Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm

so i guess this is a definite answer that the opening night isn't on soundboard.
releasing an improved audience tape of the opening show would be more fitting to accompany to rehearsal i think

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm

I for one love the vinyl stuff the most because of how great they look and sound. These CD"s look excellent as well.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:43 pm

The undubbed master of Suspicious Minds at last, looking forward to that.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:47 pm

I wonder if any of the rehearsal exists on film:same day, isnt it?
Image

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I guess we'll have to wait for the next batch for "Elvis' 40 Greatest."

Damn!

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Who is that guy with Elvis, is it a person from RCA?

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Yes, that would be this feller here.

Image

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:I wonder if any of the rehearsal exists on film:same day, isnt it?
Image



Man...does he look 'HOT' there........... :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Elvis looks pretty good, too.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Rob wrote:Elvis looks pretty good, too.


I just know 'someone' would do that.........pmsl

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Let's face it, good ol' George must have been beating them off with a stick wearing those stomach-high trousers and the "I found this in the back of my closet" casual dress shirt!!!

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 am

debtd1 wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:I wonder if any of the rehearsal exists on film:same day, isnt it?
Image



Man...does he look 'HOT' there........... :smt007 :smt007 :smt007


You just want that big disc he's holding.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 am

Unusual seeing Elvis in jeans other than movies and horse riding.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:06 am

Very nice cover for Paradise Road! I will be getting these from Santa for sure!

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:11 am

norrie wrote:Unusual seeing Elvis in jeans other than movies and horse riding.

Look to be something other than jeans -- maybe corduroy.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 am

He looked very good in the film footage shot that day. Much healthier looking than On Tour.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 pm

The 3000 South Paradise Road cover looks fantastic! One of the best from FTD....hands down.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Indeed . . . looks like it will be a beautiful package, especially as a 7" FTD release. Looks like Hans did an awesome job again, as he did with "48 Hours To Memphis. He's a talented designer.

Image

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 pm

The “3000 SOUTH PARADISE ROAD” especially is going to be a real gem.

The rehearsal is pretty decent audio, better than I expected.

‘Blueberry Hill’ is a nice relaxed version, Elvis does not exert himself too much, but it has a lovely lazy feel to it. Typical Elvis lyric changes about taking the pill, etc.

‘Little Sister’ starts with a fade in – the first verse missing.

‘My Babe’ is a notch faster than the ’69 version, not as groovy. Very interesting James Burton guitar solo not heard in other versions.

‘True Love Travels’ is not the rehearsal that we know. This one is actually better – vocally very close to the ’69 master.

The good news is... There's a lot more where this came from.

Audio has been done by Lene Reidel.

Those that only know the August 12 Dinner Show from the bootleg are in for a treat. The audio is fantastic. Hard to believe that it’s a soundboard,
as it really sounds like a pro recording. The difference is like night and day. Audio done by NHAC at Sony NYC.

Frieser and Slebos have collected many rare, great photos for the packaging, and the 7 inch packaging really does them justice. They also found lots of cool memorabilia, documents, etc.

I can’t wait to have this one in my hands. This is going to be one of FTD's best releases so far (I know, quite a statement, but I stand by it). Amazing that stunning releases like this are still coming out after all these years.
Last edited by Rock Legend on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Rock Legend wrote:The “3000 SOUTH PARADISE ROAD” especially is going to be a real gem.

The rehearsal is pretty decent audio, better than I expected.

‘Blueberry Hill’ is a nice relaxed version, Elvis does not exert himself too much, but it has a lovely lazy feel to it. Typical Elvis lyric changes about taking the pill, etc.

‘Little Sister’ starts with a fade in – the first verse missing.

‘My Babe’ is a notch faster than the ’69 version, not as groovy. Very interesting James Burton guitar solo not heard in other versions.

‘True Love Travels’ is not the rehearsal that we know. This one is actually better – vocally very close to the ’69 master.

The good news is... There's a lot more where this came from.

Audio has been done by Lene Reidel.

Those that only know the August 12 Dinner Show from the bootleg are in for a treat. The audio is fantastic. Hard to believe that it’s a soundboard,
as it really sounds like a pro recording. The difference is like night and day. Audio done by DHAC at Sony NYC.

Frieser and Slebos have collected many rare, great photos for the packaging, and the 7 inch packaging really does them justice. They also found lots of cool memorabilia, documents, etc.

I can’t wait to have this one in my hands. This is going to be one of FTD's best releases so far (I know, quite a statement, but I stand by it). Amazing that stunning releases like this are still coming out after all these years.

I agree and I hope we get it delivered for christmas...

From Hawaii to Vegas was compelling...

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Rock Legend, could you elaborate who or what DHAC stands for?

Thanks! ::rocks

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Can't wait for this thing. And the well-thought out 7" packaging with booklets/info etc is the way forward to keep interest up in the non-studio releases IMO. I know they don't match the earlier 5" ones, but I couldn't care less when we're getting proper packaging instead of those old empty digpacks.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:02 pm

This '72 rehearsal and show is definitely something to look forward to, especially with the sound quality on the show that Rock Legend describes. However, that Back In Memphis FTD will be nothing to sneeze at. To have all of these '69 outtakes in fabulous sound will make for a very enjoyable experience.

Both of the December releases are, without a doubt, something to look forward to.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Rock Legend wrote:The good news is... There's a lot more where this came from.

Do FTD own more rehearsals like this?

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:07 am

@ Sebastian: I don't know what these initials stand for. Just found out it's NHAC, not DHAC.

Here's the FTD flyer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rock Legend on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.