Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:20 pm

I didn't realize that the 50th anniversary of Hawaii's Statehood was the 21st of this month. It would've been nice to have these venues done for that.
Anyway, these pages are really intended to be read together in sequence. Some parts begin on the first page and end on the second. The first has a lot of reading (Sorry)

Check them out at
http://scottymoore.net/honolulu.html
and
http://scottymoore.net/conroybowl.html

as usual, any you missed at http://scottymoore.net/venues.html

Mahalo nui loa!
Maui Jim
Last edited by JamesVRoy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:40 pm

fantastic read, thanks

Deb

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Awesome James, thanks again!

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:56 pm

Fantastic avatar James ! That plane looks really great.

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Magnificent! Thanks J

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:17 pm

Mike DK wrote:Fantastic avatar James ! That plane looks really great.


There's a plane in James' avatar? I didn't notice.

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:51 am

i only get red xs when i click the link :cry:

Re: Honolulu Stadium and the Conroy Bowl - Hawaii 1957

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:06 pm

James
I really enjoyed all the work put into this post well done regards bob

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 pm

I thought it was pretty cool to notice some of the commonalities between a lot of the events and people. Like the Lurline used in the movies and Elvis shipping home on that. Then Mickey Shaugnessy in both movies, and Donna Reed going on to play the TV mom of Shelley Fabres (sp?). Sterling Mossman an occasional regular on Hawaiian Eye, that starred Connie Stevens and Bob Conrad. There's a lot of cross over stuff, the pink jeeps from the hotel etc...
What movie did Elvis use that in anyway and did it have anything to do with the Hilton Hawaiian Village in the movie?

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 am

What a fantastic read! Great stuff. I really enjoyed this. Thanks so much.

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:43 am

Great! Thanks for sharing! :smt006

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Are these from Conroy Bowl?
$T2eC16JHJHEE9ny2p6RtBQnt0rDPL!~~60_57.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Are these from Conroy Bowl?
$T2eC16JHJHEE9ny2p6RtBQnt0rDPL!~~60_57.jpg


Yes, they are... and you should've also posted the link to them, in case someone would actually like to bid.
No, I'm not selling them, but why not give everyone a chance to bid on these rare shots?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251182206515

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:07 pm

What an incredible setlist he must have had for those shows on November 10, 1957... its tragic that RCA didn't (officially) record any live performances during the first two years of his career. Thanks for sharing that information, James.

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

elvis-fan wrote:What an incredible setlist he must have had for those shows on November 10, 1957... its tragic that RCA didn't (officially) record any live performances during the first two years of his career. Thanks for sharing that information, James.

The photos just posted on eBay are from his final 1950s gig, November 11, 1957. Apparently, "Jailhouse Rock" brought the house down. Can you imagine hearing a recording of this performance?

Oh, William, the pain!

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 pm

These new photos are so cool, I'm gonna corral and post them on All Elvis, right now!

See:
Amazing Find --> More Photos from the LAST '50s Show!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73416

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 am

simply Awesome! You just knew there had to be people there with a camera

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 am

It could be Hound Dog, but could it be Jailhouse Rock, Rip it Up, or even Got A Lot-a Living to Do? Either way, would have been amazing to wtiness.

rlj

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:58 am

It could be Hound Dog, but could it be Jailhouse Rock, Rip it Up, or even Got A Lot-a Living to Do with the "tip-toes"? Either way, would have been amazing to wtiness.

rlj

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:26 pm

James, you're the man! You easily could have written a book or three. Tremendous work and your love of writing shines through. Great work.

P.S. You can see the beginning of Elvis in his later years stage wear... The pictures taken on the boat signal a high collar, open cut chest blouse with a nice pattern to match. The sunglasses were there. He was way ahead of himself even.

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 pm

James your website is Topps!! Always enjoy reading your updates!

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks, glad you enjoy(ed) the pages.
BTW, It looks like the pix from that auction closed at just over $1000. I held the high bid for a little while early off but it didn't take long to get out of my budget. I waited awhile anyways and then reworked the pix they had up a bit and appeneded them in a section to the page on the Conroy Bowl. Thanks for the heads up on them.

http://www.scottymoore.net/conroybowl.html#eBay

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Thanks, glad you enjoy(ed) the pages.
BTW, It looks like the pix from that auction closed at just over $1000. I held the high bid for a little while early off but it didn't take long to get out of my budget. I waited awhile anyways and then reworked the pix they had up a bit and appeneded them in a section to the page on the Conroy Bowl. Thanks for the heads up on them.

http://www.scottymoore.net/conroybowl.html#eBay

Kudos again to onelove for kindly providing the eBay link.

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:20 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:Thanks, glad you enjoy(ed) the pages.
BTW, It looks like the pix from that auction closed at just over $1000. I held the high bid for a little while early off but it didn't take long to get out of my budget. I waited awhile anyways and then reworked the pix they had up a bit and appeneded them in a section to the page on the Conroy Bowl. Thanks for the heads up on them.

http://www.scottymoore.net/conroybowl.html#eBay

Kudos again to onelove for kindly providing the eBay link.


Absolutely. I credited them both.

Re: Before Aloha From Hawaii there was...

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 am

James, it's always a pleasure reading your website and the updates!