Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70's Mastesn Vinyl??

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Is Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70's Masters available on vinyl? I know the 50's and 60's Masters were...

thanks

Mark

Re: Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70's Mastesn Viny

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Ultimx wrote:Is Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70's Masters available on vinyl? I know the 50's and 60's Masters were...

thanks

Mark

no :(

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:22 am

KingElvis wrote:
Ultimx wrote:Is Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70's Masters available on vinyl? I know the 50's and 60's Masters were...

thanks

Mark

no :(

thanks...

:(

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:43 pm

It really should have been, but there are better non vinyl box sets I would like to see first now. Close Up, TT&F, and Platinum to mention three. The seventies one would still be cool but in retrospect I think it wasn't all that well made. There should have been two seventies boxes. One of all the live masters (including then unreleased stuff) and one of all the studio. Taking out the gospel and Christmas stuff wasn't all the wise either. The sixties one was fragmented but at least it attempted to be complete in the areas it covered.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:37 pm

"Platinum" for one, would be pointless and obsolete on vinyl as most of the material on it has seen been re-issued in better sound quality.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 am

In my opinion, I think they actually messed up when they did the 60's boxset. All of the gospel selections from Nashville should have been on there ("His Hand In Mine" and "How Great Thou Art" albums along with "We Call On Him" and "You'll Never Walk Alone." If that meant expanding the set to six discs, so be it. Furthermore, I think that the "Command Performances" should have been a full-fledged box set consisting of all of the 1960's movie soundtracks. A box set, similiar to the one done in 2008, should have been done just for the '68 television special. A "Live Across America" boxset should have been done to cover the live albums and singles ("In Person," "On Stage," "TTWII," "An American Trilogy" single, "MSG," "Aloha," "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis," "Moody Blue," "Elvis In Concert" and "America" and "Softly As I Leave You." A seventies box set should have focused primarily on Elvis' studio output from that decade. All of this is kind of a moot point, now that "The Complete Elvis Presley Masters" box set is out. As for that set, I would have liked to have seen more of the rarities.

Daryl

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am

Skip these sets , it's water under the bridge.

Instead what about a vinyl box set of the Complete masters set ? :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Thekingstillrocks wrote:Skip these sets , it's water under the bridge.

Instead what about a vinyl box set of the Complete masters set ? :mrgreen:

Now that would be an awsome release and I would pay a pretty penny for it.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Daryl wrote:In my opinion, I think they actually messed up when they did the 60's boxset. All of the gospel selections from Nashville should have been on there ("His Hand In Mine" and "How Great Thou Art" albums along with "We Call On Him" and "You'll Never Walk Alone." If that meant expanding the set to six discs, so be it. Furthermore, I think that the "Command Performances" should have been a full-fledged box set consisting of all of the 1960's movie soundtracks. A box set, similiar to the one done in 2008, should have been done just for the '68 television special. A "Live Across America" boxset should have been done to cover the live albums and singles ("In Person," "On Stage," "TTWII," "An American Trilogy" single, "MSG," "Aloha," "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis," "Moody Blue," "Elvis In Concert" and "America" and "Softly As I Leave You." A seventies box set should have focused primarily on Elvis' studio output from that decade. All of this is kind of a moot point, now that "The Complete Elvis Presley Masters" box set is out. As for that set, I would have liked to have seen more of the rarities.

Daryl

I agree Daryl. Really they should have done it right and presented the whole story for box sets, especally since the fifties one was so well received, I understand there not being more alternates for the masters set myself though. There are a few things I would have liked included that weren't but all in all it is pretty stunning.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Ernst had a 5 cd maximum output to represent each decade, you have to remember that he answers to people too!!