Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Prince from Another Planet Advertising

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Okay so I was watching Tom Jones clips on youtube (I know, I know, I'm sorry...) and the little banners come up on each clip, which you dutifully click off to get more pic, when lo and behold a 'Prince from Another Planet' banner comes on! I clicked on it and it took me to Amazon, so I wonder who funds that little advert - Sony/RCA or Amazon? Still, it's nice to see it being advertised, though I may have been targeted by the Tom Jones lumping together with Elvis connection rather than it just turning up on any clip perhaps. Mines in the post anyway, from Amazon... Due Thursday-ish...

Re: Prince from Another Planet Advertising

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I believe there is a full page advert in the latest issue of "Mojo" magazine.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 am

My copy was shipped today (Monday) according to Amazon. I know what I'm doing Friday night!!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 am

Ricky wrote:I know what I'm doing Friday night!!

I'm so glad Rob invited you over to his shower. He's all about love.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Ricky wrote:I know what I'm doing Friday night!!

I'm so glad Rob invited you over to his shower. He's all about love.

Yes, they will have a 'GOLLY' good time! (Or jolly).

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm

If one follows or "likes" Elvis on Facebook, there is an ad for this set that pops up in the margins,
courtesy Amazon. GIven the number of casual fans who have "liked" him there, this is a not
insignificant way to reach fans in the post-record store world of today.

I also like the tiny insert advertising other Elvis Cd's included in the set and it's a testimony
to how cleaned up the catalog is that they can point to Legacy titles of "From Elvis in Memphis,"
"Elvis Presley, " etc.

Here's a print ad seen elsewhere:

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:If one follows or "likes" Elvis on Facebook, there is an ad for this set that pops up in the margins,
courtesy Amazon. GIven the number of casual fans who have "liked" him there, this is a not
insignificant way to reach fans in the post-record store world of today.

I also like the tiny insert advertising other Elvis Cd's included in the set and it's a testimony
to how cleaned up the catalog is that they can point to Legacy titles of "From Elvis in Memphis,"
"Elvis Presley, " etc.

Here's a print ad seen elsewhere:

In the advert, why are the pictures on the outer of the inner casing different to what is actually on them??

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm

This is the ad that appeared in the latest issue of Record Collector.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm

PFAP's positions in the following internet outle'S BESTSELLING LISTS, as of this Sunday, 1.pm Central time

OUTLET........................POSITION.................PEAK
AMAZON.........................46..............................13
BORDERS.......................69..............................15
BARNES AND NOBLE......69...............................15.
CD UNIVERSE.................133...........................133
TOWER.............................39...........................39
WALMART........................88.............................88

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:57 pm

I have seen the pop up ads for PFAP on youtube and weather.com as well as other sites.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 am

How good they make an advert, then it is in impossible nowadays to know about new albums etc

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:07 pm

I've seen quite a few news programmes here in the UK showing clips of the concert footage and press conference.It's great to finally see an Elvis release getting good publicity.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Gary1 wrote:I've seen quite a few news programmes here in the UK showing clips of the concert footage and press conference.It's great to finally see an Elvis release getting good publicity.

yes Gary, I saw channel 5 the other evening showing this....nearly fell over with shock

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm

debtd1 wrote:
Gary1 wrote:I've seen quite a few news programmes here in the UK showing clips of the concert footage and press conference.It's great to finally see an Elvis release getting good publicity.

yes Gary, I saw channel 5 the other evening showing this....nearly fell over with shock

It was on ITVs Daybreak last tuesday and wednesday

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am

I"m glad to hear that, gentlemen, including that RECORD COLLECTOR ad.

I keep seeing Amazon ads for it when I'm on-line as well.