Off Topic Messages

Tcb-World

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:16 pm

anyone here having problems?....I haven't been able to get onto the site for a few days

Re: Tcb-World

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:33 pm

same here

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm

I've been trying but it says, The web page cannot be found! :? Very strange indeed, and as I was going to type that, Kramer on Seinfeld said,"That was very strange." That's happened a lot in my life, as an adult especially,where I think something and somebody says it! (tv,radio etc.) 8)

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Somebody must know what's going on with the TCB site? 8)

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

it's been days now...strange

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Ok well at least I know it's not just me experiencing problems, I've checked the twitter and nothing on there about the problems. Hope it's not a permanent thing.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm

one or two of the mods are members here aren't they?.....Matt I think is?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 am

Why is nobody able to give more info, considering this site has been such a big part of the Elvis world? Did aliens come down and zap everything away or something? :? 8)

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 am

ian wrote:Why is nobody able to give more info, considering this site has been such a big part of the Elvis world? Did aliens come down and zap everything away or something? :? 8)

That site has always had problems.

once in a while someone that is a member there can't get on the site so they post a thread on FECC asking what's wrong with TCB-world.

We've had several threads on this forum over the past 3 or 4 years about it.

TCB-world will be okay for a couple of months then they will be down for 3 or 4 days.
It goes in cycles.

I think it's because they have always had a crappy server and they never could get it to work right.

TCB-world will be back up when it's back up.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 am

me to, but i've seen the site go down before. I reckon another 2 or 3 days it will be back up. It will be a server glitch or they had to change servers.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 pm

I just tried to log in there and got a 404 server error. Perhaps they are updating the website.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm

i know they've always had problems, but since i haven't really used any message boards in a long time i thought they would have sorted it out by now. i guess some things will never change....just like some things will never change on FECC either........
Last edited by Elvisgirl on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 pm

brian wrote:
ian wrote:Why is nobody able to give more info, considering this site has been such a big part of the Elvis world? Did aliens come down and zap everything away or something? :? 8)

That site has always had problems.

once in a while someone that is a member there can't get on the site so they post a thread on FECC asking what's wrong with TCB-world.

We've had several threads on this forum over the past 3 or 4 years about it.

ha! yea, i was just waiting for someone to start a thread about it

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 am

TCB World is back :smt006

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm

:smt023 finally

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 pm

no, the site is closed :wtf:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm

They haven't renewed their domain name. It expired on the 20th January

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

memphisto wrote:They haven't renewed their domain name. It expired on the 20th January

Geez..... :facep: :wtf: :roll:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

memphisto wrote:They haven't renewed their domain name. It expired on the 20th January

Geez - thats a shame - I cant believe this has happened - ive been visiting the site for years - :o

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 am

karlos wrote:

Geez - thats a shame - I cant believe this has happened - ive been visiting the site for years - :o

They have just over a month to renew the domain after the expiry date. They then have another month or so to renew the domain but it will cost a lot more to renew it.

I dont know who administers the domain but they may just have forgotten their login, been on holiday or have an illness

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

If they were just going to close the site by not renewing it then why not tell all the posters there.

Give them all a nice heads up.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 am

Tony Trout wrote:

Geez..... :facep: :wtf: :roll:

I've never seen that before with ANY major site! Usually, if you're going to close down, you close it down. You don't just wait for it to expire! That is peculiar. I closed a site down last year, due to an overage charges dispute with the hosting company. Before I did, I posted that "(Site Name) is temporarily closed. We'll be back." I didn't say when, because I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it (I rather like Tumbler, and might move the content there instead - the 'net has changed, and I don't like learning HTML5 at all). And then I shut it. But anyone who was following it, they saw it coming, and had a message. I own the name, and will for many years. It's bizarre to give up the name.

rjm

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:00 pm

memphisto wrote:
karlos wrote:

They have just over a month to renew the domain after the expiry date. They then have another month or so to renew the domain but it will cost a lot more to renew it.

I dont know who administers the domain but they may just have forgotten their login, been on holiday or have an illness

memphisto, how long would after renewal does it take for a site to get back online?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm

memphisto wrote:
karlos wrote:

What really "bites" is the fact that I've seen this happen TOO MUCH with TCB-World. I know they are probably still trying to recover from the loss of one of their Mods, Tommy, and I don't blame them - but letting the domain name expire is senseless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
memphisto wrote:
karlos wrote:

memphisto, how long would after renewal does it take for a site to get back online?

It depends on propagation of the DNS and where you are in the world. In some cases where you are on the same ISP and/or in the same part of the world it can update within an hour, it can take up to 2 days though I have never seen that happen in recent times so I would actually say less than a day.