Off Topic Messages

Good Luck to President Barack H. Obama!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 pm

121107_SF Chronicle_A1.JPG

President Obama won reelection last night over his challenger, taking both the popular vote and the electoral college count. For those who feel he is the best man for the job, it is a bright day indeed.

121107_President Obama Acceptance Speech.jpg

I just want to take one moment and wish him all the best in his next four years as President of the United States, as I hope we all do.

No one wins unless everyone wins, as a great man once said.

And may God bless America, and all her friends!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Good Luck to President Barack H. Obama!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 pm

The best man won.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 am

Bodie wrote:The best man won.

Well, about 60 million voters agree with you, and 57 million do not.

2012 election results_AP.JPG

But now's the time to get it together, on both sides. America must continue to move forward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
121107_SF Chronicle_A1.JPG

President Obama won reelection last night over his challenger, taking both the popular vote and the electoral college count. For those who feel he is the best man for the job, it is a bright day indeed.

121107_President Obama Acceptance Speech.jpg

I just want to take one moment and wish him all the best in his next four years as President of the United States, as I hope we all do.

No one wins unless everyone wins, as a great man once said.

And may God bless America, and all her friends!

+ 1

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:24 am

One would hope that the American economy (thus world) is NOT depending on luck.
I

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:47 am

No, not "luck"; we'll make our own luck, if we all work together!

rjm (Thanks, Doc, for the newspaper front page, now I have several, including our own down here :D )

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:38 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Bodie wrote:The best man won.

Well, about 60 million voters agree with you, and 57 million do not.

2012 election results_AP.JPG

But now's the time to get it together, on both sides. America must continue to move forward.

60 million voters can't be wrong.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm

With more Democrats in the Senate now, maybe The President can finally finish cleaning up the rest of the Bush mess without all the Vetoes hes been plagued with by the past Republicans.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 am

Yeah, everything will be OK now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -new-taxes

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 pm

chris wrote:Yeah, everything will be OK now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -new-taxes

Please don't post any more links from that deceased, right-wing maniac's website, OK?

This is meant to be a positive topic, for all readers. Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Breitbart

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:No one wins unless everyone wins, as a great man once said.

If you are think of Springsteen, the correct quote is "Remember in the end, nobody wins, unless everybody wins."

After all, I know how much you value factual accuracy.

Chris

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:26 am

ChrisM wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No one wins unless everyone wins, as a great man once said.

If you are think of Springsteen, the correct quote is "Remember in the end, nobody wins, unless everybody wins."

After all, I know how much you value factual accuracy.

Chris

Too bad you do not seem to value my appreciation of the English language.

To be accurate, my comment is a paraphrase, not a quote. A big clue is the sentence itself, which does not incorporate quotation marks.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paraphrase

If you have anything positive to add to the topic, let 'er rip. ;-)

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Can't figure out if "Mr. Bonelli" has the most transparently padded resume I've ever seen, or can't seem to write a succinct cover letter. He is really trying much too hard. (giggle)

Look, the guy is writing for an outfit that in no way, shape or form resembles journalism, and that windy self-promotion demonstrates that he knows it.

His "B.S." degree? He came by it honest.

rjm

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:To be accurate, my comment is a paraphrase, not a quote. A big clue is the sentence itself, which does not incorporate quotation marks.

I always find it amusing to see you squirm instead of admitting you made a mistake. Thanks for the smile.

Chris

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:11 am

A rather nice story regarding Mr Obama:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/11/our-differences-unite-us.html?m=1

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:38 am

poormadpeter wrote:A rather nice story regarding Mr Obama:

Shame that a 10 year olds mind who just barely knows right from wrong could be that corrupted already by being raised in such a setting.
Sodom and Gomorrah seems to be the direction that it's all heading once again.
Such a shame... :(

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

promiseland wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:A rather nice story regarding Mr Obama:

Shame that a 10 year olds mind who just barely knows right from wrong could be that corrupted already by being raised in such a setting.
Sodom and Gomorrah seems to be the direction that it's all heading once again.
Such a shame... :(

Yes, so much worse being raised by gay parents who clearly love and adore their children or they wouldn't haven't gone through the extreme measures to have a child in the first place. Much better to be born into many of the "traditional" households who don't seem to give a sh*t about their kids.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

"Thank God Obama WON!!!!!" Is it too soon to look to 2016 when we'll likely elect our first woman president?

MT

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:08 am

Congratulations, America.
Mind you it should have been an easy choice, what with the astonishing array of idiots on the republican ticket. Good grief.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 am

The fact that Mitt Romney would never -- could never -- write such a sensitive and thoughtful note is just another little reminder why our still-improving nation needs a leader as sharp and strong as Mr. Obama to help guide us.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 am

ChrisM wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:To be accurate, my comment is a paraphrase, not a quote. A big clue is the sentence itself, which does not incorporate quotation marks.

I always find it amusing to see you squirm instead of admitting you made a mistake. Thanks for the smile.

Chris

Grow up.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Grow up.

Are you misquoting Springsteen again? If so, that should be "Growin' Up".

Chris

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 am

MysteryTrain wrote:"Thank God Obama WON!!!!!" Is it too soon to look to 2016 when we'll likely elect our first woman president?

MT

Probably. But the idea is intriguing.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 am

Doc,

I think the prospects are good that in 2016 the U.S.A. will elect a woman president. Even if Hillary doesn't run there are other bright prospects, including excellent senators from New York and Minnesota.

I read an interesting article describing a meeting Ed Gillespie had with hispanics earlier this year. Ed Gillespie is a Republican operative and he warned that by 2020, only 8 years from now, if the Republican Party does not do better than John McCain did among blacks, hispanics and Asians the Democratic candidate will win by 16 plus percentage points. I don't say this with joy because America needs a good two party system. The problem is all I've heard and read this past week is that the Republicans are doubling down on the right wing agenda. The fact is there are few moderates left in the Republican Party to guide it back to the middle so the prospects for that party do not look good.

One thing that can cause a Republican comeback is for Democrats to fail and fail miserably. It is true that there have been predictable swings from Democratic to Republican so, if Democrats fail, there will be an opening for them in 2016.

MT

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 am

elvissessions wrote:.... our still-improving nation needs a leader as sharp and strong as Mr. Obama to help guide us.

:lol: You kids say the darndest things! smt174

::rocks