Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Don't know if this has been posted in one of the 60+ pages.
From 1961 Italy .. Torna A Sorriento
3Surrender.jpg


No. It's great. Not seen it here before now. Thank you.

Thank you Tony .... A REAL toughie to aquire, was extemely lucky to find this one.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm

REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Don't know if this has been posted in one of the 60+ pages.
From 1961 Italy .. Torna A Sorriento
3Surrender.jpg


No. It's great. Not seen it here before now. Thank you.

Thank you Tony .... A REAL toughie to aquire, was extemely lucky to find this one.



Got this one?
LA PALOMA ITALY.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 am

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Don't know if this has been posted in one of the 60+ pages.
From 1961 Italy .. Torna A Sorriento
3Surrender.jpg


No. It's great. Not seen it here before now. Thank you.

Thank you Tony .... A REAL toughie to aquire, was extemely lucky to find this one.



Got this one?
LA PALOMA ITALY.jpg

No I don't BTW the Paul Lichter book 'Boy who dared to rock' has a different sleeve.

Seems like I'm missing about 2,395 or so......... LoL

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:04 am

REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Don't know if this has been posted in one of the 60+ pages.
From 1961 Italy .. Torna A Sorriento
3Surrender.jpg


No. It's great. Not seen it here before now. Thank you.

Thank you Tony .... A REAL toughie to aquire, was extemely lucky to find this one.



Got this one?
LA PALOMA ITALY.jpg

No I don't. BTW the Paul Lichter book 'Boy who dared to rock' has a different sleeve.

Seems like I'm missing about 2,395 or so......... LoL


LO. Yes, my pic shows the reverse of the sleeve. Obviously no Elvis, but more unusual.
Here's a couple more from Italy. One is an unusual coupling;
ITALY IT'S NOW.jpg

ITALY I BELIEVE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Don't know if this has been posted in one of the 60+ pages.
From 1961 Italy .. Torna A Sorriento
3Surrender.jpg


No. It's great. Not seen it here before now. Thank you.

Thank you Tony .... A REAL toughie to aquire, was extemely lucky to find this one.



Got this one?
LA PALOMA ITALY.jpg

No I don't. BTW the Paul Lichter book 'Boy who dared to rock' has a different sleeve.

Seems like I'm missing about 2,395 or so......... LoL


LO. Yes, my pic shows the reverse of the sleeve. Obviously no Elvis, but more unusual.
Here's a couple more from Italy. One is an unusual coupling;
ITALY IT'S NOW.jpg

ITALY I BELIEVE.jpg

Sure was interesting what Some RCA pressing plants were allowed? to change on their sleeves and labels .... OR were they? Makes you wonder why we don't see more plants designing their own.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:17 pm

REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Don't know if this has been posted in one of the 60+ pages.
From 1961 Italy .. Torna A Sorriento
3Surrender.jpg


No. It's great. Not seen it here before now. Thank you.

Thank you Tony .... A REAL toughie to aquire, was extemely lucky to find this one.



Got this one?
LA PALOMA ITALY.jpg

No I don't. BTW the Paul Lichter book 'Boy who dared to rock' has a different sleeve.

Seems like I'm missing about 2,395 or so......... LoL


LO. Yes, my pic shows the reverse of the sleeve. Obviously no Elvis, but more unusual.
Here's a couple more from Italy. One is an unusual coupling;
ITALY IT'S NOW.jpg

ITALY I BELIEVE.jpg

Sure was interesting what Some RCA pressing plants were allowed? to change on their sleeves and labels .... OR were they? Makes you wonder why we don't see more plants designing their own.


Yes, 'RCA Italiana' on some of the releases but not all.

This is not a record, but rare all the same; a cassette promo for the gold box set, 1984.
TAPE PROMO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Not from Italy ................ Not even official, but just picked these up on E-Buy. No records....Just sleeves.
Guide1Front.jpg
Guide_2Front2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:48 pm

REBL wrote:Not from Italy ................ Not even official, but just picked these up on E-Buy. No records....Just sleeves.
Guide1Front.jpg
Guide_2Front2.jpg


Somebody has made these sleeves up themselves then?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Not from Italy ................ Not even official, but just picked these up on E-Buy. No records....Just sleeves.
Guide1Front.jpg
Guide_2Front2.jpg


Somebody has made these sleeves up themselves then?

Not sure... they look and feel professionally done on high quality paper stock. The text isn't quite as good as a litho print, but still is beautiful .... Never seen these before in any form. There dosen't appear to be any screening; so it definetly leans toward inkjet or laser. Just glad I stumbled across them.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am

REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:Not from Italy ................ Not even official, but just picked these up on E-Buy. No records....Just sleeves.
Guide1Front.jpg
Guide_2Front2.jpg


Somebody has made these sleeves up themselves then?

Not sure... they look and feel professionally done on high quality paper stock. The text isn't quite as good as a litho print, but still is beautiful .... Never seen these before in any form. There dosen't appear to be any screening; so it definetly leans toward inkjet or laser. Just glad I stumbled across them.


I've just wept as I've seen a 10" "Flaming Star" radio spots record go for over $300 on Ebuy! :( I did bid but it went mad at the end. Never mind. Here are a couple of nice French pic sleeve singles to cheer me up;
FRENCH 1.jpg

FRENCH 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 am

wow it never get old to watch this covers!!!

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm

CHR1S wrote:wow it never get old to watch this covers!!!


Yes. Some of the stuff posted here has been fantastic. It never ceases to amaze me, baby.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Anybody have any more??? I NEED A FIX!!!
DIVIDER.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

a strange bootleg in color variations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm

superka77 wrote:a strange bootleg in color variations


Nice. What country?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:a strange bootleg in color variations


Nice. What country?




US, 1977/78. See BE (Bootleg Elvis book) page 292/293

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

superka77 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:a strange bootleg in color variations


Nice. What country?




US, 1977/78. See BE (Bootleg Elvis book) page 292/293


Mexican 7". Can you guess where the pic of Elvis was used before?!
MEXICO 7.jpg


Portugal single with nice unusual sleeve;
PORTUGAL 7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 am

Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:a strange bootleg in color variations


Nice. What country?




US, 1977/78. See BE (Bootleg Elvis book) page 292/293


Mexican 7". Can you guess where the pic of Elvis was used before?!
MEXICO 7.jpg


Portugal single with nice unusual sleeve;
PORTUGAL 7.jpg

The Burning Love LP.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Mike Eder wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:a strange bootleg in color variations


Nice. What country?




US, 1977/78. See BE (Bootleg Elvis book) page 292/293


Mexican 7". Can you guess where the pic of Elvis was used before?!
MEXICO 7.jpg


Portugal single with nice unusual sleeve;
PORTUGAL 7.jpg

The Burning Love LP.



That's right. They have reversed it here for whatever reason!?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Here is a Very..VERY rare Lp.... a test pressing for the legendary Rocking With Elvis New Years Eve 2 Lp Set..
It is among some vinyl I am preparing to offer for sale. ( I have blurred a phone number on the sleeve- it is NOT blurred on the original item)

NYE retouch lores.jpg



ALSO, A very rare BLACK VINYL pressing of MOODY BLUE (U.S.)
DSC00287 copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Who wrote on the cover and why?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 pm

See here for an explanation of 'Flopped images'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flopped_image

Hope this helps.
Tony.. wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
superka77 wrote:a strange bootleg in color variations


Nice. What country?




US, 1977/78. See BE (Bootleg Elvis book) page 292/293


Mexican 7". Can you guess where the pic of Elvis was used before?!
MEXICO 7.jpg


Portugal single with nice unusual sleeve;
PORTUGAL 7.jpg

The Burning Love LP.



That's right. They have reversed it here for whatever reason!?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 am

Who wrote on the cover and why?

The producer of the set wrote the note to the recipient of the demo disc. It concerned possible upcoming projects.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 pm

2 from South Africa;

SA I WILL BE HOME.jpg

"I will be home again". A side is "Such a night"



SA LONESOME.jpg

Other side is "Your cheating heart".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Some amazing Philippino singles were posted a few pages back, featuring songs such as "Barefoot ballad" and "Anyone". Here's one that I've just acquired. A promo only single;
FORT LAUDERDALE.jpg


The condition isn't brilliant and the label doesn't have much sheen, but nice to have. Does anyone want to guess the B side for a bit of fun? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.