Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi,

looks very promising that Prince from another Planet will be in the Charts next week! It looks as it will be in the Top 40 in the U.S. and U.K and even in the Top 100 in Germany!

Because of the huge amount of pre-orders, Sony couldn´t produce enough units for the original planed release date, that´s why it was changed so often. It has nothing to do with the release date of The Beatles Vinyl Box, as they will be released on the same day!

By the way, I´m very impressed with this great Set (listen to it for the 3rd time )! A real winner and the best mainstream release since "Young Man With The Big Beat". If your insecure if you should buy it, because of the widely disscused sound issues, forget about it, thanks to Vic Anesini´s mastering the soundquality is excellent!!!!!!!
Last edited by Wonderstuffer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Great stuff.

Long live the King!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm

This is great news!!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm

for those inquiring minds who wondered why this package did`nt come out closer to the original 40th anniverary date the answer is very simple sony will sell alot more during this time of the year than at any other time, strickly business my friends!! :D

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Wonderstuffer wrote:Hi,

looks very promising that Prince from another Planet will be in the Charts next week! It looks as it will be in the Top 40 in the U.S. and U.K and even in the Top 100 in Germany!


So, how do know for certain it'll be a Top 40 hit ?

Do you work for Billboard ?

Wonderstuffer wrote:]Because of the huge amount of pre-orders, Sony couldn´t produce enough units for the original planed release date, that´s why it was changed so often. It had nothing to do with the release date of The Beatles Vinyl Box, as they will be now released the same day!

By the way, I´m very impressed with this great Set ( listen to it for the 3rd time at the moment)! A real winner and the best mainstream release since "Young Boy With The Big Beat". If your insecure if you should buy it, because of the widely disscused sound issues, forget about it, thanks to Vic Anesini´s mastering the soundquality is excellent!!!!!!!


Uh, crazy, kooky me, but wasn't the great 2011 Sony boxed set called, "Young Man with the Big Beat" ?

And wasn't the new "Prince From Another Planet" set mixed and mastered by, courtesy of Michael Brauer.

You know, The new mixes will likely have a very bright, modern sound ???

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:27 pm

No, I don´t work for Billboard and I can´t guarantee it to happen, but my brother works for Sony Germany and he should know it. They have the informations from all major countries. Sony didn´t expect it to sell so well. Just let´s wait and see. This set was mixed by Michael Brauer and mastered by Vic Anesini!!, at least my copy. The sound is modern but neather loud nor bright. If you should be an old school Fan you might not like it.

That was a typo!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Wonderstuffer wrote:No, I don´t work for Billboard and I can´t guarantee it to happen, but my brother works for Sony Germany and he should know it. They have the informations from all major countries. Sony didn´t expect it to sell so well. Just let´s wait and see. This set was mixed by Michael Brauer and mastered by Vic Anesini!!, at least my copy. The sound is modern but neather loud nor bright. If you should be an old school Fan you might not like it.

That was a typo!


You specifically wrote, "It looks as it will be in the Top 40 in the U.S. and U.K".

That's very misleading. You live in Germany, so how would you or whoever, know exactly if it would be a Top 40 release ?

Now, your backpeddling and saying you don't know for sure and can't "guarantee" us it'll happen and that we should "wait and see" ...

Whatever ...

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Brill news indeed - I hope it makes Uk Charts too - it ashould reach No - 1 - In sales - hope so -

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:34 pm

minkahed wrote:
Wonderstuffer wrote:Hi,

looks very promising that Prince from another Planet will be in the Charts next week! It looks as it will be in the Top 40 in the U.S. and U.K and even in the Top 100 in Germany!


So, how do know for certain it'll be a Top 40 hit ?

Do you work for Billboard ?

Wonderstuffer wrote:]Because of the huge amount of pre-orders, Sony couldn´t produce enough units for the original planed release date, that´s why it was changed so often. It had nothing to do with the release date of The Beatles Vinyl Box, as they will be now released the same day!

By the way, I´m very impressed with this great Set ( listen to it for the 3rd time at the moment)! A real winner and the best mainstream release since "Young Boy With The Big Beat". If your insecure if you should buy it, because of the widely disscused sound issues, forget about it, thanks to Vic Anesini´s mastering the soundquality is excellent!!!!!!!


Uh, crazy, kooky me, but wasn't the great 2011 Sony boxed set called, "Young Man with the Big Beat" ?

And wasn't the new "Prince From Another Planet" set mixed and mastered by, courtesy of Michael Brauer.

You know, The new mixes will likely have a very bright, modern sound ???


Probably pre-orders, as that determines a first week entry.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Is out :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 pm

I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


tony this is about MSG not on tour..

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


tony this is about MSG not on tour..


Did you read my post at all?

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 pm

I just returned home from Rotterdam where I bought both "Prince From Another Planet" and "Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden". They were on sale at "De Bijenkorf" (similar to Macy's) and Mediamarkt. They had a few copies of both, but at "Mediamarkt" the CD was displayed among the "new releases" and at "De Bijenkorf" next to The Beatles LP box. It was nice to see them available upon the day of release. Which was never the case for other Legacy releases. I bought them at Mediamarkt as it saved me 8 euro. I have an headache, so I won't listen to them this evening, but sure will do during the weekend. Up till now there hasn't been any promotion whatsoever over here. I wonder if Sony intends to if sales in the USA and the UK are good.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Wonderstuffer wrote:Hi,

looks very promising that Prince from another Planet will be in the Charts next week! It looks as it will be in the Top 40 in the U.S. and U.K and even in the Top 100 in Germany!

Because of the huge amount of pre-orders, Sony couldn´t produce enough units for the original planed release date, that´s why it was changed so often. It has nothing to do with the release date of The Beatles Vinyl Box, as they will be released on the same day!

By the way, I´m very impressed with this great Set (listen to it for the 3rd time )! A real winner and the best mainstream release since "Young Man With The Big Beat". If your insecure if you should buy it, because of the widely disscused sound issues, forget about it, thanks to Vic Anesini´s mastering the soundquality is excellent!!!!!!!


As we all know this has been remixed and 'remastered' from the original master tape(s), so could you please tell us what the new running time is for the evening show? Assuming the audible edits that were on the original 1972 release have now been eradicated, as they are using the original untampered with tape(s), I assume the running time is now more than the original 52 minutes and a half minutes? Can you enlighten us please?

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


That's because the On Tour footage is "historical" as the NY shows are.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 pm

According to Amazon, with all of those pre-orders, it is still only #136 in the music charts in the UK. #35 in the USA. But remember, most fans will have pre-ordered, so those figures will be for one week only and then tumble.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


1.) MSG was a historic concert; Elvis on Tour was just another tour (but filmed)

2.) We already have 90 minutes of footage from On Tour, but nothing has been seen of the MSG concert

3.) There is the added appeal with this release of the remixing of what have long been considered by many to be a flat-sounding original mix.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Top 40 UK and USA?


Pull the other one.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


This is a very good point! It's amazing how fickle the music buying public can be at times. I guess the lure of MSG is greater historically than the Tour shows.

I am with you though Tony, give me a Blu-ray of Hampton Roads over amateur MSG any day!

Oh what the hell, give me the lot!

elvisonline

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 am

elvisonline wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


This is a very good point! It's amazing how fickle the music buying public can be at times. I guess the lure of MSG is greater historically than the Tour shows.

I am with you though Tony, give me a Blu-ray of Hampton Roads over amateur MSG any day!

Oh what the hell, give me the lot!

elvisonline


Yes me too!! I'm not knocking the MSG footage; it's very nice to have, but in a press release they stated something like unsen Elvis concert footage rarely surfaces, yet hours of the stuff is right under their noses!!!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:17 am

Tony.. wrote:
elvisonline wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I wonder why they are making such a big deal about a few minutes of fan filmed footage from 1972 as being 'historic' and 'recently unearthed' when there is hours and hours of professionally filmed footage from 1972 (Elvis on tour) which was 'unearthed' years ago by the bootleggers yet still remains untouched and unbothered with by the official bods.


This is a very good point! It's amazing how fickle the music buying public can be at times. I guess the lure of MSG is greater historically than the Tour shows.

I am with you though Tony, give me a Blu-ray of Hampton Roads over amateur MSG any day!

Oh what the hell, give me the lot!

elvisonline


Yes me too!! I'm not knocking the MSG footage; it's very nice to have, but in a press release they stated something like unsen Elvis concert footage rarely surfaces, yet hours of the stuff is right under their noses!!!


yes, but that footage from EOT is only more of the same of what we already have in the main film. Just as the unseen footage from TTWII is. To us, this is unseen footage, but to non-hardcore fans it is simply footage left on the cutting room floor. MSG is unseen, "newly discovered" footage from an historic event. Quite a different scenario. And the quality looks remarkable considering the source, too.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:26 am

If I was producing a DVD of unseen 1972 film on Elvis, I would rather choose perfect quality, professionally filmed footage of complete songs over a 20 minute clip from an 8mm camera with no sound and only parts of songs.
The fact that we know that performances of songs such as "For the good times", "Until it's time for you to go", "Johnny B. Goode" (rehearsal) are still officially unseen, then I would say that would be my choice. You will probably only watch the MSG home movie once or twice.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:44 am

Tony.. wrote:.... yet hours of the stuff is right under their noses!!!



They obviously forgot to trim their nose hairs. Way too bushy.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:09 am

Just to let you all know that the original cd, An Afternoon in The Garden is still being sold in American stores.