Off Topic Messages

Celtic 2 barcelona 1

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 am

Best result in my life time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20150451

phpBB [video]

Last edited by rocknroller on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Celtic 2 barcelona 1

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 am

i bet all blue noses are gutted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:35 am

houndog wrote:i bet all blue noses are gutted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe ! but its a great result for scottish football god knows we need it !!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 am

Keltics rock!!! 8)

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:38 am

Amazing result! Not least because Barcelona have been on great form. As said, a great day for Scottish football. Hopefully it gives it the shot in the arm that's needed.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 am

Delboy wrote:Amazing result! Not least because Barcelona have been on great form. As said, a great day for Scottish football. Hopefully it gives it the shot in the arm that's needed.

Our defense is really really bad. Celtic took advantage of the 2 or 3 occasions they had. :(

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 am

rocknroller wrote:Best result in my life time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am happy for you Pat.were you there?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

Delboy wrote:Amazing result! Not least because Barcelona have been on great form. As said, a great day for Scottish football. Hopefully it gives it the shot in the arm that's needed.

Cheers delboy :smt023

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 am

ElvisLive3August1969 wrote:Keltics rock!!! 8)

:lol: :D

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am

keninlincs wrote:

Cheers ken, yes i was there an amazing night !!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:17 pm

rocknroller wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

Cheers ken, yes i was there an amazing night !!!

Nice one mate

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Watched it live, the atmosphere was f*cking amazing!

I love it when they sing YNWA before the game...that was better than any rendition down in Liverpool!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Watched it live, the atmosphere was f*cking amazing!

I love it when they sing YNWA before the game...that was better than any rendition down in Liverpool!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 cheers mate people do forget celtic sang YNWA long before Liverpool did !!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Brilliant score!

What about Rod Stewart crying at the end of the game :D - Thats the difference between football and any other sport.
Very few clubs have a support like Celtic.

phpBB [video]

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm

daylon wrote:Brilliant score!

What about Rod Stewart crying at the end of the game :D - Thats the difference between football and any other sport.
Very few clubs have a support like Celtic.

phpBB [video]

Yeah it was a great moment with rod he almost had me going !!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:I love it when they sing YNWA before the game...that was better than any rendition down in Liverpool!

Then you've clearly not been on the Kop at any of the many memorable occasions Anfield has witnessed.
rocknroller wrote:...people do forget celtic sang YNWA long before Liverpool did !!!

Not true.

It's pretty much been established that Liverpool supporters were the first to sing the song en masse.

When the Liverpool group 'Gerry and the Pacemakers' had a number one hit with You'll Never Walk Alone in 1963, supporters standing on the Spion Kop would often sing the chart hits of the day [see YouTube clip below], and it was around this time that YNWA was adopted as LFC's anthem.

Only in much later years - as a friendly bond between Liverpool and Celtic was cemented - did Celtic fans begin to sing it with any degree of frequency.

P.S. Congrats to The Bhoys last night!

phpBB [video]

The Kop on BBC Panorama (1964)

phpBB [video]

Liverpool v Leeds (1965 FA Cup Final)

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:35 pm

That first video, from 1:00 onwards - wow! Any Beatles or Football fan should watch that...

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:I love it when they sing YNWA before the game...that was better than any rendition down in Liverpool!

Then you've clearly not been on the Kop at any of the many memorable occasions Anfield has witnessed.
rocknroller wrote:...people do forget celtic sang YNWA long before Liverpool did !!!

Not true.

It's pretty much been established that Liverpool supporters were the first to sing the song en masse.

When the Liverpool group 'Gerry and the Pacemakers' had a number one hit with You'll Never Walk Alone in 1963, supporters standing on the Spion Kop would often sing the chart hits of the day [see YouTube clip below], and it was around this time that YNWA was adopted as LFC's anthem.

Only in much later years - as a friendly bond between Liverpool and Celtic was cemented - did Celtic fans begin to sing it with any degree of frequency.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Celtic started singing You'll Never Walk Alone" in the 1950s it was first heard in Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel !!! how do i know this ? because my dad told me as he used to sing it in the old jungle back in the day although it was slightly different than gerrys rendition !!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Barcelona's coach;
Tito Vilanova: “We tried everything we could. Teams play like this against us because our players have earned their reputation. This is the way we play; we can’t play any other way. So, even when we are away from home, we play like we are the home team. Most of the time, we win. Sometimes, like tonight, you don’t get the win. But I have to congratulate Celtic on the way and on their support, which is spectacular.

“We’ve been lucky to play in some great stadiums in recent years, in England for example. But I’ve never seen anything like this ground tonight. It was spectacular and I congratulate Celtic. That’s 125 years; I hope they continue for many, many more.”

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Brilliant performance, well done Celtic

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 pm

rocknroller wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Not true.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Celtic started singing You'll Never Walk Alone" in the 1950s it was first heard in Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel !!! how do i know this ? because my dad told me as he used to sing it in the old jungle back in the day although it was slightly different than gerrys rendition !!!

That is true. My Grandpa told me they used to sing it at Celtic Park in the 50's. He was a big Celtic fan and used to go to all the games when he came over here from Ireland. My Grandpa's dead now but I remember him telling me that often, when I was younger. I have no idea when Liverpool sang it, but Celtic were definitely singing it in the 50's.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 pm

So all you Scots were belting out operatic versions of You'll Never Walk Alone on the terraces when not busy watching/listening to Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. :lol:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 am

elvisalisellers wrote:So all you Scots were belting out operatic versions of You'll Never Walk Alone on the terraces when not busy watching/listening to Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. :lol:

So in other words celtic sang it first :wink: :lol:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:08 am

Liverbobs wrote:Brilliant performance, well done Celtic

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 am

daylon wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Not true.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

That is true. My Grandpa told me they used to sing it at Celtic Park in the 50's. He was a big Celtic fan and used to go to all the games when he came over here from Ireland. My Grandpa's dead now but I remember him telling me that often, when I was younger. I have no idea when Liverpool sang it, but Celtic were definitely singing it in the 50's.

Cheers daylon, maybe your grandad and my dad stood side by side in the old jungle and had a pint in one of the pubs on the gallowgate back in the day !!! :)