Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Lets say if we could could freeze time and have Elvis in his early Vegas years be alive today,
i would bet that he would outsell any major 'hot' artist of today. In fact i would go further that he
would be the biggest attraction on the planet and even get security equal that of the President
of the United States.

Image

I bet every major pop star.actor,actress would stand in line,even Michael Jackson, to get an
autograph or at least catch a glimpse of "The King". Now,who would Elvis be inviting to Graceland
or at least like to be around with? I think first of all: Eddy Murphy! Second Oprah Winfrey (hell he
would be even a frequent guest on her show) third James Brown. Ofcourse Steven Spielberg would
be begging to film his shows and make a documentary of it and every major Hollywood star would
try to get a meet and greet with the "The King".

What do you think?

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 pm

sorry......what were you saying?.....couldnt concentrate for THAT pic :smt007 :smt007

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm

debtd1 wrote:sorry......what were you saying?.....couldnt concentrate for THAT pic :smt007 :smt007

same here i was :shock: WOW eyegasm :smt007 took my breath away...

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Ladies, I'm a guy and I can understand what you're saying. He's very handsome in that shot.

As for the poster's thoughts, well, this all happened before, in 1969 and 1970. He was the talk of the entertainment industry then and he would be today. That being said, there might be a little too much hyperbole in that post for my taste.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm

moffringa wrote:Lets say if we could could freeze time and have Elvis in his early Vegas years be alive today,
i would bet that he would outsell any major 'hot' artist of today. In fact i would go further that he
would be the biggest attraction on the planet and even get security equal that of the President
of the United States.

[img]elvis_1969_kiss.jpg[/img]

I bet every major pop star.actor,actress would stand in line,even Michael Jackson, to get an
autograph or at least catch a glimpse of "The King". Now,who would Elvis be inviting to Graceland
or at least like to be around with? I think first of all: Eddy Murphy! Second Oprah Winfrey (hell he
would be even a frequent guest on her show) third James Brown. Ofcourse Steven Spielberg would
be begging to film his shows and make a documentary of it and every major Hollywood star would
try to get a meet and greet with the "The King".

What do you think?

First of all, please don't re-post images from that site. They steal other site's images and re-purpose them, and often mislabel them. It is an insult to every good fan. They have mislabeled the one above -- elvis_1969_kiss.jpg -- which is no surprise.

Here is the correct information and credit for the image:


700914_kissing Malbrough_Admiral Sennes Hotel_Mobile AL.JPG
Kissing fan Mikki Malbrough, Admiral Semmes Hotel, Mobile, AL - Monday, September 14, 1970
Read more on FECC: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/ccshowrev32.html


In answer to your wishful notions, a healthy Elvis in 2012 would no doubt be a major attraction. But it's debatable if he would be the top seller, it would depend on how committed he was to cutting records of vitality and relevance.

Michael Jackson would not be standing in line to see him, as he is deceased. I doubt Presley would be inviting Eddie Murphy or anyone to Graceland, or appearing on TV talk shows. He just didn't do that type of thing. Finally, Steven Spielberg is not known to do music-based documentaries, and if he's an Elvis fan, it's not well-publicized.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
debtd1 wrote:sorry......what were you saying?.....couldnt concentrate for THAT pic :smt007 :smt007

same here i was :shock: WOW eyegasm :smt007 took my breath away...

I really find these puerile comments offensive and embarrassing. Please, stop making them.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
debtd1 wrote:sorry......what were you saying?.....couldnt concentrate for THAT pic :smt007 :smt007

same here i was :shock: WOW eyegasm :smt007 took my breath away...

I really find these puerile comments offensive and embarrassing. Please, stop making them.

There have been many offensive comments on these pages, through the years. IMO, these aren't amongst them. Ladies, thanks for your contributions here.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

stevelecher wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
debtd1 wrote:sorry......what were you saying?.....couldnt concentrate for THAT pic :smt007 :smt007

same here i was :shock: WOW eyegasm :smt007 took my breath away...

I really find these puerile comments offensive and embarrassing. Please, stop making them.

There have been many offensive comments on these pages, through the years. IMO, these aren't amongst them. Ladies, thanks for your contributions here.

you're welcome :smt023

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 pm

stevelecher wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
debtd1 wrote:sorry......what were you saying?.....couldnt concentrate for THAT pic :smt007 :smt007

same here i was :shock: WOW eyegasm :smt007 took my breath away...

I really find these puerile comments offensive and embarrassing. Please, stop making them.

There have been many offensive comments on these pages, through the years. IMO, these aren't amongst them.

That's fine.

But my feeling is that allowing such meaningless, puerile commentary degrades the overall quality of this forum, and I find that offensive, embarrassing and worth noting.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Elvis ability to create such a reaction in girls was part of his attraction long before any of us were here posting on this forum - we shouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of other threads containing serious dicussion for those so inclined to enjoy...

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Elvis ability to create such a reaction in girls was part of his attraction long before any of us were here posting on this forum - we shouldn't worry about it.

I have no problem with such feelings, it's the puerile commentary that is deeply offensive.

"Man, he was handsome" or "Was there a better looking guy ever?" is very different from "same here i was :shock: WOW eyegasm :smt007 took my breath away..." or "PERFECT ass shot. so hot smt135" or "HOT and SEXY" or "*L I C K* 8) more!! more!!"

Are you able to notice the difference? I am.

It's gross, stupid, and dumbs down this forum. There are many other places on the internet to look at photos of the late Elvis Presley and make such posts. FECC should be held to a slightly higher standard.

At least, that's my opinion.

::rocks

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 pm

It's gross, stupid, and dumbs down this forum. There are many other places on the internet to look at photos of the late Elvis Presley and make such posts. FECC should be held to a slightly higher standard.


Doc, did I not see you post in response to a naked fat ETA that Rob posted in the other thread a "perfect ass shot" comment?

Does the context matter, or is a puerile comment a puerile comment regardless of where they're posted?

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rob wrote:
elvis4.jpg

You're welcome.

PERFECT ass shot. so hot smt135

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Doc, did I not see you post in response to a naked fat ETA that Rob posted in the other thread a "perfect ass shot" comment?

Yes, did you miss the ironic intent of that and other replies on the topic? Revisit the topic with that in mind. Both Rob and Mike S clearly share my view on this, based on their equally-ironic postings.


DarrylMac wrote:Does the context matter, or is a puerile comment a puerile comment regardless of where they're posted?

Context always matters. And I trust my view is now clear.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm

I have no problem Doc if it's consistent - I'm sure I'll look forward you admonishing any member who posts such comments, anything puerile, or that lowers the tone, not just Elvisgirl, and I hope you won't feel the need to join in yourself - surely by allowing Rob to get away with posting that pic at all we're lowering the tone more than an eyegasm comment? Is there a similar reprimand for him? I must have missed it in the other thread...

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 pm

DarrylMac wrote:I have no problem Doc if it's consistent - I'm sure I'll look forward you admonishing any member who posts such comments, anything puerile, or that lowers the tone, not just Elvisgirl, and I hope you won't feel the need to join in yourself - surely by allowing Rob to get away with posting that pic at all we're lowering the tone more than an eyegasm comment? Is there a similar reprimand for him? I must have missed it in the other thread...

You completely miss Rob's point -- and mine.

There is no reprimand necessary. His post was basically making the same observation, except with irony and a tad more humour.

That I have explained all of this and you still make the above comments means we are just wasting bandwidth now. You enjoy seeing the forum dumbed down, I do not. Carry on.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am

DarrylMac wrote:Elvis ability to create such a reaction in girls was part of his attraction long before any of us were here posting on this forum - we shouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of other threads containing serious dicussion for those so inclined to enjoy...


And he's still doing it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 am

You enjoy seeing the forum dumbed down, I do not. Carry on.


I treasure this forum, as I have for many years now, for it's wealth of experience, knowledge, and the good grace / humour of many of the posters. I also see it as a place for everyone who has a fascination with Elvis to come and share their thoughts, be it about the music, his charisma, his looks - anything that made him, him!

Surely there's room for everyone? If a thread called "Sexy Shots" is unlikely to be your cup of tea, by all means pass it by.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:12 am

DarrylMac wrote:Surely there's room for everyone? If a thread called "Sexy Shots" is unlikely to be your cup of tea, by all means pass it by.

What is the title of THIS topic?

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 am

Anyone has the right to say anything they would like on here. If the moderator finds anything unsuitable then he can remove it....until then everyone just say what you want in the way you feel like posting it.

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:22 am

I would have to agree with Doc here on drooling sexually over an entertainer that's been dead over 35 years is a bit degrading to the forum and a bit childish to say the least. :roll:

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 am

DarrylMac wrote:
You enjoy seeing the forum dumbed down, I do not. Carry on.


I treasure this forum, as I have for many years now, for it's wealth of experience, knowledge, and the good grace / humour of many of the posters. I also see it as a place for everyone who has a fascination with Elvis to come and share their thoughts, be it about the music, his charisma, his looks - anything that made him, him!

Surely there's room for everyone? If a thread called "Sexy Shots" is unlikely to be your cup of tea, by all means pass it by.


100% with you on that one. The odd thread here and there matters not.

This forum doesn't belong to a select few but to everyone.

I can never understand when people get angry at certain threads; it's like a new FTD release, if you don't like the look of it then pass and move on.

elvisonline

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 am

moffringa wrote:Lets say if we could could freeze time and have Elvis in his early Vegas years be alive today,
i would bet that he would outsell any major 'hot' artist of today. In fact i would go further that he
would be the biggest attraction on the planet and even get security equal that of the President
of the United States.

Image

I bet every major pop star.actor,actress would stand in line,even Michael Jackson, to get an
autograph or at least catch a glimpse of "The King". Now,who would Elvis be inviting to Graceland
or at least like to be around with? I think first of all: Eddy Murphy! Second Oprah Winfrey (hell he
would be even a frequent guest on her show) third James Brown. Ofcourse Steven Spielberg would
be begging to film his shows and make a documentary of it and every major Hollywood star would
try to get a meet and greet with the "The King".

What do you think?


Back to the purpose of the thread, I believe Elvis would be huge, far bigger than he ever was. We are talking the 1969 Elvis in 2012? On a world tour in glorious HD? Wow, that would be amazing!

elvisonline

Re: Elvis Vegas years would outsell any artist of today!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 am

promiseland wrote:I would have to agree with Doc here on drooling sexually over an entertainer that's been dead over 35 years is a bit degrading to the forum and a bit childish to say the least. :roll:

Thank you.

And the last time I checked, the title of this topic ain't "Sexy Shots."

Go dumb down another forum, puerile fans.

::rocks