Off Topic Messages

Madame Tussauds ,London ,Elvis Bruce Willis ,James Bond

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

I was in London at the weekend Doing some work at the filming location of the new Bruce Willis ,Helen Mirren movie Red 2,and during some free time decided to go to the waxworks.It was a nice visit with some good likenesses but a very expensive ticket price(£29.95)and the Elvis waxwork is an old one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by keninlincs on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Madame Tussauds ,London

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:35 pm

It's better than the last Elvis one they had!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:54 pm

JaneTLC wrote:It's better than the last Elvis one they had!

Yes it is Jane

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Cool. That Bruce Willis one looks dead on.

What is the bottom one?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:16 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Cool. That Bruce Willis one looks dead on.

What is the bottom one?

Breakfast at Tiffanys James,the Daniel Craig as James Bond is also good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:22 pm

keninlincs wrote:

What is the bottom one?

I wondered if it might be that thinking it resembled Audrey but I don't recall seeing the movie. Yeah the Craig one looks good too. Funny, I just watched his first two Bond films again back to back last night in preparation for tomorrow's US release of Skyfall.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:28 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

What is the bottom one?

I wondered if it might be that thinking it resembled Audrey but I don't recall seeing the movie. Yeah the Craig one looks good too. Funny, I just watched his first two Bond films again back to back last night in preparation for tomorrow's US release of Skyfall.

Skyfall is brilliant,you wont be disappointed

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 am

Looks like you had a great time! Interesting, Ken, that you're working on the film! Like to hear whatever you can tell about that.

(Our little ole great wax museum out here has finally closed its doors. Gotta go to the "real" Hollywood, to go to an exhibit, and see what's shakin.' I love those places; they're weird and fun; weirdly fun!)

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, and thanks for the pics! :smt006 :D

rjm

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:41 am

rjm wrote:Looks like you had a great time! Interesting, Ken, that you're working on the film! Like to hear whatever you can tell about that.

(Our little ole great wax museum out here has finally closed its doors. Gotta go to the "real" Hollywood, to go to an exhibit, and see what's shakin.' I love those places; they're weird and fun; weirdly fun!)

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, and thanks for the pics! :smt006 :D

rjm

Hi Robin
The work at the film location was nothing very glamorous,just security work, i was just telling people that the road was closed while they were filming a car chase scene,and using simulated gunfire(but it was paid work lol)

Re: Madame Tussauds ,London ,Elvis Bruce Willis ,James Bond

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Yeah the elvis one is sh*t seen it the last time i was there.the bruce willis one is new too me and very cool cheers for posting ken.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 pm

rocknroller wrote:Yeah the elvis one is sh*t seen it the last time i was there.the bruce willis one is new too me and very cool cheers for posting ken.

There area few new ones that are very good,Jessica Ennis,Tom Daley.Usain Bolt,Robbie Williams ,David Cameron,Cheryl Cole ETC

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm

keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:Yeah the elvis one is sh*t seen it the last time i was there.the bruce willis one is new too me and very cool cheers for posting ken.

There area few new ones that are very good,Jessica Ennis,Tom Daley.Usain Bolt,Robbie Williams ,David Cameron,Cheryl Cole ETC

Not been since 2009,the freddie one looks new although they may just have changed his clothes as the one i saw was from the magic tour.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 pm

rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

Not been since 2009,the freddie one looks new although they may just have changed his clothes as the one i saw was from the magic tour.

I think the Freddie one is as you said Pat,just re dressed

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:13 pm

keninlincs wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

I think the Freddie one is as you said Pat,just re dressed

yeah looks like it mate

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 pm

keninlincs wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

What is the bottom one?

Skyfall is brilliant,you wont be disappointed

brilliant, I'm going on Sunday to see it

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Have they put the Jimmy Savile one in the Chamber of Horrors?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 pm

30 quid a ticket ?!!! I bet they never even used a Gun to rob you of that, Ken , did they ! :-)

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 pm

keninlincs wrote:

love this one!!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks for posting the pics, Ken
Do you have Usain Bolt?
(Am glad you did not post any pic with any politicians, too many threads on politics ad nauseum here lately.)

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Jove wrote:Thanks for posting the pics, Ken
Do you have Usain Bolt?
(Am glad you did not post any pic with any politicians, too many threads on politics ad nauseum here lately.)

I will have a look when i am home onmonday Jove,i think i took one of him and the Mrs

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 am

It's some since time I went, and I had a look at the pics from then, and Elvis must have been appalling, as I didn't even take a pic of it.

Here are some I took then.
Darcey Bussell was outstandingly good. The pose was perfect, technically, and the muscles and face were amazingly done.
Sir Tom's skin tone was far too dark (so was Harrison Ford's).

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 am

Just looked at the Elvis one a bit closer. It's the hair that's all wrong :(

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Jane, that is actually Tom Jones, he must've been visiting at the same time as you, surely.
I think you're mistaken, MJ's skin is tone is too dark.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 am

hmm - interesting,.i must visit myself next year~! meanwhile i might go to the darling harbour,sydney one!~ :wink: :wink:
p.s Tom Jones likeness wasn't too good~! :?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm

keninlincs wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:It's better than the last Elvis one they had!

Yes it is Jane

I think it was one from the 68 especial, right? It was so bad I didn't even take photos.