Off Topic Messages

Re: What Were You Watching ?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:17 pm

watched movie, mad max last night

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:21 am

The Heartbreak Kid with the other half, both of us in tears with laughter.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 am

The Military Channel. "Deadliest Tech." It's about body armor - the history and evolution of body armor. (I always wear all those gear packs and everything all the time, so this is perfect for me.)

But, on a serious note, tomorrow is Veteran's Day, so . . . I'm in the mood to think about the soldier boys and gals.

I do watch it a lot, though; you wouldn't think a peacenick like me would, but I do.

Here's someone who's always looking to "find himself" in those "WWII in HD" films on the military channel. I thanked him today, for . . . saving the world, and all that.

Anybody watch The Military Channel? It's good on the weekends, when there's not much on. It's always interesting, and they sometimes have films.

rjm

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm

last night i watched 2 movies, edge of darkness and rest stop: don't look back, a couple of x files episodes, some things on animal planet and a concert

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:47 pm

last night i watched a couple of episodes of x files, and watched some things on animal planet

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm

yesterday......I watched 'Bond'......."James Bond"

brilliant if anyone's thinking of going

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 pm

last night i watched some animal planet

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:26 pm

watched WWE smackdown (from friday) yesterday

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Watched Skyfall last week, very good indeed, major improvement on Solace though despite critics views, not the 'best Bond' ever made, but top six at least.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Watching GRIMM, Series 2, loving it !

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 pm

watched some animal planet last night

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 pm

yesterday i watched WWE raw (from monday), some animal planet and a movie called, a raisin in the sun

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 am

dennyelvis wrote:Watching GRIMM, Series 2, loving it !

I can't get into Grimm. Somehow it just doesn't gel. That said, i didn't get on with American Horror Story in the first season either, and gave up watching. But am quite enjoying the second season (which has a different plot/characters etc to the first).

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 pm

watched a movie last night, mad max beyond thunderdome

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

last night i watched a movie that i don't remember the title of. it doesn't matter anyway, cuz it sucked and i didn't watch the last 30 minutes of it. then i watched an episode of x files, and a concert

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 pm

last night i watched some animal planet, WWE smackdown (from friday) and a couple of x files episodes

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 am

last night i watched some animal planet

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 am

Come to think of it, that's a hard question. For some. I was able to describe some faves, and if there's a special event. But actually, the television is ALWAYS on. So, it's really not possible to answer definitively. I never say "I am going to watch television." That had never come up, in my life! :lol: Just never.

I remember that in 1968, we went on a vacation, right this week, all those years ago, for a couple weeks, I think, at a "Dude Ranch." For Thanksgiving. And they had little cabins or something like that, not regular hotel rooms. And this "lodge" area with a restaurant, western-style. It was all fun. Rode horses, posed like "John Wayne" for snapshots, yada, yada, yada.

But. Something awful happened when we checked in! We went into the "cabin," and set everything down, and I flopped on the beds, as usual. And something was wrong. My mom and I looked at each other, and I think rang out in harmony: THERE IS NO TV SET!
It was a crisis of major proportions. My dad went down to the main desk, and tried to find some room with a TV, but they said people don't come Dude Ranches to watch TV. :shock: I think he was afraid to come back.

I don't remember much after that. I mean, I remember the horses, the lodge, etc. But I don't remember anything from "inside." It's like a traumatic repressed memory. No television set. I don't think that EVER happened again. Ever.

rjm (Now, I can watch TV shows on my Phablet! Oh, Brave New World, That Has Such Gadgets In It!)
P.S. -- That reminds me; I gotta go to Google Play and rent a couple films, to watch on the plane, going, and then returning.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:36 pm

tuesday i watched WWE survivor series (from sunday) and some animal planet. yesterday i watched WWE raw (from monday) and some animal planet

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:31 pm

last night I watched some animal planet

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 am

Deadwood, season 3...awesome.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 pm

yesterday I watched some Animal Planet, a movie called The Stepfather (or just Stepfather, I don't remember), and some of a movie called The Box...but it sucked, so I didn't watch all of it..then I watched one episode of X Files and a concert. friday I didn't watch anything at all? wow

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 am

watched the last ever CSI Miami;-(
....and Greys Anatomy

getting into Boston Legal too....its a hoot..lol

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 pm

yesterday I watched some Animal Planet

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:yesterday I watched some Animal Planet

So you´re watching other animals now...?!! :cry: :cry: :cry: