Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: PFAP Walmart, Best Buy, Target etc.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am

poormadpeter wrote:I may be being thick, but why would someone go 36 miles out of their way to get something that they could have delivered to their door? If it ain't in stock in your home town, order the damn thing online. Anyone would think you were hunting around for a bag of sugar during a period of rationing.

I can't hand pick my copy on the internet. And I make regular trips 36 miles away to work so no big thing to me. I figure this way I help keep local business going and the demand for at least one copy of Elvis material in an actual physical store plus I get to flirt with the many female clerks ;-).

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:24 am

There were none in the stores here in Delaware either. I pre-ordered the one i got for my husband's birthday from Amazon and it arrived yesterday just as they scheduled. I believe in supporting local business, but if they can't or won't carry what I'm looking for, I order it on line.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:51 am

Rob wrote:Last night I stopped at Best Buy on the way home from work. They didn't have it, so on the way out, I yelled, Kiss my ass!" I then drove down the street to Walmart to check. Again nothing. On the way out, I yelled, "Go to hell!" I stopped at another Walmart 15 miles away just to be sure (it was on the way home). They had nothing as well. I gave them the finger and kicked an old lady in a wheelchair walking out the door.

I then came home and ordered it on Amazon for $29.00 and will have it in three days.

This literally made me laugh...could you not go drop some F-bombs at Target as well?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 am

Rob wrote:Last night I stopped at Best Buy on the way home from work. They didn't have it, so on the way out, I yelled, Kiss my ass!" I then drove down the street to Walmart to check. Again nothing. On the way out, I yelled, "Go to hell!" I stopped at another Walmart 15 miles away just to be sure (it was on the way home). They had nothing as well. I gave them the finger and kicked an old lady in a wheelchair walking out the door.

I then came home and ordered it on Amazon for $29.00 and will have it in three days.

Great Post! You continue to be a favorite!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:45 am

I had mine the day of release and received the pleasure of buying it the crude old fashioned way.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 am

Stop at a Best Buy tonight and found the 3 disc set for $26.00. Guess i got lucky,They only had 3 copies of the 3 disc set and 2 of the 2 disc set.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 pm

After a couple of days of searching store to store, I gave up on finding it in stores and ordered from Amazon and recieved it yesterday (Friday). Listening now.

RKS

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 am

LMAO, this had me laughing for a good 10 minutes!!! Called my husband in to read it and he burst out laughing! Thank you Rob for making us both have a good laugh!!!! :smt005

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:39 pm

ekenee wrote:
bpmod wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:I went to FYE to pick up a copy and they had 3 of them, but every one was badly damaged.
Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release.

But isn't Prince From Another Planet slightly larger at 8" x 8" ?
The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

yeah and FTD's don't include DVD's, so what is your point.

I'm just an observer, but it appeared to me that his point was "they are not the same size". Why should that elicit a response such as yours?

Because if you must know, and since you didn't notice, that response was smart-ass.
Why not ask him why he responded with his not the same size response.
The size was not my point, and since you want to bring it up, an inch makes no difference in this case.
It's close enough.
Ok, they aren't the same size, again, that isn't the point, so what was his point. To be smart ass as in previous times.
Instead of noticing the differences, maybe he should have noticed the similarities, which was my point.

ekenee, I simply asked a question since I had not (and still haven't) received mine, yet.

Please take a smt142 pill. Thanks.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm

PFAP's positions in the following internet outle'S BESTSELLING LISTS, as of this Sunday, 1.pm Central time

OUTLET........................POSITION.................PEAK
AMAZON.........................46..............................13
BORDERS.......................69..............................15
BARNES AND NOBLE......69...............................15.
CD UNIVERSE.................133...........................133
TOWER.............................39...........................39
WALMART........................88.............................88

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
bpmod wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:I went to FYE to pick up a copy and they had 3 of them, but every one was badly damaged.

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

I'm just an observer, but it appeared to me that his point was "they are not the same size". Why should that elicit a response such as yours?

Because if you must know, and since you didn't notice, that response was smart-ass.
The size was not my point, and since you want to bring it up, an inch makes no difference in this case.
It's close enough.
Ok, they aren't the same size, again, that isn't the point, so what was his point. To be smart ass as in previous times.
Instead of noticing the differences, maybe he should have noticed the similarities, which was my point.

ekenee, I simply asked a question since I had not (and still haven't) received mine, yet.

You've derailed threads in the past with some unrelated question, so I am now on guard.

The 7 /8 inches thing is just another example that applies here.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 am

ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
bpmod wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

It's close enough.

You've derailed threads in the past with some unrelated question, so I am now on guard.

You're now on guard? On guard from what... your own paranoia?

ekenee wrote:Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release.

No, because it's not.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 am

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:
bpmod wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

It's close enough.

You're now on guard? On guard from what... your own paranoia?

ekenee wrote:Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release.

No, because it's not.

This is just another example. You've done this a few other times and I let it go.

The thing is about trolls they think what they do is funny.

Instead of looking at the differences. Try looking at the similiarities.

That is my entire point.

Name another main label product that looks like this product?

You can't because there hasn't been any.

The point is is is is is is, is is it's looks like a double disc classic edition.

If they are an inch apart or not is NOT the point.

Smarten up jack ass. I have little patience for your stupid comments.

I don't have time to deal with half-wits.
Last edited by ekenee on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 am

ekenee wrote:This is just another example. You've done this a few other times and I let it go.
The thing is about trolls they think what they do is funny.
Instead of looking at the differences. Try looking at the similiarities.
That is my entire point.
Name another main label product that looks like this product?
You can't because there hasn't been any.
The point is is is is is is, is is it's looks like a double disc classic edition.
If they are an inch apart or not is NOT the point.
Smartem up jack ass. I have little patience for your stupid comments.
I don't have time to deal with half-wits.

Please don't hold anything back... feel free to tell me what's really on your mind.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 am

Jaime1234 wrote:PFAP's positions in the following internet outle'S BESTSELLING LISTS, as of this Sunday, 1.pm Central time

OUTLET........................POSITION.................PEAK
AMAZON.........................46..............................13
BORDERS.......................69..............................15
BARNES AND NOBLE......69...............................15.
CD UNIVERSE.................133...........................133
TOWER.............................39...........................39
WALMART........................88.............................88

It's not even Black Friday yet! I have hopes for this one. People really enjoyed An Afternoon At The Garden. I know the reasons have a lot to do with the cheapo price, but it also sounded fantastic, and this is obviously better, with a lot more to offer. It makes a wonderful gift for even the casual Elvis fan, or any serious music fan. This was possibly the most legendary Garden appearance by a musical artist in the history of the Garden.

I think people will make the connection. The "crunch time" before the holidays hasn't happened yet: that time when people start to panic about what to get this or that person. This is just so perfect!

I JUST ordered it from amazon. I don't think all the die-hards have bought it yet. Not all. And then there's the rest!

I hope Sony will be serious about providing sufficient stock in the physical stores. They have a few days to get serious.

rjm (I'm gonna promote it on Facebook! And hope non-fans hear about it. Word-of-mouth is really good.)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Still havent seen either of these in my area whatsoever....getting discouraged. I work for WM and we always get the Legacy releases (that's where I get mine) and they sell well. Scratching my head on this one....

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 pm

I called this retail store in Memphis >> http://www.spinstreet.com/
They have 5 copies of Prince From Another Planet at $27.99 each.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 pm

ekenee wrote:I don't have time to deal with half-wits.

So, really, what makes you think that anybody else does?

Seriously, get some professional help.

Brian

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 am

ekenee wrote:Instead of looking at the differences. Try looking at the similiarities.

I am sorry. I see your point now.

This release is exactly like the 7" FTD releases.

1. It has the name Elvis on the cover.

2. It has a picture of Elvis on the cover.

3. It has discs inside.

4. Those discs contain recordings of Elvis.

Again, my apologies. I don't know what I was thinking looking only at the differences. Please forgive me.

Brian

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 am

bpmod wrote:
ekenee wrote:Instead of looking at the differences. Try looking at the similiarities.

3. It has discs inside.

Again, my apologies. I don't know what I was thinking looking only at the differences. Please forgive me.

Brian

I made an innocent comparison of a few releases and I am attacked by a couple of
dorks. What is your problem skippy?

You sure get defensive over something that you can't even comprehend.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 am

ekenee wrote:
bpmod wrote:

3. It has discs inside.

Brian

I made an innocent comparison of a few releases and I am attacked by a couple of
dorks. What is your problem skippy?

You sure get defensive over something that you can't even comprehend.

WTF!!?!?!???!

I apologize and you still need to be insulting?

I take back my apology. You are an absolute imbecile with the IQ of a piece of furniture.

Brian

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 am

bpmod wrote:You are an absolute imbecile with the IQ of a piece of furniture.

Just out of curiosity, which piece were you comparing him to?

Thanks in advance.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:58 am

Rob wrote:
bpmod wrote:You are an absolute imbecile with the IQ of a piece of furniture.

Just out of curiosity, which piece were you comparing him to?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, although I could be mistaken, all furniture, both individually and collectively, has the same IQ.

Brian

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:01 am

I know. However, it helps me picture things a lot better if I knew which piece of furniture he is being compared to. I'd really appreciate your help on this.

Sorry for your trouble, but it's just the way I am.

By the way, he called you a dork. I looked it up and here's what it displayed.

If I were you, I'd be pissed!
Last edited by Rob on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 am

ekenee wrote:I made an innocent comparison of a few releases and I am attacked by a couple of dorks.

Oh yeah, you were really attacked -
Blue River wrote:

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

ekenee, you and poormadpeter wouldn't happen to be sisters would you? Just curious.