Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: in concert 77 pictures

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 pm

promiseland wrote:
richnlorna wrote:Great collection.

But dear god didnt he look poorly.

Barely even looks like himself in most of them. What were they all thinking. The show MUSTN'T always go on........

Do you have a picture of you at 42 years old so we can compare?

Well i'm 36 so not quite!

I'm just commenting however on the level of decline and from TTWII to EIC the change is pretty unbeleivable (and heartbreakingly sad)

PS. don't some of you guys take this a bit personal on here

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

i have heard from someone via e-mail, someone in the know, commenting on how Elvis' health REALLY was during the 1977 tours. Quite often while on tour, local doctors had to be called in to examine Elvis when he was really ill.. At least 5 times in May/June 1977 alone. The media and the fans were never told of the true scope of Elvis' various illnesses and how bad shape he was really in. The EP insiders knew that a sick superstar unable to perform was bad for business.
One particular show, I believe it was Lincoln on June 20th, a doctor was called in to Elvis' hotel room, he was examined and the doctor had begged for an ambulance to be called because Elvis was in "near critical" condition" and should be examined in a hospital. The answer was "no" and Elvis was onstage singing some 4 hours later. How Elvis was whipped into shape to perform is anyones guess (probably medications).
With a major slip like this, it is no wonder that he died less than two months later. I guess it came down to having to cancel performances and face the promoters and losing money with no real regard for Elvis' well-being.

BTW there was also a Memphis Mafia contingency plan that would go into effect if Elvis ever died while on tour.The plan was for his body to be flown back to Memphis secretly and the public would be told he died at Graceland.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Ty Rizzy for '77 Pix -Lov em all -
Thank you for sharing em all -

Even if Elvis didnt look great like previous years - He Still had the Voice to Thrill The Crowd - Amen -

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:14 pm

elvisbot wrote:i have heard from someone via e-mail, someone in the know, commenting on how Elvis' health REALLY was during the 1977 tours. Quite often while on tour, local doctors had to be called in to examine Elvis when he was really ill.. At least 5 times in May/June 1977 alone. The media and the fans were never told of the true scope of Elvis' various illnesses and how bad shape he was really in. The EP insiders knew that a sick superstar unable to perform was bad for business.
One particular show, I believe it was Lincoln on June 20th, a doctor was called in to Elvis' hotel room, he was examined and the doctor had begged for an ambulance to be called because Elvis was in "near critical" condition" and should be examined in a hospital. The answer was "no" and Elvis was onstage singing some 4 hours later. How Elvis was whipped into shape to perform is anyones guess (probably medications).
With a major slip like this, it is no wonder that he died less than two months later. I guess it came down to having to cancel performances and face the promoters and losing money with no real regard for Elvis' well-being.

BTW there was also a Memphis Mafia contingency plan that would go into effect if Elvis ever died while on tour.The plan was for his body to be flown back to Memphis secretly and the public would be told he died at Graceland.

Seems more likely that Elvis sought out local doctors who would respond compliantly, with prescriptions, for his aches and pains.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 am

Pills or no pills, Elvis must have felt like sh*t looking at some of these pictures. We can sit here with the benefit of hindsight and apportion blame to those individuals who we feel are to blame (even Elvis himself), however Elvis was on a treadmill which even he couldn't have gotten off, you have to give him credit for getting up there when he must have known he should have been in a hospital bed.

There are photo's from 1972 where Elvis looks off his game, bloated and worse for wear, it was a five year journey to 1977

The upside of 1972 was Elvis was still able to pull it together, unfortunately looking at photo's of 1977 it is all to apparent that Elvis wasn't going to be able to reverse his condition. To compare other men of 42 wouldn't be a good comparison, Elvis was an exceptionally gifted and good looking man, even in 1975 there were glimpses of the former king! When you see Elvis in 1976-1977 it isn't just an older man that you see, but a man who looks very ill. Perhaps because Elvis was so good looking it makes it all the more shocking to see the man in 1977? You only have to look at vernon to see that he was wearing well for his years, you would expect that Elvis without the pills would have aged much better.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 am

stunning pics, they're fantastic :smt023

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Thank you Rizzy, for sharing these great collection of pics. :smt006 :smt041

Ed

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Perhaps because Elvis was so good looking it makes it all the more shocking to see the man in 1977? You only have to look at vernon to see that he was wearing well for his years, you would expect that Elvis without the pills would have aged much better.

Not necessarily. You mention Vernon, but Gladys didn't age especially well, with or without pills, and struggled with her weight too - she looked older than her years whe she reached her 40's. It's as much to do with getting some fresh air, sunshine and excercise as it is about the pills when it comes to Elvis' appearance.
Last edited by DarrylMac on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm

:smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
Perhaps because Elvis was so good looking it makes it all the more shocking to see the man in 1977? You only have to look at vernon to see that he was wearing well for his years, you would expect that Elvis without the pills would have aged much better.

Not necessarily. You mention Vernon, but Gladys didn't age especially well, with or without pills, and struggled with her weight too - she looked older than her years whe she reached her 40's. It's as much to do with getting some fresh air, sunshine and excercise as it is about the pills when it comes to Elvis' appearance.

I see what your saying, but Glady's was a worrier and a drinker to boot. Elvis looked more like his father IMO but I agree that the exercise and fresh air are simple things that would have benefited Elvis.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:

I see what your saying, but Glady's was a worrier and a drinker to boot. Elvis looked more like his father IMO but I agree that the exercise and fresh air are simple things that would have benefited Elvis.

Totally agree with ya Matt - Ashton -

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 am

Glady's was a worrier

I think that's at the heart of it - Elvis had pressures no one else could comprehend, so take the worrying his mum did, and multiply it by 100! I'm not, and never would deny the drugs had a terrible effect on Elvis, but even without them, I think the pressures he faced, the contsant touring, the treadmill etc would have had a detrimental effect on his appearance. The drugs were in some cases, a symptom rather than the cause.

Anyway. don't want to de-rail a good thread with some really good 77 snaps!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:03 am

From the last gig, 26th June:

1977_june_26.jpg

1977_june_26_1.jpg

1977_june_26_2.jpg

1977_june_26_3_close_up.jpg

1977_june_26_4.jpg

More...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 am

elvis_june_26_1977.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_2.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_3.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_4.jpg

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 am

If only ian were here to enjoy these.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 pm

:smt001

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
elvis_june_26_1977.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_2.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_3.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_4.jpg

...........................................................................................................

[b]Good Pics buddy from June 26th 1977 At Market Square - Indianpolis -
Love Em All Andy - My Elvis Buddy -
Heres few more I Like
Enjoy These Andy And y'all
-
::rocks[/b] :smt006

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 pm

karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
elvis_june_26_1977.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_2.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_3.jpg

elvis_june_26_1977_4.jpg

...........................................................................................................

[b]Good Pics buddy from June 26th 1977 At Market Square - Indianpolis -
Heres few more I Like
Enjoy These Andy And y'all
-
::rocks[/b] :smt006

Cheers, dude.
That last one is new to me, thanks for sharing.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 pm

:smt006 Yvw Andy - I Will Add More Soon Okay - Enjoy All I Add From Time To Time -
TCE4Ever- ::rocks

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:14 am

karlos wrote:Good Pics buddy from June 26th 1977 At Market Square - Indianpolis -
Heres few more I Like

I´m sorry but the last one is not Indianapolis. On [b]june 26 his musicians were is black suits, not blue.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/C ... hp?id=1147

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 am

Ty Javier Tcb - for info - I apologise for this buddy - Now I know -Ty for info buddy

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:31 pm

javierTCB wrote:
karlos wrote:Good Pics buddy from June 26th 1977 At Market Square - Indianpolis -
Heres few more I Like

I´m sorry but the last one is not Indianapolis. On [b]june 26 his musicians were is black suits, not blue.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/C ... hp?id=1147

Looks like the may/june tour (haircut)