Off Topic Messages

Re: Election Predictions

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 am

intheghetto wrote:
------------
Check this out . . .
----------------
phpBB [video]

Class D felony? I remember when threats to the President, even somewhat vague threats, got people immediately hauled off! And she's just walking around, all fancy-free, saying a murder wouldn't bother her one bit. I have seen people, on Facebook, sort of dance around what they were thinking (saying it just wasn't tolerable), but she came right out and said it, to an audience of Facebook's billion users. What's to "investigate" exactly?

In some states a Class D Felony is the lowest felony class, while in New York it is the second lowest felony class, having harsher penalties than the Class E felony, but not as harsh as the Class C felony. Examples of Class D felony offenses include, falsely reporting and incident, prohibited use of a weapon, placing a false bomb in the first degree, unlawful surveillance, promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child, promoting a sexual performance by a child, criminal possession of weapon, criminal sale of a weapon in the third degree, criminal sale of a firearm with the aid of a minor, and manufacture, transport, disposition and defacement of weapons and dangerous instruments and appliances.

Well, at any rate, this is pretty clear: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/871 So why is she walking around?

(At least there was the poetic justice of the television report airing on a Fox station, after which the ice cream company she worked for, fired her. They do not have to keep on employees who publically bespoil their company image, as they have their own free speech rights. She can truly say, now, that she's NOT better off than she was 4 years ago!)

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's pretty clear to all concerned that the conservative party is becoming irrelevant in the America of 2012 ...
Those who espouse the right-wing party line will need to seriously re-think who they are, and what they represent, if they are to attract new voters.

Classless on your part.

In the America of 2016 - ?? Only time and political personalities will tell...

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:17 am

intheghetto wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:This thread clearly reveals the alternate universe many Republicans live in. They listen to FOX NEWS and drink the cool aide they serve up -- listening to and worse yet believing the likes of Bill O'Riley, Glen Beck and Sean Hannity. This is NOT American today and most certainly not the America of tomorrow.

MT

Case in point...

phpBB [video]

Case in point?!

intheghetto, it's obvious that you don't watch the FoxNews channel because nobody on there condones what this woman is talking about.

Shame on you for posting such nonsense.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:30 am

Blue River wrote:------------
Though this is an extreme example of political ire gone haywire, check this out . . .
------------------
phpBB [video]

intheghetto, it's obvious that you don't watch the FoxNews channel because nobody on there condones what this woman is talking about.

A FOX television station report! That's what was posted! No one said they condoned it. Because they aired it, she's in MORE trouble.

rjm (BTW, Blue, you requoted the part of the quote that I snipped! Talk about altering facts! My quote had nothing in it about Fox, or any of their employees, or anything in the other quote, except "case in point," which I have modified)
Last edited by rjm on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 am

rjm wrote:A FOX television station report! That's what was posted! No one said they condoned it.

You are aware that a Fox tv station affiliate is not the same as the national FoxNews network, aren't you?

And it doesn't matter who aired it... intheghetto was insinuating that this is the way that O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews viewers think!

Par for the course.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

But I did not insinuate it! If that's the way you want it, fine. Some people can't let things go.

The whole point is that we have to reunite and get on with the business of the country, but I'm starting to feel like that's gonna be a rough road. Because apparently people do not WANT to get on with things, and work together for the country we love.

If millions of people want to be bitter, to stay bitter, and hurt themselves in their bitterness, and not even want to communicate with people who have a different view, well . . .

rjm

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 am

rjm wrote:...Some people can't let things go.
Oh, you mean like drjohncarpenter's, MysteryTrain's, and intheghetto's posts on this very thread... starting on page 1.
...Because apparently people do not WANT to get on with things, and work together for the country we love.

If millions of people want to be bitter, to stay bitter, and hurt themselves in their bitterness, and not even want to communicate with people who have a different view, well . . .
Once again, you must be referring to the likes of drjohncarpenter, MysteryTrain, intheghetto, and yourself! Oh well . . .

Birds of feather flock together.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 am

Blue River wrote:
rjm wrote:...Some people can't let things go.
Oh, you mean like drjohncarpenter's, MysteryTrain's, and intheghetto's posts on this very thread... starting on page 1.
...Because apparently people do not WANT to get on with things, and work together for the country we love.

Once again, you must be referring to the likes of drjohncarpenter, MysteryTrain, intheghetto, and yourself! Oh well . . .

Birds of feather flock together.

Don't play the victim here; YOU don't want to communicate. I get it, okay? The woman is a nut, and does not represent the average FOX viewer, such as yourself. (Although the people on-air should always be aware that there are nutty people out there, like that woman, and maybe should take the responsibility to cool 'em out. There is a difference between the viewers and the people on-air, who have special responsibilities.)

One side lost. And so one side is angry. It's okay to be angry, because many people feel the country will go to heck in a handbasket if their guy lost. It's really not productive to lash out. I already said I knew that the average conservative did NOT condone that sort of thing, and that there's no evidence that they condone it, on-air, either.

So, exactly what are you p**ed at me about? That I was disturbed at this woman? I mean, I edited my posts to show that it didn't involve anyone but a nut who seeks vengeance. That disturbs me, and should disturb anyone. And why take this crazy woman's actions personally, anyway? If you don't condone it, and feel certain that the news channel you favor does not condone it, and no one you know condones it, then just say that it you didn't think it fair to be lumped in with a crazy woman.

But you didn't say that. You got angry. At EVERYBODY! And I posted only only what this woman did, because there is danger about the land, and I don't think that should be kept under covers. I'm glad it went viral. And I'm glad the virality extended here as well, even if it was taken the wrong way. I can't speak for anyone else, but if you feel that I lumped you in with the crazy woman, I'm sorry for that.

Are you sorry for misunderstanding me? Or for lashing out at me, when I did nothing wrong, but just try to cool things out? Without sweeping this incident under the rug. It's a major thing, for something like that to happen, on Facebook. And guess what? Facebook cancelled her account, so they agree.

No one is saying you "condone" this, least of all, me.

But, "whatever"!

rjm

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Blue River wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:This thread clearly reveals the alternate universe many Republicans live in. They listen to FOX NEWS and drink the cool aide they serve up -- listening to and worse yet believing the likes of Bill O'Riley, Glen Beck and Sean Hannity. This is NOT American today and most certainly not the America of tomorrow.

MT

Case in point...

phpBB [video]

Case in point?!

Shame one me, eh? How about shame on you for not commenting on what this woman said. Instead you're defending Fox News! Which by the way, are you kidding? I love watching Fox, it's incredibly entertaining. The election night coverage was classic. People want 'things' and 'stuff'. The eloquence!!

I know it's only been a week now, but you'll get over it.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:20 pm

intheghetto, just get back to your protesting...

phpBB [video]

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

rjm wrote:On side lost. And so one side is angry.

I don't see anything "angry" about my initial response to drjohn's pot-stirring post from page 1 -

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's pretty clear to all concerned that the conservative party is becoming irrelevant in the America of 2012...
Those who espouse the right-wing party line will need to seriously re-think who they are, and what they represent, if they are to attract new voters.

Yeah, whatever. This is what's "pretty clear to all concerned" -

Since the passing of Franklin D. Roosevelt the Presidential election results have gone in cycles and history tells us it will probably continue to do so.

1948 - Democrat
1952 - Republican
1956 - Republican
1960 - Democrat
1964 - Democrat
1968 - Republican
1972 - Republican
1976 - Democrat
1980 - Republican
1984 - Republican
1988 - Republican
After George H. W. Bush was elected in '88, I remember all the chatter on the political talk shows (radio & tv) questioning what was wrong with the Democratic Party and how they've lost touch with the American people and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... and then along came Bill Clinton to win two consecutive terms.
1992 - Democrat
1996 - Democrat
2000 - Republican
2004 - Republican
2008 - Democrat
2012 - Democrat
2016 - ?? Only time and personalities will tell (political personalities)...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

rjm wrote:Don't play the victim here;

I haven't played the victim about anything here or in the past. That's why I've never run to the moderators, like a little wet pup, concerning any topic (unlike a handful of insecure individuals on this forum that hate and despise opposing views).

::rocks
p.s. - I sure am looking forward to getting Prince From Another Planet in the mail today!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 pm

intheghetto wrote:I love watching Fox, it's incredibly entertaining. The election night coverage was classic. People want 'things' and 'stuff'. The eloquence!!

Watching FOX covering Boston on election night was pure schadenfreude.

intheghetto wrote:I know it's only been a week now, but you'll get over it.

One is reminded of a crude retort in late 2000, something along the lines of "sore loserman." ;-)

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am

Blue River wrote:intheghetto, just get back to your protesting...

phpBB [video]

Sure, and you can go back to your delusional rants and uninformed whining.

Oh...it looks like you've already started. Don't worry four more years to go, or maybe even eight or twelve. Start markin the days off now buddy!

BTW, you've already repeated your statistic of 'ever since FDR, blah, blah, blah'. Running out of things to say again are we?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
intheghetto wrote:I love watching Fox, it's incredibly entertaining. The election night coverage was classic. People want 'things' and 'stuff'. The eloquence!!

Watching FOX covering Boston on election night was pure schadenfreude.

Jon Stewart's recap of Fox election coverage was one for the vaults. In his words it will 'live forever'.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-n ... ove-s-math

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am

intheghetto wrote:
Blue River wrote:intheghetto, just get back to your protesting...

phpBB [video]

Was that pink lemonade you were drinking in the YouTube video, intheghetto,
or was that some of your "Lord & Saviour Obama" kool-aid?