Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:40 am

Thank you, Rock Legend.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 am

Rock Legend wrote:The “3000 SOUTH PARADISE ROAD” especially is going to be a real gem.

Thank you Rock Legend for those details about this upcoming FTD release.

It's really exciting that more rehearsal audio is coming out.

And I agree with Rob, "Back In Memphis" will be fantastic as well.

Bring it on . . .

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Looking forward to 3000 South Paradise Road!!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:48 pm

My memory of Blazing Into The Darkness is of a thin, weak sounding soundboard recording - how is it improved on this upcoming FTD?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Great design, but why 7 '?.
but I like that format.
I hope now that the sound is much better than the old cd, which I found not so great

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Sebastian E wrote:Thank you, Rock Legend.

cannot wait THIS is all that FTD excels at!~ :lol: 8)

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm

hmm sound quality is supposly better then blazing into darkness if we gotta believe this blog.. http://itsonlyelvis.blogspot.nl/2012/11 ... -road.html

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 am

Rock Legend wrote:The “3000 SOUTH PARADISE ROAD” especially is going to be a real gem.

The rehearsal is pretty decent audio, better than I expected.

‘Blueberry Hill’ is a nice relaxed version, Elvis does not exert himself too much, but it has a lovely lazy feel to it. Typical Elvis lyric changes about taking the pill, etc.

‘Little Sister’ starts with a fade in – the first verse missing.

‘My Babe’ is a notch faster than the ’69 version, not as groovy. Very interesting James Burton guitar solo not heard in other versions.

‘True Love Travels’ is not the rehearsal that we know. This one is actually better – vocally very close to the ’69 master.

The good news is... There's a lot more where this came from.

Audio has been done by Lene Reidel.

Those that only know the August 12 Dinner Show from the bootleg are in for a treat. The audio is fantastic. Hard to believe that it’s a soundboard,
as it really sounds like a pro recording. The difference is like night and day. Audio done by DHAC at Sony NYC.

Frieser and Slebos have collected many rare, great photos for the packaging, and the 7 inch packaging really does them justice. They also found lots of cool memorabilia, documents, etc.

I can’t wait to have this one in my hands. This is going to be one of FTD's best releases so far (I know, quite a statement, but I stand by it). Amazing that stunning releases like this are still coming out after all these years.

I liked the way you slipped the 'news' in about Lene Reidel in the middle of all that, hoping we wouldn't notice!!! :(

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 am

well count me in for "3000 South Paradise Road"
thats EXACTLY my kinda off FTD release and what i expect from ftd!

i dont really expect more than a ususal/standard summer72
show but the rehearsal is very interesting, i cant get enuff rehearsals
great to see these are coming out of the woodwork now !
though some of his choices & more so, lack of choices boggle me !
did he really need to rehearse 'my way' ???
he had all the time in the world and a massive catalogue, why did he never think to run thru something like 'maries the name' - he still had the ability to nail 'DONT' in 72 , the brief stab at 'I was the 1' back in 70 was superb, why oh why ???? he musta have been bored to death of 'all shook up' (i know i am)
i think the last rehearsal proves he struggled with 'seperate ways' but again he could have totally nailed 'always on my mind' in summer72 !
i guess it was lack of motivation but no wonder he was bored !

very excited to hear a 72 version off 'my babe' = hope he kicks sum ass with it & not just mumbles thru it !!!!

and yes the cover is SUPERB - possibly one of the best ever * i also agree he looked superb in the shirts & 2 piece suits !
funnily enuff, i have that EXACT same pic blown up & framed in my lounge , direct from ed bonja !
and even funnier, i had a date last wk (who granted was young)
but honestly & sincerely said " whos the singer " !!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
needless to say there could be no future for us LOL
(true story!!!)

i cant afford the VINYL ! and tho i love 'back in memphis - isnt all thats material on 'american way(s)' etc ????

Ftd throws out a few oddities & makes the odd mistake but really they're doing a bloody superb job ! who'd had thought at this point we'd be over 100 releases, some of which are stunning, surprising, eye-opening and even contain material that has once thought to have 'disappeared' forever! i think elvis himself would be quite shocked at the ftd catalogue
(though i tend to think he wouldnt give a sh*t either, considering the lack of interest he took after 1970)
ernst, i offer you my OBE lol

long live Ftd !!!!!

p.s Rock legend - you'd heard the rehearsal tape already?????
lucky guy & interesting !

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 am

Tony.. wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:.... Audio has been done by Lene Reidel....

I liked the way you slipped the 'news' in about Lene Reidel in the middle of all that, hoping we wouldn't notice!!! :(

:lol: Maybe someone in charge at Sony figured -
How bad can she really mess it up since the sound quality is poor to begin with? smt179

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 am

Matthew wrote:Overall I’m more than a little pissed that Elvis Sings For Children And Grown-Ups Too! is not a part of this update. After the recent flagship release that is Hits Of The 70s I had high hopes the label was finally moving in the right direction.

well that cracked me up if no one else lol ::rocks
id love an undubbed acoustic olo macdonald lol

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 am

I had not listened to my Blazing Into Darkness cd for years. I played it a couple of days ago and was surprised at how good the sound quality was. According to the Tunzi book Elvis Sessions III, page 556, it is a reel to reel tape. That is why it sounds above average. If this has been improved on by FTD then it should sound really great.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Matthew wrote:My memory of Blazing Into The Darkness is of a thin, weak sounding soundboard recording - how is it improved on this upcoming FTD?

It's been 'remastered' by............................Lene Reidel!!! :P

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm

It makes sense that "Suspicious Minds" is the only bonus track. It is the only other song from these sessions that was paired as a single with a track from the "Back In Memphis" album.

Secondly, this now gives FTD the chance to make "From Elvis In Memphis" a 4-CD set - likely split over 2 volumes like "Jailhouse Rock" and "GI Blues".

The 1st volume could contain the album, plus remaining masters and outtakes from January - and the 2nd volume contain remaining masters and outtakes from February:

Volume 1 - Album + Other Masters & Outtakes of the Jan sessions:
Long Black Limousine, Come Out Come Out, Memory Revival [Slow], Wearin' That Loved On Look, Gentle On My Mind, I'm Movin' On, Rubberneckin'*, In the Ghetto, My Little Friend, Mama Liked the Roses, Don't Cry Daddy, Poor Man's Gold, Hey Jude, I'll Hold You In My Heart, I'll Be There

Volume 2 - Album + Other Masters & Outtakes of Feb sessions:
True Love Travels On a Gravel Road, It's My Way (Of Loving You) / This Time / I Can't Stop Loving You, Power of My Love, After Loving You, Kentucky Rain, Only the Strong Survive, It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin', Any Day Now, If I'm a Fool (For Loving You), Memory Revival [Fast], Who Am I?

* Possibly excluded for a future FTD with material from "Change of Habit".

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:26 pm

L Ray wrote:I had not listened to my Blazing Into Darkness cd for years. I played it a couple of days ago and was surprised at how good the sound quality was. According to the Tunzi book Elvis Sessions III, page 556, it is a reel to reel tape. That is why it sounds above average. If this has been improved on by FTD then it should sound really great.

This is the tape box, published in "Off and back on the mystery track".
TAPE BOX.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:...this now gives FTD the chance to make "From Elvis In Memphis" a 4-CD set - likely split over 2 volumes...
The 1st volume could contain the album, plus remaining masters and outtakes from January - and the 2nd volume contain remaining masters and outtakes from February:

Volume 1 - Album + Other Masters & Outtakes of the Jan sessions:
Long Black Limousine, Come Out Come Out, Memory Revival [Slow], Wearin' That Loved On Look, Gentle On My Mind, I'm Movin' On, Rubberneckin'*, In the Ghetto, My Little Friend, Mama Liked the Roses, Don't Cry Daddy, Poor Man's Gold, Hey Jude, I'll Hold You In My Heart, I'll Be There

Volume 2 - Album + Other Masters & Outtakes of Feb sessions:
True Love Travels On a Gravel Road, It's My Way (Of Loving You) / This Time / I Can't Stop Loving You, Power of My Love, After Loving You, Kentucky Rain, Only the Strong Survive, It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin', Any Day Now, If I'm a Fool (For Loving You), Memory Revival [Fast], Who Am I?
* Possibly excluded for a future FTD with material from "Change of Habit".

That certainly gives us plenty to look forward to, GTC.
Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Tony.. wrote:
L Ray wrote:I had not listened to my Blazing Into Darkness cd for years. I played it a couple of days ago and was surprised at how good the sound quality was. According to the Tunzi book Elvis Sessions III, page 556, it is a reel to reel tape. That is why it sounds above average. If this has been improved on by FTD then it should sound really great.

This is the tape box, published in "Off and back on the mystery track".
TAPE BOX.jpg

That is the tape box of august 11 1972
FTD is releasing august 12 1972 dinner show

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Tony.. wrote: It's been 'remastered' by............................Lene Reidel!!! :P

Nope, wrong again Tony.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 am

Rock Legend wrote:
Tony.. wrote: It's been 'remastered' by............................Lene Reidel!!! :P

Nope, wrong again Tony.

Rock Legend wrote:Audio has been done by Lene Reidel.

??

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 am

Wrong again, Tony. Read my postings properly before you misquote me.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 am

If I understand your post correctly . . .

"Audio has been done by Lene Reidel" for the Concert disc.

"Audio done by DHAC at Sony NYC" for the Rehearsal disc.

Is that correct?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 am

It's the other way around.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Rock Legend wrote:Wrong again, Tony. Read my postings properly before you misquote me.

That was 'Mike S'.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:If I understand your post correctly . . .

Is that correct?

What, or who is 'DHAC'??

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 am

Tony.. wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:If I understand your post correctly . . .

Is that correct?

What, or who is 'DHAC'??

It appears to be an acronym for one or more engineers. Send them an email with your question, report back here with your answer. Here is the page to reference:

Battery Mastering Studios - New York - Contact Us
http://www.batterystudios.com/contact/index.shtml

Battery Studios is Sony Music Entertainment’s New York City based music production facility. Located in the former home of the legendary Record Plant Recording Studios, Battery is part of a century long tradition of elite New York music production facilities, and combines the old with the new by specializing in re-mastering, mastering and audio restoration and digitization.

http://www.batterystudios.com/index.shtml