Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:13 pm

ian wrote:I don't agree with all of the constant drug talk crap and looking pale,blah,blah,blah, and I love his 1972 version of Release Me, and also Funny how time slips Away is great (amongst many others) and he is his regular super cool and humble self!!!!! 8) You have to stick up for Elvis in 1977 and '76,'72,'73.'74............... :roll:

i agree. i don't understand why it always has to be mentioned :(

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:15 pm

1970 for me, but the more laid-back '72 versions are still enjoyable.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:i agree. i don't understand why it always has to be mentioned :(

If the negative stuff shall not be mentioned, than please also don't mention the good stuff. We already know that Elvis had a great voice and that we all like his style of performing.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:25 pm

i didn't say not to mention ANY negative stuff about him. just that i don't understand why the drug issues has to be mentioned all the time

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:i didn't say not to mention ANY negative stuff about him. just that i don't understand why the drug issues has to be mentioned all the time

Agreed - It's being used totally disproportionately and for periods and times when it was not a factor in anything as in this case.

You like the Greensboro version fine, you prefer another version fine as well. Both versions sound fine to me.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm

ian wrote:I don't agree with all of the constant drug talk crap and looking pale,blah,blah,blah, and I love his 1972 version of Release Me, and also Funny how time slips Away is great (amongst many others) and he is his regular super cool and humble self!!!!! 8) You have to stick up for Elvis in 1977 and '76,'72,'73.'74............... :roll:

I don't think it's a case of Elvis sounding over-medicated at all... the song itself just sounds sluggish including the way Elvis sings it... it reminds me of the June 26, 1977 performance. The Greensboro show has some great performances and Elvis appears to be in great spirits (certainly not over-medicated from what I can see) and the show includes my all time favorite version of Bridge Over Troubled Water... and American Trilogy is excellent as well. I love when he knocks the girls out at the end of Funny How Time Slips Away. I think the show as a whole is outstanding but that version of Release Me just doesn't stand up to his February 1970 recordings IMO.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

he was at the top of his game in '70'

some of my favourite tracks came after this......but (imo) his vocal control was in a steady downhill slope 70 onwards

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

FredAistair wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:i didn't say not to mention ANY negative stuff about him. just that i don't understand why the drug issues has to be mentioned all the time

Agreed - It's being used totally disproportionately and for periods and times when it was not a factor in anything as in this case.

exactly!! it's uncalled for in most cases

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
FredAistair wrote:

MOST CASES?!? Elvis had "stuff" in his system almost all the time. Why? Because he liked the buzz he got from it...however, everything very quickly slid downhill after the separation and divorce and his drug use escalated BIG-TIME and he began taking the stuff to help him go to sleep and be awake.

To redeem myself for the drug talk, I'll say this: Elvis was clean as a whistle while performing the 1972 version of this song. *insert sarcasm*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
FredAistair wrote:

MOST CASES?!? Elvis had "stuff" in his system almost all the time. Why? Because he liked the buzz he got from it...however, everything very quickly slid downhill after the separation and divorce and his drug use escalated BIG-TIME and he began taking the stuff to help him go to sleep and be awake.

To redeem myself for the drug talk, I'll say this: Elvis was clean as a whistle while performing the 1972 version of this song. *insert sarcasm*

Absolutely amazing in that case, because most of the time he still sounded better than all those health dudes who were working out and living clean.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Some of you people are just plain nuts !!!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm

This song is actually pure country song but this time Elvis wants to add blues beat and feeling like he did She Think I Still Care (Alternate Take 2B) that's what I like...
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Erhan wrote:This song is actually pure country song but this time Elvis wants to add blues beat and feeling like he did She Think I Still Care (Alternate Take 2B) that's what I like...
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I think you're giving Elvis too much credit...

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 pm

FredAistair wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
FredAistair wrote:

Absolutely amazing in that case, because most of the time he still sounded better than all those health dudes who were working out and living clean.

elvis always sounded amazing...

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Erhan wrote:This song is actually pure country song but this time Elvis wants to add blues beat and feeling like he did She Think I Still Care (Alternate Take 2B) that's what I like...
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I think you're giving Elvis too much credit...

Yeh, your right, Elvis sucked, he died when he went into the army !

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm

minkahed wrote:Yeh, your right, Elvis sucked, he died when he went into the army !

My thoughts exactly... :roll:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

minkahed wrote:Yeh, your right, Elvis sucked, he died when he went into the army !

what the hell?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:

what the hell?

I think thats minkahed's way of saying, it's worthless persuing a dialog with elvis fan on this subject.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 pm

FredAistair wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

what the hell?

I think thats minkahed's way of saying, it's worthless persuing a dialog with elvis fan on this subject.

Is Bellevue handing out day passes again? Oh good for you... you must be behaving yourself...

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
FredAistair wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

what the hell?

Is Bellevue handing out day passes again? Oh good for you... you must be behaving yourself...

I see youv'e managed to get one as well!