Off Topic Messages

OBAMA HAS WON

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 am

The first votes for New Hampshire are in, and Obama is leading.

Let's get this victory party rolling? :)

(And, yes, this post is just good-natured fun. Too soon to mean anything, of course.)
Last edited by elvissessions on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Obama winning already ;)

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 am

elvissessions wrote:The first votes for New Hampshire are in, and Obama is leading.

Let's get this victory party rolling? :)

(And, yes, this post is just good-natured fun. Too soon to mean anything, of course.)

Well, the first "Tuesday" votes; people have been voting for weeks now. I gotta go check. Oh, I'll never sleep tonight!

Yup, it's "on."

DIXVILLE NOTCH, N.H. — Residents of two tiny villages in northern New Hampshire headed to the polls at midnight, casting the first Election Day votes in the nation.

After 43 seconds of voting, President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney each had 5 votes in Dixville Notch.

In Hart’s Location, Obama had won with 23 votes, Romney received 9 and Libertarian Gary Johnson received 1 vote. Thirty-three votes were cast in 5 minutes, 42 seconds.

The towns have been enjoying their first-vote status since 1948 and it’s a matter of pride to get everyone to the polls.

Hart’s Location Selectman Mark Dindorf says you could call it a friendly competition to see who gets votes tallied first, although he says Hart’s Location is a town and Dixville Notch is a precinct.

Thanks!

rjm

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 am

Please see my "It's Election Day" thread.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire:

Obama and Romney tied!

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-romney-tie- ... itics.html

You might want to change your mis-leading thread title.

RKS

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:

Obama and Romney tied!

RKS

Thanks RKS! 8)
Last edited by ian on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Oh, I can appreciate the humour. Obama winning already is funny. :lol:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Apparently you conservatives haven't seen the results from Hart's Location, where Romney was crushed, winning a mere 9 votes to Obama's 23!

So, if you want to count only Tuesday votes, or all of the absentee ballots that have been cast, it is 100% accurate to say that Obama is 'winning' already.

Gonna be a short (but painful) night for those in the Romney camp.
Last edited by KingOfTheJungle on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Obama and Romney tied!

You might want to change your misleading POST instead.

In Hart's Location, Obama had won with 23 votes, Romney received 9 and Libertarian Gary Johnson received 2 votes. Thirty-three votes were cast in 5 minutes, 42 seconds.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Several unbiased electoral projections have Obama ahead.

Anything can happen, but right now the end result is becoming pretty clear.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:05 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:Gonna be a short (but painful) night for those in the Romney camp.

Even shorter than McCain's night four years ago?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 pm

intheghetto wrote:

End result becoming clear? You do realize that the election polls are still open for another 6 hours, right? NO votes have been counted yet.

The Republicans haven't voted yet because they have to work during the day. :wink:

Check back around 10pm tonight to see if we have a winner yet.

RKS

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm

It ain't over till you see this image on your TV screen .......... :smt003

Miss Fat Lady Of The Opera Singing Her Rendition Of The Richard Harris Classic "My Boy"

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:38 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:intheghetto wrote:

End result becoming clear? You do realize that the election polls are still open for another 6 hours, right? NO votes have been counted yet.

The Republicans haven't voted yet because they have to work during the day. :wink:

Check back around 10pm tonight to see if we have a winner yet.

RKS

If you actually read my post you would have seen the word 'projections', in other words prediction, forecast, that kind of thing. You are familiar with that kind of idea. No? When you see the weather man on TV that's what he's doing. Telling you what he thinks is going to happen according to hard data. Most of the time when they tell you it's going to be sunny out, it is. Sometimes though, they're wrong. That's why the sentence that you so graciously posted here, out of context, was the follow up thought. But for you and your 'group' out of context ideas are the principal method of communication. Whatever. It's just more hot air in the atmosphere....

See you at the finish line.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 am

Obama should win New Hampshire.

If he ends up loosing it then that's a bad thing for him.

The polls don't even close for another couple of hours.

Oh Obama's winning New Hampshire we can wrap this up early because it will be a landslide victory :roll:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 am

intheghetto wrote:
If you actually read my post ...

Oh I read your post, but elections are not about predictions, projections, or forecasts. At this point, it's all a guessing game - much like a weather forecast - which most of the time even that is wrong.

Why don't we wait for the actual votes to be counted to see who wins the election. Not predictions, projections, or even EXIT POLLS - but the actual vote!

RKS

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:
Oh I read your post

Oh...no you didn't

elections are not about predictions, projections, or forecasts. At this point, it's all a guessing game - much like a weather forecast - which most of the time even that is wrong.

Obviously you weren't in the northeast last week.

Why don't we wait for the actual votes to be counted to see who wins the election. Not predictions, projections, or even EXIT POLLS - but the actual vote!

Again, if you read my post you would've read the following: 'anything can happen'. Go back and read it and you'll see. What you think you read and what was written are two different things.

Thanks....

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am

carolynlm wrote:It's only a simple question?????

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G12/closi ... ?format=gc

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 am

They closed at 6:00 here -- about 48 minutes ago.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 am

Take it easy, King of the Jungle. I posted when voting had barely begun, and was just appreciating the humour of the post. Can't you take a joke? Does everything have to be returned as an insult? You Dems really need to take a chill pill.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:04 am

OK several hours later now.

Feeling very fearful for you guys at the moment. The last thing you need is another four years! Good grief, the country will be devastated by 2016. :(

Re: OBAMA HAS WON

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 am

They're calling it, and I'm pretty sure they're calling it right!

OBAMA WINS!!!!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 am

Yes!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:24 am

So long, Mitt! My signature will remain unchanged for the next four years.

Well done, boys and girls!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 am

It's a wonderful night for our great nation, a victory of hope and progress over fear and retrenchment.

God has blessed America!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 am

Mitt didn't have enough MONEY to buy the Presidency!!! :wink: