Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Will Prince possibly lead to an Aloha release in 2013?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 pm

With the release of Prince from Another Planet, do any of you anticipate a remaster/release of a similar set for the 40th anniversary of Aloha next year? I think it would be a popular release of a historical document. I know some folks here think it's overrated but a remaster of the rehearsal from the '88 release is needed and who knows maybe the "real" show can be made to sound better with today's technology. Don't think a DVD would be warranted since we have the deluxe set already from 2004.

Re: Will Prince possibly lead to an Aloha release in 2013?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

The deluxe set is all I'll ever need.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm

AFH is long overdue for a Legacy/FTD release, which will happen eventually. It has nothing to do PFAP's release or whether or not PFAP does well in sales.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

a 4 disc set with two cds and two dvds
1.Aloha (cd reastered/remixed)with the other songs insterted into the broadcast at the end..
2.alternate aloha (cd rremastered/remixed) out takes from the songs from disc 1
3.Aloha/alternate (dvd with both aloha and alternate)
4.aloha ( dvd unreleased japan footage,the interviews,helicopter hots,tv spots,interviews with the TCB band now etc..)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 am

not something i would be interested in. the deluxe set covers all my AFH needs

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 am

In all honesty, there's not much they can do with Aloha that hasn't already been done. I think we'll get a special 40th anniversary release like with the 1998 remix version. But I think it'll also feature the January 12 concert too in a new mix. It's also possible that they save this for the FTD label and remix the Aloha show only. Or, release the January 12 rehearsal show on its own.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71638&hilit=+ALOHA

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:In all honesty, there's not much they can do with Aloha that hasn't already been done.

BLU-RAY WITH UNCOMPRESSED SOUNDTRACK!!!!!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 pm

I agree with most folks here, AFH is about done the way it is with the deluxe dvd and cd remaster we already have. I would be much more interested in a dvd/cd release of the April '72 Hampton Roads show.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:16 pm

AFH should get only the Legacy release...not FTD

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 pm

I strongly suspect the two Aloha shows will be released into the mass market as part of the Legacy series in 2013.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 am

Is Prince even an Elvis fan?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 am

Alright, now you just stop that right now!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm

As much as i still like certain performances in Aloha When you put it next to The MSG shows it's like night and day. Its like Elvis is asleep. Although. a lot of the songs Elvis picked for the Aloha show did not lend themselves to excitement.

I don't think we need another big release for The Aloha shows.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm

DEH wrote:I don't think we need another big release for The Aloha shows.

it`s coming no matter what, sony and the estate will milk it for all it`s worth, have no doubt :D

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
DEH wrote:I don't think we need another big release for The Aloha shows.

it`s coming no matter what, sony and the estate will milk it for all it`s worth, have no doubt :D

I'm sure they'll toss in a documentary DVD with Jerry Schilling & Joe Guercio babblin on how great the Aloha concerts were.....blah....blah.....blah....

...and if they're really desperate, they'll get Linda Thompson to say a few words on the Aloha concert as well.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 am

Indeed. We have taken Aloha about as far as we can. Time for other projects.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 am

KHoots wrote:Indeed. We have taken Aloha about as far as we can. Time for other projects.

other projects will definately come but so will Aloha, wanna bet?? :lol:

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 am

I expect a standard "Aloha" main label Legacy release at some point. Disc 1: Main Concert.
Disc 2: Rehearsal Show. Perhaps the 'insert' songs will be added to one of the discs.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Regardless of what one thinks of the performance quality of the Aloha shows, in terms of Elvis' career the project was a major event with a capitol E! The album was Elvis' last number 1 during his lifetime, and has been a perennial catalogue seller. The special was well-received by the general public, remains popular and represents Elvis' last high-profile, major media event. Given this, and with the 40th anniversary coming up, Aloha is a natural choice for the mass-market aimed Legacy series.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 pm

KHoots wrote:Indeed. We have taken Aloha about as far as we can. Time for other projects.

Disagreed.

Yes, we've had the definitive DVD release, but not CD.

Personally I feel a deluxe CD release, featuring both concerts and all the outtakes of the post show insert songs remixed and remastered is needed.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:

Disagreed.

Yes, we've had the definitive DVD release, but not CD.

Personally I feel a deluxe CD release, featuring both concerts and all the outtakes of the post show insert songs remixed and remastered is needed.

yes! i want the concerts on cd! don't care for outtakes though

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is Prince even an Elvis fan?

The Purple one works in mysterious way.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

I'd much rather see Hampton Roads, Richmond and Greensboro '72 get official releases first.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi Guys, I personally think that AFH would make an excellent Legacy release and put into a 'Book Style' cover.

It was also be nice to see it accompanied with an in depth book with pictures etc.

Only my opinion, but I also agree that Hampton Roads etc should be remastered and released in a nice presentation pack it would look really cool and also make a very interesting FTD release.