Off Topic Messages

Re: Fatty Arbuckle & Shemp Howard VITAPHONE shorts released!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 am

Hey, rjm, they misspelled Graucho's name. He deserved better. :smt023

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:07 am

Blue River wrote:Hey, rjm, they misspelled Graucho's name. He deserved better. :smt023

Well, go over to J. Edgar's grave, and tell him off! (If I could, I mean, if I was a guy, I might have other fantasies regarding Hoover's grave . . . but "it would be wrong," as a "great philosopher" once said! LOL!)

rjm
P.S. -- Seems it's a family plot, so I wouldn't.

HooversGrave.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:22 pm

rjm wrote:
Blue River wrote:Hey, rjm, they misspelled Graucho's name. He deserved better. :smt023

Well, go over to J. Edgar's grave, and tell him off! (If I could, I mean, if I was a guy, I might have other fantasies regarding Hoover's grave . . . but "it would be wrong,"...

smt196 :?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 am

Sorry for any offense. He was a VERY bad man. More later. Just a fantasy, I said, anyway.

rjm

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 am

rjm wrote:Sorry for any offense. He was a VERY bad man. More later. Just a fantasy, I said, anyway.

rjm

I'm worried about you having fantasies about bad men!!!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 am

poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:Sorry for any offense. He was a VERY bad man. More later. Just a fantasy, I said, anyway.

rjm

:smt003 Yeah, he was SUCH a hottie!

(Seriously, one could, I suppose, argue for "understanding." That the social world he lived in so terrorized him and his own secret, that one could understand (excuse?) his penchant for tormenting others with brutal, unrelenting extortion. Actually to the point of extorting one victim so as to assist him in extorting and terrorizing another . . . But I wouldn't buy that argument: there are no excuses.)

rjm (now, back to comedy! :D )

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 am

:roll: Whatever.

Grave fantasies?... Geeezz!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Blue River wrote::roll: Whatever.

Grave fantasies?... Geeezz!

Necrophillia??? :lol:

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm

rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

rjm

(Seriously, one could, I suppose, argue for "understanding." That the social world he lived in so terrorized him and his own secret, that one could understand (excuse?) his penchant for tormenting others with brutal, unrelenting extortion. Actually to the point of extorting one victim so as to assist him in extorting and terrorizing another . . . But I wouldn't buy that argument: there are no excuses.)

It's wonderful how Hollywood insists in casting good looking people to play not-so-good looking real life people. Leonardo di Caprio as Hoover is a case in point. Another good example is heartthrob Chris Evans (the actor not the DJ) in the film Puncture, starring as the less than photogenic real life lawyer Mike Weiss.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:55 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

rjm

It's wonderful how Hollywood insists in casting good looking people to play not-so-good looking real life people. Leonardo di Caprio as Hoover is a case in point. Another good example is heartthrob Chris Evans (the actor not the DJ) in the film Puncture, starring as the less than photogenic real life lawyer Mike Weiss.

and they do the opposite for good looking people by having ugly people play them..lol..

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 am

joshferrell wrote:... ugly people...

Speaking of such - http://www.stoogeworld.com/_Main%20Page ... bit_06.htm

Shemp Howard was once named "The Ugliest Man in Hollywood" - by his own agent!
He concocted the scheme as a means of getting Shemp's name into the limelight. Suprisingly, there seemed to be no other contestants willing to enter the contest.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 am

joshferrell wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

rjm

and they do the opposite for good looking people by having ugly people play them..lol..

I know one case of that! Can you believe the guy they picked for this? (The movie of 'cilla's book.)

rjm (Blue, nice end-around back to the topic! :smt023 Shemp sure was ugly! LOL!)

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 pm

rjm wrote:
joshferrell wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

rjm

I know one case of that! Can you believe the guy they picked for this? (The movie of 'cilla's book.)

rjm (Blue, nice end-around back to the topic! :smt023 Shemp sure was ugly! LOL!)

lol...