Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Touchdown Releases Midnight Delight & Glitter Of Nightli

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 am

Lisa Rose wrote:
dougkapp wrote:Cancelled The Request Box deserves to be reprint... It sold very quickly and now is already sold out. The same for Good Be Back Again and the TTWII rehearsals. Classical import releases !!

I have that release and it's great, indeed. Though i have a feeling that the incomplete august 19 1975 M/S on CD1 runs too fast. Elvis sounds like a chipmonk. Though i may be wrong, of course.
What do you think?

Based on the sound sample I posted above, the speed sounds fine to me... I believe the key is correct.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 pm

I was talking to a fan club pres last month and he said there was a time when soundboard recordings came out that audience recordings were put down. Has the tide turned?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

GOOD QUALITY 'audience ' is 'fine' BAD quality audience recordings are painful to listen too. :roll:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm

YDKM wrote:GOOD QUALITY 'audience ' is 'fine' BAD quality audience recordings are painful to listen too. :roll:

Thats a good point.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 pm

I would certainly rate the August 19, 1975 MS audience recording as very good sound quality... unless this new release has done something to change that I'll definitely be ordering it.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Late, but still, I received the CDs "Midnight Delight" and "Glitter Of The Night Life". Both releases are packaged very well and are very nice to look at. But it's not just the artwork and the booklet, the recordings are also a pleasure to listen to. I was especially impressed by the second disc of the "Glitter" release. Without doubt this is one of the best audience recordings I have ever heared! The other one, "Midnight Delight", cannot match this beauty, but still belongs to the best offline-recordings and presents a somewhat tired, but nevertheless entertaining Elvis show with some rarely performed songs.

For all collectors of quality releases these two are must-haves! :D

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Well i finally bought and played today 'glitter of the nightlife' by touchdown label release. Firstly in the not bad booklet they made a GLARING ERROR on the back page...they state that Jerry Scheff is playing Bass in August 1973!~ :oops: :oops: :oops:
other than that it sounds pretty good the 10th August 73' dinner show has about 8.5/10 audience sound quality and the notable point is Elvis mucking up the words to 'my boy' quite badly!~ decent show though! also 'Bridge' from same day M/S is great performance WITH reprise and good sound too... however r/t of the disc finishes upon 63 minutes!~
Disc #2 has a 67 minute r/t and fantastic audience 9/10 sound for the short but extremely well sung 19th August 73' M/S
bonus of a partial 11th August 1973 M/S in 8/10 sound is ok too. enough slight variations in the shows to hold my interest and i played the 19th M/S again because the sound was so impressive!~ worthwhile release for me to buy-especially as i hadn't got any of the previous releases of these shows. 8) :D not as good $$ value as say the 26th August 1973 SA double show release but still a nice collection :smt004