12%
I like both equally
12%
I don't like either
No votes

Total votes : 17

"Live a little love a little" vs "The Love god?"

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 am

which one do you like the best, Elvis' "LALLAL" or Don Knots "The love god?".both are different directions for the actors,both have adult themes,both have cursing,both have "simulated" nudity,both have a "playboy" type magazine company,both have "sexual innuendos" throughout, both are a little messed up in parts of the film and both are very "arsty". I know as Elvis' fans I suspect you may like LALLAL better,but I'm wondering what the fans think of the both of them..

Re: "Live a little love a little" vs "The Love god?"

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 am

I like both movies the same.

It's obvious that Don Knotts is much sexier than Elvis Presley. :shock:

::rocks

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 am

Mitch wrote:I like both movies the same.

Yes that why there is no comparison.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 am

Hey, and it's a better deal! You can buy it, go and try it, and pay only 5 bucks and 84 cents. ;)

rjm (I voted for the "other guy" - Elvis)

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm

never heard ogf Don Knots

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm

keninlincs wrote:never heard ogf Don Knots

me neither Ken :?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm

joshferrell wrote: both are very "arsty".

Artsy?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:46 pm

debtd1 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:never heard ogf Don Knots

me neither Ken :?

never heard of him either, or seen the movie, the love of god
Last edited by Elvisgirl on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm

joshferrell wrote:which one do you like the best, Elvis' "LALLAL" or Don Knots "The love god?".both are different directions for the actors,both have adult themes,both have cursing,both have "simulated" nudity,both have a "playboy" type magazine company,both have "sexual innuendos" throughout, both are a little messed up in parts of the film and both are very "arsty". I know as Elvis' fans I suspect you may like LALLAL better,but I'm wondering what the fans think of the both of them..

I've never heard of "The love God" and Don Knotts is not known of in the UK. How is he comparable to Elvis?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Don Knotts is much sexier than Elvis ever thought about being.

Especially putting that bullet in ol' Rosco.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 pm

R2-D2 wrote:
joshferrell wrote: both are very "arsty".

Artsy?

compared to their other movies it is..

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Tony.. wrote:
joshferrell wrote:which one do you like the best, Elvis' "LALLAL" or Don Knots "The love god?".both are different directions for the actors,both have adult themes,both have cursing,both have "simulated" nudity,both have a "playboy" type magazine company,both have "sexual innuendos" throughout, both are a little messed up in parts of the film and both are very "arsty". I know as Elvis' fans I suspect you may like LALLAL better,but I'm wondering what the fans think of the both of them..

I've never heard of "The love God" and Don Knotts is not known of in the UK. How is he comparable to Elvis?

wow I figured "the andy griffith show" would be known around the world like "I love Lucy" or something like that.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm

joshferrell wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

wow I figured "the andy griffith show" would be known around the world like "I love Lucy" or something like that.

Do you mean a bit like the Michael Parkinson show or "At last the 1948 show"?! Have you heard of those? The only reason I have heard of Andy Griffith is because I'm an Elvis fan I guess.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Tony.. wrote:
joshferrell wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Do you mean a bit like the Michael Parkinson show or "At last the 1948 show"?! Have you heard of those? The only reason I have heard of Andy Griffith is because I'm an Elvis fan I guess.

i never heard of those shows,I just assumed that Andy Griffith was known world wide like Lucille ball or Jackie Gleason ..but I guess not..

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 pm

here's the movie poster for "The Love god?"

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 pm

joshferrell wrote:Image

You obviously rate this film?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Tony.. wrote:
joshferrell wrote:Image

You obviously rate this film?

It's funny :) I would say it's an equivilant of LALLAL,that's why I posted the two together in the poll..

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Don Knotts was VERY popular on television and starred in several family comedies in the mid-1960's. This film was an odd departure and the "Not Suitable for Children" must have alienated many of the families that had supported his earlier work.

So far as I know, the Elvis films were not geared towards the kiddie market.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Yes, But is it "Arsty"?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 pm

promiseland wrote:
Mitch wrote:I like both movies the same.

Yes that why there is no comparison.

C'mon promiseland,

Wouldn't you like a chance at Barney.....er....Don Knotts? :)

They made a movie about him being a "Love God"!

If you were a woman you know you would throw your panties up on stage!! :lol:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 am

Neither are particularly memorable and both are quite flimsy vehicles, in my opinion, but they did offer a departure, of sorts, for Knotts and Elvis. Knotts, as a Hugh Hefner type, and Elvis, within a contemporary screwball comedy that keeps the musical numbers to only four. The Love Guru? is, very much, a one joke affair, and is among the least of writer/director Nat Hiken's work. Hiken, of course, wrote for the Phil Silvers Show, creating the Sgt. Bilko character. If you like Don Knotts, however, there's plenty of what he does well to enjoy here. Knotts, after all, is The Love God's? primary asset, as is Elvis in Live a Little, Love a Little. Here, looking terrific on screen, and proving comfortable in his role as a magazine photographer pursued by Michelle Carey's Bernice. Nice location shooting and Rudy Vallee in a small, comical, role also helps. As does some good musical numbers that aren't given the benefit of particularly good staging, but are well sung and welcome in comparison to much of what had recently been heard in Elvis's movies. A Little Less Conversation comes off worst of all here, with Almost in Love finding an adequate enough setting, and Edge of Reality finding, at least, some creativity. Wonderful World is quite joyous over the titles, though. Of the two films, I prefer Live a Little, Love a Little, but neither are favourites of mine.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

greystoke wrote:Neither are particularly memorable and both are quite flimsy vehicles, in my opinion, but they did offer a departure, of sorts, for Knotts and Elvis. Knotts, as a Hugh Hefner type, and Elvis, within a contemporary screwball comedy that keeps the musical numbers to only four. The Love Guru? is, very much, a one joke affair, and is among the least of writer/director Nat Hiken's work. Hiken, of course, wrote for the Phil Silvers Show, creating the Sgt. Bilko character. If you like Don Knotts, however, there's plenty of what he does well to enjoy here. Knotts, after all, is The Love God's? primary asset, as is Elvis in Live a Little, Love a Little. Here, looking terrific on screen, and proving comfortable in his role as a magazine photographer pursued by Michelle Carey's Bernice. Nice location shooting and Rudy Vallee in a small, comical, role also helps. As does some good musical numbers that aren't given the benefit of particularly good staging, but are well sung and welcome in comparison to much of what had recently been heard in Elvis's movies. A Little Less Conversation comes off worst of all here, with Almost in Love finding an adequate enough setting, and Edge of Reality finding, at least, some creativity. Wonderful World is quite joyous over the titles, though. Of the two films, I prefer Live a Little, Love a Little, but neither are favourites of mine.

There! A British person who knows who Don Knotts is!

I thought Mayberry was kind of a . . . world city. In its own way.

Well, for those of you who don't didn't watch Ronnie Howard grow up, on endless re-runs, here ya go! Mayberry. What a place!

This is apparently from the actual first episode!

phpBB [video]

Then, a little later, opening and closing credits:

phpBB [video]

I watched this from the time I can remember, and when I lived in Georgia, EVERYBODY watched it, every day. And discussed the episodes, every day! Seriously. So maybe you can understand how we can't quite take it in that there are people who don't know it. It was . . . our world. (Our fantasy world, I guess. It is Oprah Winfrey's favorite TV show! Yup.)

rjm

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:03 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Yes, But is it "Arsty"?

I would say for them it is..Compared to their other movies,,

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh, one is clearly superior to the other!

phpBB [video]

The Love God? (1969) Widescreen Trailer - Don Knotts!!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

joshferrell wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:Yes, But is it "Arsty"?

I would say for them it is..Compared to their other movies,,

I give up!!