Off Topic Messages

When ITunes Won't Import - Quick Fix

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I was re-importing FEIM Legacy, losslessly, for my trip, and the 1st disc would not import. It would not play. Nothing. Tried it three or four times. It made rattling noises.

So I checked the help, and it strangely said to start ITunes from the program file IN ITS DIRECTORY, after first closing ITunes. It had worked for disc two, so this made no sense, but I tried it. It worked!

Then, it said in the help to re-create the shortcut. This is weird, but it worked! So if you have a problem, do this.

Also, you select, or deselect error correction, which I did. Twice. But it was really starting it from the original program file, I think.

UPDATE: Except for one song, which seems to be a disc problem. "Who Am I?" keeps freezing and crashing ITunes. Must be the disc. No other problems. Anyway, except for that, I imported the two-disc set, losslessly. Dang! (Maybe ITunes needs a new update right now. They do it all the time.)

rjm

Re: When ITunes Won't Import - Quick Fix

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:16 am

None of my torrents never seem to have this trouble .......just kidding!

Thanks for the info!

Re: When ITunes Won't Import - Quick Fix

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 am

promiseland wrote:None of my torrents never seem to have this trouble .......just kidding!

Thanks for the info!

I get along with Mr. Torrence much better than Mr. Apple.