Off Topic Messages

Re: Good Luck to President Barack H. Obama!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 am

Blue River wrote:
elvissessions wrote:.... our still-improving nation needs a leader as sharp and strong as Mr. Obama to help guide us.

:lol: You children say the darndest things! smt174

::rocks

Well, 'the children' were in the majority, went to the polls and like sane, sober minded adults re-elected President Obama.

On the other hand, real children illustrate their thoughts with cartoons...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 am

intheghetto wrote:
Blue River wrote:
elvissessions wrote:.... our still-improving nation needs a leader as sharp and strong as Mr. Obama to help guide us.

:lol: You kids say the darndest things! smt174

Well, 'the children' were in the majority, went to the polls and like sane, sober minded adults re-elected President Obama.

You really can't stand that cartoon thingy, can you 'ghetto? :D

By-the-way, I wrote "kids"... where did you get the "children" from?
You may have been sober when you voted for your Lord & Saviour smt125 Obama,
but you must not be tonight! smt199

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 am

I like smileys, too. Funny how much we have in common, except for . . .

Anyway, no President (nor any candidate for President) is my "Lord and Savior"! He works for me. And I voted to extend his contract for four years. The 55 electoral votes from my state went along with the other 277, to agree with my vote. The majority of The Board of Directors we call "the people" of the United States of America, hired him back.

It's a very orderly process, and I'm glad we have it. While my personal spiritual beliefs guide my life choices, including voting, this does not make voting a matter of importance from On High. (Except in Colorado and Washington St., but I don't guess you're in the mood for a little humor.)

Or do you wish to SECDEE? (You would be appointed Secretary of Education of The Confederacy, 'cause there is a need . . .)

A brand new viral photograph!

SECDEE.jpg

Seriously, this has really gone out of hand, lately. Where brothers fight brothers, as in CWI.

Meanwhile, there is actual work to be done. And it's no time to be looking back at an election that is over. It's time to work together.

I hope we can all let the past be past, respect our differences, and embrace our similarities, so we'll all have a future.

phpBB [video]

This situation in the country of his child and grandchildren, would break Elvis's heart: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/white-house-to-review-online-secession-petitions/

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Blue River wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
Blue River wrote:

:lol: You kids say the darndest things! smt174

You really can't stand that cartoon thingy, can you 'ghetto? :D

Are you ever going to shut up? or are we going to get this continually until a Republican president is elected?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Are you ever going to shut up? or are we going to get this continually until a Republican president is elected?

:lol: You kids ask the darndest questions! :D

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:You really can't stand that cartoon thingy, can you 'ghetto? :D

Are you ever going to shut up? or are we going to get this continually until a Republican president is elected?

Sadly, if I were a betting man, I would choose the second option.

All his never-ending chatter proves is President Obama will definitely need our best wishes going forward, as the ever-more-narrow conservative base digs in their heels and refuses to allow America to move ahead.

With all the wonderful possibilities before us, it would be a shame to see more of the same obstructionist bull-crap from these people.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
chris wrote:Yeah, everything will be OK now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -new-taxes

Please don't post any more links from that deceased, right-wing maniac's website, OK?

This is meant to be a positive topic, for all readers. Thank you.

Translation - This thread is for all readers, but opinions and comments from conservatives are not welcome unless you're agreeing with me and Barack Obama on any issue.

Thank you - drjohncarpenter

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Please don't post any more links from that deceased, right-wing maniac's website, OK?

Translation - This thread is for all readers, but opinions and comments from conservatives are not welcome unless you're agreeing with me and Barack Obama on any issue.

Do you bounce up and down and rub your hands with glee every time you type something on this thread?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Do you bounce up and down and rub your hands with glee every time you type something on this thread?

Are you ever going to shut up?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:This is meant to be a positive topic, for all readers. Thank you.

Incorrect.

Off-topic, mean-spirited comments are not welcome.

Subject: Good Luck to President Barack H. Obama!

Hope this helps.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Off-topic, mean-spirited comments are not welcome.

Okay, back on topic -

drjohncarpenter wrote:But now's the time to get it together, on both sides. America must continue to move forward.

Translation - Now's the time to get it together, on both sides, as long as it's the Republicans that cave in to the wishes and plans of the Democrats in Washington, D.C.

Not mean-spirited, just honest.
Last edited by Blue River on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 am

121107071252-obama-twitter-story-top.jpg
Barack Obama Twitter Account

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: . . .mean-spirited comments are not welcome.

Ohhh... when you write mean-spirited, you mean like the following -
drjohncarpenter wrote:Please don't post any more links from that deceased, right-wing maniac's website, OK?

Thanks for the clarification!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 am

Please, get off my positive topic with your rants. No one wants to read them.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 am

It's nonsensical not to wish President Obama well, whether he's your guy or not. The alternative is what? Hoping the country is in a worse state in four years?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Please, get off my positive topic with your rants. No one wants to read them.

You're reading them.
Keeping it real is not a "rant".

Grow up.

TJ wrote:It's nonsensical not to wish President Obama well, whether he's your guy or not. The alternative is what? Hoping the country is in a worse state in four years?

I don't wish the guy any ill will. I just don't think he'll help the U.S. economy prosper over the next four years.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Please, get off my positive topic with your rants. No one wants to read them.

You're reading them.
Keeping it real is not a "rant".

Grow up.

TJ wrote:It's nonsensical not to wish President Obama well, whether he's your guy or not. The alternative is what? Hoping the country is in a worse state in four years?

I don't wish the guy any ill will. I just don't think he'll help the U.S. economy prosper over the next four years.

We know. You have made your point countless times. There is no need to make it any more. We know what you think about Obama. We know what you think about his policied. Now give it a rest.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am

As for "good luck," in this atmosphere, he's gonna need it. Many not only wish him bad luck (not saying it's you, Blue), but some don't want be a part of a country with him as President. Many have said they wish to secede from the Union. Will they "get over it"? Your guess is as good as mine.

As for "caving" or "not caving," it didn't used to be this way. There used to be enough cooperation to at least get something done, so that we'd at least function. That time is over. But there was a time when that happened. And no one spoke of secession. Much less signed petitions from a number of states, which the White House says it will dutifully "review."

rjm

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 am

Nice observation, rjm.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:39 am

rjm wrote:As for "good luck," in this atmosphere, he's gonna need it. Many not only wish him bad luck (not saying it's you, Blue), but some don't want be a part of a country with him as President. Many have said they wish to secede from the Union. Will they "get over it"? Your guess is as good as mine.

As for "caving" or "not caving," it didn't used to be this way. There used to be enough cooperation to at least get something done, so that we'd at least function. That time is over. But there was a time when that happened. And no one spoke of secession. Much less signed petitions from a number of states, which the White House says it will dutifully "review."

rjm

It appears to me that many Americans need to get their heads out of their backside and get on with life with a president they didn't vote for. So their guy didn't win. Get over it. You can't please all the people all the time, but a democratic election is at least a way to please the majority of people. Many Brits don't want Cameron as leader, but we don't go around throwing our toys out of the pram and shouting from the rooftops that we are not playing anymore.

I mean, really it's pathetic the way some people are reacting in the US at the moment. Anyone would think Obama was an evil dictator who was planning to throw half the population in prison, or kill their dogs or poison their Grans or pull Donald Trump's hair out/off.

He is simply a man with different ideas to what they have. Alot of people have a lot of growing up to do.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:06 am

It was no different when Republican candidates were poised to win the presidency. Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford were amont the celebrities who PROMISED they would move out of the US if George W. Bush was re-elected. He was, and they continued to reside in the US. Petulant, spoiled liars.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 am

poormadpeter wrote:It appears to me that many Americans need to get their heads out of their backside and get on with life with a president they didn't vote for. So their guy didn't win. Get over it. You can't please all the people all the time, but a democratic election is at least a way to please the majority of people. Many Brits don't want Cameron as leader, but we don't go around throwing our toys out of the pram and shouting from the rooftops that we are not playing anymore.

I mean, really it's pathetic the way some people are reacting in the US at the moment. Anyone would think Obama was an evil dictator who was planning to throw half the population in prison, or kill their dogs or poison their Grans or pull Donald Trump's hair out/off.

He is simply a man with different ideas to what they have...

You continue to post on a thread where you've asked me - "Are you ever going to shut up?"

poormadpeter wrote:Alot of people have a lot of growing up to do.

You're obviously part of those people. Now take your own advice - Get over it and get past it already.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 am

Steve G wrote:It was no different when Republican candidates were poised to win the presidency. Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford were amont the celebrities who PROMISED they would move out of the US if George W. Bush was re-elected. He was, and they continued to reside in the US. Petulant, spoiled liars.

Thanks for that unsubstantiated tidbit.

Does this translate to "Good Luck, Mr. President"? That's the topic.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Nice observation, rjm.

Thank you, Doc!

rjm

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:01 pm

A couple of remarks here. Over here in the Netherlands the general consensus was that it would be better for the world if Obama won.
If Romney won, this would heve been better for our ecenomics. Despite that editorials still leaned towards Obama. Why is that? Imho because of the immaterial agenda that goes with the material program. Women's lib. Pro choice. Equality between man and woman. Proper healthcare for everyone. The list goes on.
Obama is about equal opportunities and equality. He is also a man who seems to have a grasp on the new warfare, through the computers and their networks.

Once can see in in his face and you can hear it in his voice. Gone is the glory and the dream, it seems. He looks tired, beaten. His voice at times cracks. Gone is the the Yes We Can chant.
It its pleace the world has a new US president who almost whispers: yes, we must.

And i am with him in his struggles. He comprehends the fact that the world entered a new fase, not only because of 911, nor the wars of Bush.
It is a new world, with new dangers and new leaders coming up, such as the BRIC countries. The demographics are changing rapidly.

So i am rooting for the U.S. A country which seems deeply devided in two camps. I hope that both parties will set aside their difficulties and start to work together, as this is is his major challenge. May he succeed.