Post here your Elvis' pictures

Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Mon May 07, 2012 3:58 am

Does anyone have a larger size version of this photo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Mon May 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Here you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Mon May 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Reminds me of Sam's avatar !

Sam's Avatar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks very much Rizzy! :D

ColinB wrote:Reminds me of Sam's avatar !

Sam's Avatar.jpg


Good ol' Sam...I miss seeing him on here. He was one classy guy.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Tue May 08, 2012 3:56 am

Does anyone know when this photo was taken? Thanks...

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Tue May 08, 2012 2:26 pm

ColinB wrote:Reminds me of Sam's avatar !


Yeah, it's impossible to see that pic without thinking of good ol' Sam. RIP...

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Wed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm

jeremylr wrote:Does anyone know when this photo was taken? Thanks...

From Live a little love a little, probably may 1968

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 am

Many thanks for the May '68 date...

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Thu May 10, 2012 8:48 am

egilj wrote:
jeremylr wrote:Does anyone know when this photo was taken? Thanks...

From Live a little love a little, probably may 1968

Is there a particular reason for Elvis to be wearing a cowboy hat during the "Live A Little" photo session?

I had always assumed (probably incorrectly) that this was a "Stay Away, Joe" picture.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Isn't that from Stay Away, Joe?

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

ColinB wrote:Reminds me of Sam's avatar !

Sam's Avatar.jpg

same here :| miss you sam

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 pm

jeremylr wrote:Many thanks for the May '68 date...



::rocks
Its from photo shoot for film -Stay Away Joe -
When Elvis Acts As Joe Lightcloud -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 pm

jeremylr wrote:Does anyone know when this photo was taken? Thanks...

The portrait was probably taken in June 1968, around the time Elvis was making his TV special. If you look closely at Elvis' watch, you can see this session was done around 3:30pm!


680600_RCA PR photo.jpg
RCA PR Photo, June 1968


Note that "Stay Away, Joe" was already in theaters as of March 1968. One thing that makes me think they are all from June is the golden tan Elvis has, and the length of his sideburns. IIRC, he did not have a tan in "Live A Little, Love A Little." Elvis left California on May 18, 1968 and returned from his Hawaiian vacation on June 2.

Perhaps the thought was to produce more publicity images for MGM ("Live A Little, Love A Little"), who would release their film in October, and some for RCA publicity purposes, such as:


279-prs-cover-side1.jpg
Singer Presents Elvis Singing Flaming Star and Others (RCA PRS-279, October 1968)
Image courtesy of the essential Elvis record research database, elvisrecords.us


4155-lsp-insert-side1.jpg
1969 Bonus Photo
From Elvis In Memphis (RCA 4155, June 1969)
Image courtesy of the essential Elvis record research database, elvisrecords.us


Note the image in the bonus photo was reversed:

4155-lsp-insert-side1_correct view.JPG
1969 Bonus Photo - Correct View
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm not fully convinced it was taken in june. In a lot of the publicity stills where he has the exact same sidburns and hairstyle (check the pic without the hat), he wears the Live a little love a little-clothes. His sideburs were marginally longer and bigger in june, I think.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Although not a final proof, a photo shown in the book Elvis Presley, Unseen archives his watch shows it was taken 4 o'clock. He wears green sweater and white jacket in this pic (Live a little). It could have been taken half an hour later than the pics above.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 pm

egilj wrote:Although not a final proof, a photo shown in the book Elvis Presley, Unseen archives his watch shows it was taken 4 o'clock. He wears green sweater and white jacket in this pic (Live a little). It could have been taken half an hour later than the pics above.


All promotional photos of LAL-LAL his sideburns are longer than those used his character in the film.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Is it possible that promotional photos of "Stay Away, Joe" and "Love a Little ..." are taken in the same session?

If you look at the photo of Elvis with red shirt and compare it with that one wearing a blue suit (each for the films mentioned) Elvis used the same ring on her left hand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 pm

javierTCB wrote:Is it possible that promotional photos of "Stay Away, Joe" and "Love a Little ..." are taken in the same session?

If you look at the photo of Elvis with red shirt and compare it with that one wearing a blue suit (each for the films mentioned) Elvis used the same ring on her left hand.

It appears to be his "lucky horseshoe" wedding ring. Good observation, but the photos are probably not for "Stay Away, Joe" -- which as noted was already in theaters in March 1968, when "Live A Little, Love A Little" began production.

One thing not in doubt is that all the photos are probably from the same afternoon session. The red shirt image shows 3:32pm, the green shirt 3:55pm, on the same watch.


680600_Photo Session watch.jpg


One thing that makes me think they are all from June is the golden tan Elvis has, and the length of his sideburns. IIRC, he did not have a tan in "Live A Little, Love A Little." Elvis left California on May 18, 1968 and returned from his Hawaiian vacation on June 2.


680602_w Lisa and Priscilla_leaving Hawaii.JPG


Perhaps the thought was to produce more publicity images for MGM ("Live A Little, Love A Little"), who would release their film in October, and RCA. I'll amend my post to reflect this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 am

javierTCB wrote:
egilj wrote:Although not a final proof, a photo shown in the book Elvis Presley, Unseen archives his watch shows it was taken 4 o'clock. He wears green sweater and white jacket in this pic (Live a little). It could have been taken half an hour later than the pics above.


All promotional photos of LAL-LAL his sideburns are longer than those used his character in the film.

That's correct, but the publicity shots in 60's were mostly taken after the filming was done. In the middle of may would be my guess.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 am

How did he get a tan in the middle of May?

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:57 am

I can't really answer for the tan, beside he worked a bit outdoor in the movie. And that I myself have had a slight tan in may a few times:D But I still have two objections. I don't agree that his sideburns are quite the same (although close) as in the Special. And I don't find it's likely that the clothes from Live a little were brought over to Burbank.

Re: Anyone have a larger size for this photo?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:19 am

egilj wrote:I can't really answer for the tan, beside he worked a bit outdoor in the movie. And that I myself have had a slight tan in may a few times:D But I still have two objections. I don't agree that his sideburns are quite the same (although close) as in the Special. And I don't find it's likely that the clothes from Live a little were brought over to Burbank.

Maybe he went to Culver City for an afternoon in June? I'm sure there's documentation somewhere. But where?