Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis --> At Fort Hood, May 1958 !

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:Man, you got a punch like Mike Tyson! ;)

If I came off that way to you, please accept my apology. I only meant to be succinct.

You are a class act on FECC.

Thanks so much, Doc. And I was only teasing! No need to apologize.

(It was a compliment, btw. You're tough, but one can count on you. That's important. I have notebooks full of handwritten brainstorming that I was working into a serious project on roots music when I found this place. And now it's all kindling, mostly, because the facts are at least 75% wrong! So I do appreciate everything. Don't stop.)

:smt006 8)

rjm
(That night in January '11 {and I see it was after 2 AM}, I was looking for whatever I could find on Joe Hill Louis, and there I was, in your "Tiger Man" thread. And everything changed . . . everything. Like in my fave episode of Star Trek, when Data finds that "this is where I belong," I found where I belong. :smt049 )

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:18 am

rjm wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:Man, you got a punch like Mike Tyson! ;)

If I came off that way to you, please accept my apology. I only meant to be succinct.

You are a class act on FECC.

Thanks so much, Doc. And I was only teasing! No need to apologize.

(It was a compliment, btw. You're tough, but one can count on you. That's important. I have notebooks full of handwritten brainstorming that I was working into a serious project on roots music when I found this place. And now it's all kindling, mostly, because the facts are at least 75% wrong! So I do appreciate everything. Don't stop.)

:smt006 8)

rjm
(That night in January '11 {and I see it was after 2 AM}, I was looking for whatever I could find on Joe Hill Louis, and there I was, in your "Tiger Man" thread. And everything changed . . . everything. Like in my fave episode of Star Trek, when Data finds that "this is where I belong," I found where I belong. :smt049 )

Live long and prosper.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Curio cabinet photo...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:01 am

A1elvisfan wrote:Curio cabinet photo...

Did you win the eBay auction for this? It's the exact same copy!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:16 am

Hi Dr. John Carpenter, No, a friend of mine won it and it is the same one from the heritage auction. I just took the photo and thought it wold be cool to share.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:51 am

A1elvisfan wrote:Hi Dr. John Carpenter, No, a friend of mine won it and it is the same one from the heritage auction. I just took the photo and thought it wold be cool to share.

Very cool, thank you.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:21 am

There appears to be a better less damaged copy of this photo about midway down this page. Note the lack of damage on the lower right corner of the image. Here is the link
http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/elv ... fGEvz.dpbs

Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:47 am

Tim C wrote:There appears to be a better less damaged copy of this photo about midway down this page. Note the lack of damage on the lower right corner of the image. Here is the link
http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/elv ... _1960.html

It's just a repaired and cropped version of the one being discussed here. That place usually steals its images from other sites on the internet, then repurposes and posts them on their pages with a copyright warning. They are a must to avoid.