Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

PFAP Walmart, Best Buy, Target etc.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 am

Just wondering where those who went in search of PFAP found it today in the U.S. I went to a local Best Buy today at 6pm and found one copy of the 2 cd set in the regular cd section and one copy of the 3 disc set in the box set section. Just wondering if places like Walmart and Target will even carry the 3 disc set since it is oversized? Apparently Best Buy didn't order many copies.

Re: PFAP Walmart, Best Buy, Target etc.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 am

thatsthewayitis wrote:i found it at fye for $24.95 and the 2 cds for $17.99

How many copies did they have?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 am

I went to my first Walmart at 4:30am (on my way to work) and found 1 copy of the Legacy Edition nothing else. I went to 2 more Walmart stores - nothing! I then went to Best Buy - nothing! I then went to Target - nothing!

RKS

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm

We don't have either one out here in our store... I have been looking. :oops:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Sony may have focused on online sales and limited distribution at regular retail. Maybe it was hard for them to predict sales figures in the first place.
It would make sense however to see more copies in store during the holiday period.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:51 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:I went to my first Walmart at 4:30am (on my way to work) and found 1 copy of the Legacy Edition nothing else. I went to 2 more Walmart stores - nothing! I then went to Best Buy - nothing! I then went to Target - nothing!

RKS

Same here in this sh*t kicker town I live in !!!

Is Elvis extinct these days ? boy, they had plenty of "It's Christmas Time" cd's though ...

And sweetangeline thinks Elvis at retail is alive and well ?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 pm

l've been to four major retail stores in my town and no one is stocking either one!!!!!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Yesterday I went to two local Walmarts. One had one copy of the Elvis As Recorded At MSG Legacy set, but no PFAP at either store. I Then checked Target. Nothing. I got online and checked the Best Buy and Barnes & Noble stores near the area where I live. Out of Stock. I ended up ordering from Amazon. RCA/Sony has got to do a better job of getting a major release such as this into the stores on the release date.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 pm

The situation regarding distribution and stocking of PFAP at retail is not good enough. It would be appreciated if you were to leave feedback for SONY LEGACY regarding this matter at the following URL:

http://hub.sonymusic.com/about/feedback.php

Thanks.

Brian

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:The situation regarding distribution and stocking of PFAP at retail is not good enough. It would be appreciated if you were to leave feedback for SONY LEGACY regarding this matter at the following URL:

http://hub.sonymusic.com/about/feedback.php

Thanks.

Brian

Get with it sweetangeline, start raising some hell !!! :evil:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 pm

I rarely find pricing as competitive at the retail level as I do online... and with free shipping, I don't have to go through the hassle of going to the store to pick it up. I realize not everyone feels that way, but the product is available. If I was a store owner, I would not fill my shelves with any releases by Elvis Presley... I can understand why shops would keep very little Presley product in stock... it's 2012.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21732391
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Prince+from+Another...+%5BDVD%5D+%5BBox%5D+%5B11/12%5D+-+CD/6909686.p?id=2562896&skuId=6909686&st=elvis%20presley&lp=1&cp=1
http://hmv.ca/Products/Detail/680703.aspx

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm

elvis-fan wrote:I rarely find pricing as competitive at the retail level as I do online... and with free shipping, I don't have to go through the hassle of going to the store to pick it up. I realize not everyone feels that way, but the product is available. If I was a store owner, I would not fill my shelves with any releases by Elvis Presley... I can understand why shops would keep very little Presley product in stock... it's 2012.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21732391
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Prince+from+Another...+%5BDVD%5D+%5BBox%5D+%5B11/12%5D+-+CD/6909686.p?id=2562896&skuId=6909686&st=elvis%20presley&lp=1&cp=1
http://hmv.ca/Products/Detail/680703.aspx

Sense at last. Having said that, it seems to be stocked better in the UK via HMV. Both HMV stores in Norwich (why we have two is anybody's guess) had multiple copies, and they also had multiple copies of the 20CD set from a couple of months back too.

It could also be, of course, that stores got in the normal amount of copies for new Elvis stock and are simply selling more than they thought they would. I wouldn't be on that, but a possibility.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm

I ordered through Amazon...my copy should be waiting for me today when I get home from work :) I didn't trust the local stores to have the deluxe edition in stock so I was proactive and ordered it early. I know it frustrates some, but retail is only going to stock new records by established artists and greatest hits from everyone else. To its credit, my local Best Buy has a ton of Elvis product...about 1 each of the Legacy reissues and plenty of greatest hits...it's not like they ignore Elvis...they just know what will sell.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

bquick wrote:I ordered through Amazon...my copy should be waiting for me today when I get home from work :) I didn't trust the local stores to have the deluxe edition in stock so I was proactive and ordered it early. I know it frustrates some, but retail is only going to stock new records by established artists and greatest hits from everyone else. To its credit, my local Best Buy has a ton of Elvis product...about 1 each of the Legacy reissues and plenty of greatest hits...it's not like they ignore Elvis...they just know what will sell.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm

minkahed wrote:Get with it sweetangeline, start raising some hell !!!

please see this thread for my absolutely wonderful response, "Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week". Unlike you I don`t cludder the board on every thread, I respect and invite other submissions, having said that CANADA LOVES ELVIS BECAUSE HE`S EVERYWHERE HERE, see ya over the holidays!! :lol:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Since I have been out of work...Hope I get one. I'll have to ask around to get one for CHRISTMAS! :oops:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
minkahed wrote:Get with it sweetangeline, start raising some hell !!!

please see this thread for my absolutely wonderful response, "Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week". Unlike you I don`t cludder the board on every thread, I respect and invite other submissions, having said that CANADA LOVES ELVIS BECAUSE HE`S EVERYWHERE HERE, see ya over the holidays!! :lol:

He aint were i abide

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 am

sooner wrote:He aint were i abide

then stop over to the last SAM THE RECORD MAN store and you will be shocked to see how many are in stock!! By the way it is the only SAMS left in Canada. Can you guess what city it`s in?? On a sad note, the original owner of SAMS - the man who started it all, Mr. Sam Sniderman sadly passed away this year!! If you never been to his superstore down on Yonge St. in Toronto then you missed the experiance of your life. Sadly it`s no more too, filed for bankruptcy a few years back, dam internet downloading has hurt many of record stores across Canada and the U.S, that`s for sure!! :cry: :x

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 am

I went to FYE to pick up a copy and they had 3 of them, but every one was badly damaged.

Anyone else notice that the set is just like a classic double disc FTD release.

I just wonder if this is a test marketing product to see how they sell.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 am

ekenee wrote:I went to FYE to pick up a copy and they had 3 of them, but every one was badly damaged.

But isn't Prince From Another Planet slightly larger at 8" x 8" ?
The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am

I threw in the towel on buying in person a few years ago when I noticed so many stores
(with record stores all but disappearing) like Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and others
decimating their CD sections, depending on where you live. I still check them out - often to see how (if) they stock Elvis but
I'm much happier ordering from Amazon as well as Pop Market for big label sales on things like "Big Beat"
and ShopElvis for FTDs.

Got a nice price for the CD/DVD and will have it by Friday. It's hard to beat that.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 am

Blue River wrote:
ekenee wrote:I went to FYE to pick up a copy and they had 3 of them, but every one was badly damaged.

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

yeah and FTD's don't include DVD's, so what is your point.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 am

thatsthewayitis wrote:
steve in SC wrote:
thatsthewayitis wrote:i found it at fye for $24.95 and the 2 cds for $17.99

How many copies did they have?

they had 7 of 3 cd/dvd set 4 where damaged and they had about 10 of the 2 cd set

Was the damaged ones caused by employees putting the security device on the box and sqeezing it til
all the sides were smashed in? That is what I witnessed.
If they mangle the product how do they expect to sell it?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 am

ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

I'm just an observer, but it appeared to me that his point was "they are not the same size". Why should that elicit a response such as yours?

Brian

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 am

bpmod wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Blue River wrote:

The FTD's are 7" x 7" .

I'm just an observer, but it appeared to me that his point was "they are not the same size". Why should that elicit a response such as yours?

Brian

Because if you must know, and since you didn't notice, that response was smart-ass.
Why not ask him why he responded with his not the same size response.
The size was not my point, and since you want to bring it up, an inch makes no difference in this case.
It's close enough.
Ok, they aren't the same size, again, that isn't the point, so what was his point. To be smart ass as in previous times.
Instead of noticing the differences, maybe he should have noticed the similarities, which was my point.
I hate to take the time to explain stuff to people when I really shouldn't have to.