Post here your Elvis' pictures

Could these have been taken on the same date?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:04 pm

In photo posted by Energy Catalzyer in September, odd appearance of Elvis trousers was credited to chaps, but I never noticed them in any of the other "riding photos". In the other one, is Elvis wearing chaps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Could these have been taken on the same date?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 pm

just a guess because its way out of my area of interest but I would say no. The first photo looks like it may have been taken at the Circle G while the second was taken at Graceland. Also, the pants/chaps in the first photo have fringe or tassels on the side where the second photo shows something different

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 pm

No sideburns on the first one, I think.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Elvis looks a little heavier in the first one. I'd say that one was from 1966.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 am

The first picture I believe to be at Circle G ranch in 1967 (he didn't have Circle G in 1966) and likely taken just prior to the filming of "Clambake". The second picture is at Graceland on February 10th 1968.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 am

Ouch! When the first photo was being discussed, I hunted and hunted for some sign of chaps, and never saw the little white strip along his left hip and thigh. (Does anyone still have the brightened copy? I didn't get to see that, and would like to.)

Can I withdraw my question? (We need a smiley that looks like a head lowered in shame....) Instead I'll just take my dunce cap and retire to the far corner.

Thanks, folks, for setting me straight. Guess I'd been looking a photos too long this morning.