Post here your Elvis' pictures

Any information about these would be appreciated!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:02 am

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Any information about these would be appreciated!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:12 am

A couple of those are from the site that steals and re-purposes images, so I am going to leave those alone.

Here are a few details for you:

510000_w Gene Smith_booth.jpg
With cousin Gene Smith, Memphis photo booth, circa 1951
Corrected view.

510000_w Gene Smith_less cropped.jpg
With cousin Gene Smith, Memphis photo booth, circa 1951
Same image, less cropped.

510000_w Bobby Smith_booth.jpg
With cousin Bobby Smith, Memphis photo booth, circa 1951
Corrected view.
Note this is the SAME booth as the one with Gene, but Elvis is wearing different clothes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 am

What's the point of reversing images? It just makes no sense to me> Why do they do it?
Thanks for the corrected views, Doc ::rocks

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 am

Thanks, Doc, both for the information and for flipping the photos. Nice to see the full image of the photo with Gene Smith.

Would you mind sending me a PM about the site to which you referred? I'm still fairly new at hunting for photos, but I've already seen a few things I did not like, and I'd be glad to know what you might suggest I avoid, and how to spot such sites.

Polk Salad Andy, I agree! All I can think of is that there are a lot of very careless developers of negatives out there; why or how else photos would be flipped is beyond me. I missed spotting the flip of both of the ones Doc corrected, but I've corrected dozens and dozens. It's outrageous that even EPE doesn't seem to catch them.

Thanks!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 am

#3 is from the summer of 1957, taken on Graceland’s driveway. – Here’s another!

#4 is from the summer of 1958, taken in Killeen, Texas. Elvis & Buddy Knox.

#5 is from the fall of 1954, Elvis with Buzzy Forbes & Farley Guy, outside of Lauderdale Courts.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 am

Julian Grant, Thank you! That's a beautiful photo.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Early photos from that era are often reversed images - something to do with inexact technology of the time - maybe a cheap set-up in photo booths. The very early Gladys and Vernon photos are back to front and so are the two photos of Elvis aged about 13 with a giant cold sore, though these pictures usually appear nowadays in corrected format.