SHOULD HAVE, than his best selling Christmas album did last week, which was close to 7,000!!

the fact that this Christmas cd is out selling PFAP does not surprise me in the least, it happens every year with regards to his holiday cd`s - where have you been my friend?? :lol:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:22 am

Billboard album charts week ending november 24th has It's Christmas Time at #60. The Classic Christmas Album as a new entry at #174. (Showing the cover of Willie Nelson's album). :roll:
Then clicking on it, up comes Willlie Nelson's album. Also references to 57 Willie Nelson albums showing the covers of several Elvis albums! :roll: :roll:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Patrick68 wrote:Looks like "Prince From Another Planet" will chart in the Top 100 next week when it enters the chart in its 1st week, in the US. But how high? My prediction??? Based on sales at Amazon, Cd Universe, and other online sites....I will chance it at #32.
How about it folks???

I reckon in the bottom 50 of the top 100.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:29 pm

It usually ends up, at the BB200, where it happens to end up at Amazon, but on the following Wednesday. Like today. It is now at 113, so tomorrow morning we will know, but I woujld tend to agree with the prediction that says it'll end up in the bottom half of the Top100. like 97!!!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

#187 on the billboard 200

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:53 pm

classic christmas album #152 on the billboard 200

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 pm

For an album that is hard to find in stores...#187 is not bad, and hopefully it will build on that t'ill X-Mas. Also the notorious "Its Christmas Time" which is double platinum in the US, is at #64 down from #60, yet it has sold more this past week than the previous week.