Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince From Another Planet --> MSG Set Due Out In Septem

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Rockin_John wrote:Listening to the afternoon show now from the Legacy Deluxe Edtion. I can't really say that this is top notch sound... :|

I for one was looking forward to a new fresh 2012 remix of the show. But it didn't at all blow my mind, sounds like any other Elvis live release - nothing 2012 about it if you ask me....

The package however is BRILLIANT, ASTOUNDING, WONDERFUL!
This is an excellent release that I hope will sell zillions!

Can't agree with you there its a major improvement imo, and his vocals now come across with every little nuance and phrasing crystal clear. Great stuff.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Jamie wrote:Can't agree with you there its a major improvement imo, and his vocals now come across with every little nuance and phrasing crystal clear. Great stuff.

Without a doubt there is a huuuuge improvement! I agree, but I was hoping for an album that sounded like livealbums do today..... :?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 am

I think it sounds fine! (I've only played the night show so far...)

I still want to hear the MSG show I know and love ...

I'm not looking for 40 year old
tapes to sound like 2012 live acts and they have delivered.

I'm not going to dwell on any minor demerites as the whole project
is just a dream come true for fans. And fans will keep going with improving the
DVD film footage with other existing film. I have some prior
bootleg projects and can imagine this being brought to another level
again.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:21 am

Mine is arrived today i just listen little bit of both cd so afternoon show sound good there is same improvement but I can't say same for original 1972 release I though Japan 64 bit cd much have better sound. I suspicious about if they really have multiy track recording of this show what is the reason for less improvement (or not improved just diminished high frequency)
But This is not my final judgment I have to listen and compare with my old CDs
DVD is bonus I can't criticize the use what thay have there is some mistakes in press comferances may be my player jump or ther are some some silly cut outs.
Package is good I couldn't see a song list yet but there are some improvment on artwork it really nice.
I will wrIte again after compare with my old CDs.

phpBB [video]

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:29 am

It is a shame that "fans" can't wait to let this set sell a bit before posting the footage on Youtube.

Sony should yank that stuff if they are sincere about making such projects work.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:49 pm

to me the evening show was cleaner in the sound and warmer

I'm not sure why the afternoon had that high effect ?