Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Box set "Live From Las Vegas" 4cds

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 am

I bought this when it first came out. I never noticed it until now! The liner notes and song listing inside, I missed the page for cd # 4 for 7 songs! Track # 12 to 17! Anyone of you have the page missing? :(

Re: Box set "Live From Las Vegas" 4cds

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 am

sheila wrote:I bought this when it first came out. I never noticed it until now! The liner notes and song listing inside, I missed the page for cd # 4 for 7 songs! Track # 12 to 17! Anyone of you have the page missing? :(

sheila, I don't think you have a page missing.
Starting where tracks #1 to 11 of disc four are listed, turn two pages over and tracks #12 to 24 are listed on the pages where the photo of the trailer is.

I think that was a mistake on the part of whoever put the photo arrangements together in the booklet, but all the tracks are listed.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 am

sheila wrote:I bought this when it first came out. I never noticed it until now! The liner notes and song listing inside, I missed the page for cd # 4 for 7 songs! Track # 12 to 17! Anyone of you have the page missing? :(

You mean this one, Sheila?
Booklet 26-27.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 am

AW, Bloody Hell! I cannot beileve I missed that one!! I was looking on the bottom of the page!
Now, I'm so embarassed!!! Thanks. :oops:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 am

JimmyCool wrote:

You mean this one, Sheila?
Booklet 26-27.jpg

That's it, JimmyCool. The images on those two pages should've immediately followed where the start of the disc four tracks began.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 am

sheila wrote:I was looking on the bottom of the page!

Nothing to be embarrassed about. The design/artwork/layout is pretty ugly inside that booklet.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 pm

i love this set :D, i really love Just Pretend from December 6 1975 on disc 4

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:i love this set :D, i really love Just Pretend from December 6 1975 on disc 4

Yes just a year before his reptilian transformation.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Blue River wrote:

Nothing to be embarrassed about. The design/artwork/layout is pretty ugly inside that booklet.

I always thought the booklet design was very good, but the actual discs are very ugly and cheap looking.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I always thought the booklet design was very good, but the actual discs are very ugly and cheap looking.

i think the discs looks cool

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:i think the discs looks cool

I think so, too. smt179

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Blue River wrote:

I think so, too. smt179

It's that scenario we have here often where many say "Queenie Wahine's Papaya" is a bad song, but some will always say it's a good song!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I think so, too. smt179

It's that scenario we have here often where many say "Queenie Wahine's Papaya" is a bad song, but some will always say it's a good song!

:lol:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I think so, too. smt179

each to their own...

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks Guys! :lol: I was going through the pages as I was listening to those cds. Great package!
Wonder if it's still can be found or has been long deleted?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

sheila wrote:Thanks Guys! :lol: I was going through the pages as I was listening to those cds. Great package!

I heard the cassette format of the release is quite a collectable. Probably one of the last cassette releases by BMG. Had no idea they were still making cassettes in 2001.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
sheila wrote:Thanks Guys! :lol: I was going through the pages as I was listening to those cds. Great package!

I heard the cassette format of the release is quite a collectable. Probably one of the last cassette releases by BMG. Had no idea they were still making cassettes in 2001.

I have it, but had no clue it was a collectible. Never has been much of a collector's market for cassettes.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

I thought the cassette died in the Early 90's! Wow.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 am

sheila wrote:Wonder if it's still can be found or has been long deleted?

It's been deleted, but there are still good used copies to be found.
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

sheila wrote:I thought the cassette died in the Early 90's! Wow.

I bought the Artist Of The Century (3 cassette set) in 1999
and
Elvis 2nd To None cd & cassette in 2003 (was one of the last cassette issues, if I'm not mistaken).

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 am

This box set was a disappointment to me. It just seemed boring and didn't get me excited like live Elvis does. The crowd sounds very subdue throughout that set. I did like the disc 2 show form August 1970. But the rest was a waste of money imo.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:This box set was a disappointment to me. It just seemed boring and didn't get me excited like live Elvis does. The crowd sounds very subdue throughout that set. I did like the disc 2 show form August 1970. But the rest was a waste of money imo.

The really weak point about this release is the fact most of the live recordings on Disc 4 were audience recorded material...quite unusual for an official release.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 am

TCB-FAN wrote:The really weak point about this release is the fact most of the live recordings on Disc 4 were audience recorded material...quite unusual for an official release.

There are no audience recorded material on CD-4.
Last edited by JimmyCool on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 pm

I bought this set when first released. I found it very disappointing. Boring. Haven't listened to it in years. If I lost it, I wouldn't miss it.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Blue River wrote:
sheila wrote:Wonder if it's still can be found or has been long deleted?

It's been deleted, but there are still good used copies to be found.
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

sheila wrote:I thought the cassette died in the Early 90's! Wow.

I bought the Artist Of The Century (3 cassette set) in 1999
and
Elvis 2nd To None cd & cassette in 2003 (was one of the last cassette issues, if I'm not mistaken).

I bought this set still sealed like 2 years ago for only 20$ :D

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm

I also bought this when it first came out on CD - and it hasn't left my CD player since. I've always loved the tracks on CD4 and I, like most here, LOVE the August, 1970 material on CD2