Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Non-political elephant likes both parties..."

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 pm

This promo picture was sent from Paramount Pictures Corporation to the press. On the other side there is a picture where is Elvis, Barbara Stanwyck and elephant. I couldn't find that picture just now, but you all know that one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "Non-political elephant likes both parties..."

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:06 pm

What's the point here ? seriously ?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Thekingstillrocks wrote:What's the point here ? seriously ?

Using elephant in the picture. Elephant is Republican party's mascot.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:52 pm

that's what i'm trying to figure out

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm

What's so complicated?

It's an election-themed Elvis memorabilia post on Election Day.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:

that's what i'm trying to figure out

Please, read on the text in the picture. I try to explain: Republican party's mascot is elephant. Because Elvis and Barbara Stanwyck were WITH elephant on that picture, DID NOT meant that they supported Republican party.

If you are Americans, you understand this case.

I attached picture of the front side and Republican party's mascot, which is elephant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:41 pm

ok then...but who would think they supported republican party, just because they were with an elephant?? because an elephant is their mascot, doesn't automatically mean that you support them, just because you are with an elephant, does it?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:ok then...but who would think they supported republican party, just because they were with an elephant?? because an elephant is their mascot, doesn't automatically mean that you support them, just because you are with an elephant, does it?

Yes, that's right. If you use Pepsi t-shirt doesn't that you like Pepsi soft drink!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:ok then...but who would think they supported republican party, just because they were with an elephant?? because an elephant is their mascot, doesn't automatically mean that you support them, just because you are with an elephant, does it?

It didn't make too much sense to me until I read the text on the photo.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 am

Nice post, considering it is election day in the USA. Have ya' all been voting, guys and ladies? Enjoy the day...

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 am

Is there a photo of Elvis and Lee Majors with a donkey?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 am

PetriTCB wrote:

Yes, that's right. If you use Pepsi t-shirt doesn't that you like Pepsi soft drink!

i wouldn't compare it with that. i wouldn't wear a t-shirt with something on that i don't like

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 am

Elvis didn't vote nor take political sides. I don't think he even registered to vote in his lifetime. The only time that Elvis got political was when the city of Memphis tried to keep a group of black teenagers from having their own day at the fairgrounds and Elvis sat in with them in protest. It worked too as they got their day and Elvis partied with them.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am

Where's the picture of Elvis with the 'bama non-political elephant?

rjm (I miss IPA, already! And it's getting into the real HEART of football season! I'll have to "carry the ball" all by myself! :smt002 )

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:42 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is there a photo of Elvis and Lee Majors with a donkey?

OK, fine.

Is there at least a shot of Elvis with Charlie seated on a burro, wearing a sombrero?