Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 pm

TCK_KING wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:don't care much for this..


yeah......big yawn as I think everything is taken from other releases....officilal and boots.


Yes, another pointless, daft cash in for mugs only. And what has "Lady Madonna" got to do with the Xmas theme?!

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Tony.. wrote:
TCK_KING wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:And what has "Lady Madonna" got to do with the Xmas theme?!

same as fools rush in and i've got confidence

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Tony.. wrote: And what has "Lady Madonna" got to do with the Xmas theme?!


You don't know that????? :shock: :shock:

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
Tony.. wrote: And what has "Lady Madonna" got to do with the Xmas theme?!


You don't know that????? :shock: :shock:


It's not a Christmas song as such, is it. And "Fools rush in" is probably what the compilers of this crap hope will happen when the few 'completists' (ie, people who waste money on pointless and unplayable releases) spend their money on it!!

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
Tony.. wrote: And what has "Lady Madonna" got to do with the Xmas theme?!


You don't know that????? :shock: :shock:


It's not a Christmas song as such, is it. And "Fools rush in" is probably what the compilers of this crap hope will happen when the few 'completists' (ie, people who waste money on pointless and unplayable releases) spend their money on it!!


My thoughts exactly....don`t support such plain C-R-A-P... they should produce
Beatles boots.. perhaps they have more clue there..

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:46 am

Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:47 am

Tony.. wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
Tony.. wrote: And what has "Lady Madonna" got to do with the Xmas theme?!


You don't know that????? :shock: :shock:


It's not a Christmas song as such, is it. And "Fools rush in" is probably what the compilers of this crap hope will happen when the few 'completists' (ie, people who waste money on pointless and unplayable releases) spend their money on it!!



duh !!!!

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:59 am

Sun Hero wrote:Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:


Seeing it from this point..go out and get it !!... :lol:

What`s ABFT..btw..?

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Sun Hero wrote:Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:


You must have about 300 CD's that you never even look at, let alone play. You are the very person that these things are aimed at. Unless you have won the lottery and just buy anything that has Elvis' name or face on it, you'd be better off spending / investing in a test pressing or demo or something like that.

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:


You must have about 300 CD's that you never even look at, let alone play. You are the very person that these things are aimed at. Unless you have won the lottery and just buy anything that has Elvis' name or face on it, you'd be better off spending / investing in a test pressing or demo or something like that.


Yeah Tony....for the first part you're right....at least a few hundred cd's that are on the shelves that never have been played and never will....like I said...just to have them !!! No value or whatsoever.
And no....I never won the lottery....wife, family and bills comes first....what's left will be spend on Elvis. I'm fortunate enough to have two good paying jobs !!!
And third, I'm not really into test pressings / demo's....tried it before but burned myself a couple of times. Went to auctions but prices went up way too much. This is not what I call investing. You will never get the money back that you invested. Remember that the Elvis generation that spends alot on Elvis is dying out.....you and I spend alot....but not our kids . The next generation is not interested in the Elvis Legacy anymore. The Elvis ducks might sell okay....but the Follow That dream label will never survive the general public.
But besides all these $1.99 cheap compilations, yeah...I keep collecting the original records, promo's , white labels, bootlegs, original merchandise from the 50's, 60's and 70's etc etc... :).

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:


Seeing it from this point..go out and get it !!... :lol:

What`s ABFT..btw..?


Come on now Cisco....you know better !!!!!
ABFT >>>> A Boy From Tupelo !!!!! :wink:

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Shame on me... :oops: ...

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Shame on me... :oops: ...


LOL...........

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:


You must have about 300 CD's that you never even look at, let alone play. You are the very person that these things are aimed at. Unless you have won the lottery and just buy anything that has Elvis' name or face on it, you'd be better off spending / investing in a test pressing or demo or something like that.


Yeah Tony....for the first part you're right....at least a few hundred cd's that are on the shelves that never have been played and never will....like I said...just to have them !!! No value or whatsoever.
And no....I never won the lottery....wife, family and bills comes first....what's left will be spend on Elvis. I'm fortunate enough to have two good paying jobs !!!
And third, I'm not really into test pressings / demo's....tried it before but burned myself a couple of times. Went to auctions but prices went up way too much. This is not what I call investing. You will never get the money back that you invested. Remember that the Elvis generation that spends alot on Elvis is dying out.....you and I spend alot....but not our kids . The next generation is not interested in the Elvis Legacy anymore. The Elvis ducks might sell okay....but the Follow That dream label will never survive the general public.
But besides all these $1.99 cheap compilations, yeah...I keep collecting the original records, promo's , white labels, bootlegs, original merchandise from the 50's, 60's and 70's etc etc... :).


Well said. I didn't mean to sound critical. I am just rankled by some of the 'public domain' cd rip offs and compilations such as this. It seems too much is never enough for us fans / collectors.

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Calm down both of you......I know it's crap.......but I'm going to waste my money on this anyway.....just to have it.
Looks nice on my shelf next to all my other cheap, pointless x-mas cd's lately.....which by the way stands next to all the 114 FTD releases.....which are supported by ABFT.....
Next shelf holds a zillion $1.99 Hayride releases...... ( I had to move all the Venus releases, Touchdown releases etc to the next shelf....) :wink: :wink:


You must have about 300 CD's that you never even look at, let alone play. You are the very person that these things are aimed at. Unless you have won the lottery and just buy anything that has Elvis' name or face on it, you'd be better off spending / investing in a test pressing or demo or something like that.


Yeah Tony....for the first part you're right....at least a few hundred cd's that are on the shelves that never have been played and never will....like I said...just to have them !!! No value or whatsoever.
And no....I never won the lottery....wife, family and bills comes first....what's left will be spend on Elvis. I'm fortunate enough to have two good paying jobs !!!
And third, I'm not really into test pressings / demo's....tried it before but burned myself a couple of times. Went to auctions but prices went up way too much. This is not what I call investing. You will never get the money back that you invested. Remember that the Elvis generation that spends alot on Elvis is dying out.....you and I spend alot....but not our kids . The next generation is not interested in the Elvis Legacy anymore. The Elvis ducks might sell okay....but the Follow That dream label will never survive the general public.
But besides all these $1.99 cheap compilations, yeah...I keep collecting the original records, promo's , white labels, bootlegs, original merchandise from the 50's, 60's and 70's etc etc... :).


Well said. I didn't mean to sound critical. I am just rankled by some of the 'public domain' cd rip offs and compilations such as this. It seems too much is never enough for us fans / collectors.



No problem... :)
I know....those releases can be horrible....but sometimes those covers can be beautiful.
let's call it "my guilty pleasure".....

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Sun Hero wrote:I know....those releases can be horrible....but sometimes those covers can be beautiful.

This clearly isn't the case here tho'... :|

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 am

JimmyCool wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:I know....those releases can be horrible....but sometimes those covers can be beautiful.

This clearly isn't the case here tho'... :|



correct.....that's why it will be filed next to all the "el cheapo cd's with beautiful covers" :wink:

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 am

Here's a review of this CD:

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/g ... ds-gr-813/

Elvis Presley – The Wonderful World Of Elvis (Godfather Records GR 813)

3 December 2012, gsparaco @ 7:02 pm

The Wonderful World Of Elvis (Godfather Records GR 813)

(70:10): Holly Leaves And Christmas Trees (alternate take 8 ), Miracle Of The Rosary (alternate take 1), Winter Wonderland (undubbed master), On A Snowy Christmas Night (extended mix), Here Comes Santa Claus (acetate recording), White Christmas (remix), Lady Madonna (informal recording), Merry Christmas Baby (unedited/undubbed master take 1), I’ll Be Home On Christmas Day (alternate take 9), The Wonderful World Of Christmas (unedited complete master), O Come All Ye Faithful (alternate take 2), It Won’t Seem Like Christmas (Without You) (undubbed alternate take 6), The First Noel (remixed version), Silver Bells (alternate take 1), Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem (acetate recording with echo), Santa Claus Is Back In Town (remix), I’ve Got Confidence (alternate take 1), If I Get Home On Christmas Day (extended mix), The Wonderful World Of Christmas (extended mix), I’ll Be Home On Christmas Day (country version), If Everyday Was Like Christmas (alternate take 2), I’ll Be Home For Christmas (acetate recording with echo), Fools Rush In (unedited/undubbed master take 24), Listen To The Bells (informal recording), Johnny B Goode/O Holy Night (informal recording), The Wonderful World Of Christmas (vocal overdub)

Elvis Presley had a profound yet pure faith in Christ and his religious convictions were sincere. He wore a cross, a star of David, and the Hebrew letter chi. He explained his jewelry choice, saying: “I don’t want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality.” Peter Guralnick writes in Last Train to Memphis: The Rise of Elvis Presley (Little, Brown; 1994) that he began singing at a very young age in the Assembly Of God church in Tupelo, Mississippi.

During his career he recorded many hymns, spiritual songs and carols which rank among his best selling music. According the liner notes that accompany this release, “Elvis’ Christmas albums are some of the best selling of all the festive releases from the firmament of rock equaled only by Phil Spector’s legendary production for the same genre. It has to be said though that Elvis paved the way in testing out the genre for it’s eventual success and the fact that we see most artists dip their toe in the water and give it a try.

“As a man of occasional faith and gospel, Presley would not have been more pleased to have lent his name to this endeavor, in fact he took to it with gusto and it was this power that put most radio stations and regular citizens in a flap on the arrival of his first festive album – At this early stage Elvis was still the enemy of the norm . The mixture of golden Christmas standards, gospel tracks and newer Leiber & Stoller songs perfectly represented the full Elvis experience a situation that left some traditionalists aghast.”

The notes continue with detailed information about the recording sessions. Suffice it to say that they span the length of his career and are all in excellent sound quality. The breadth of his recordings are also commendable, ranging from traditional Christmas carols to a recording of the “Ave Maria” to “secular” Christmas songs. He even makes an attempt at The Beatles’ “Lady Madonna.”

The beauty and purity of Elvis’ voice lends deep conviction to the numbers. The Wonderful World Of Elvis is another great Elvis production on the Godfather appropriate for the coming holidays.

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 am

elvis4life wrote:
The Wonderful World Of Elvis is another great Elvis production on the Godfather appropriate for the coming holidays.


They might be right if they aree not rerferring to Elvis products. Otherwise Godfather is just recycling
well known material from various sources including Sony/FTD. Zero new.

Re: The Wonderful World Of Elvis -- New Xmas Release

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 am

That's not a review at all.

It's a puff piece written by Godfather Records