Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

what was the reason for elvis writing his will in march 77

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:33 am

hello ,

i was reading a older post in the jungle room about billy smith and the talk about elvis writing his will in march of 77 and telling billy he was taken care of in it . that has alway's bothered me in the fact that why did elvis write his will in march of 77 . what made him feel like he should , did he think " hey i could dye in 5 month's so i better be safe than sorry . i just find it a bit odd that elvis would write his will in march 1977 and then die 5 month's later in august . if he had wriiten it a few years before then i would not have thought about it , but writing it and then dying just a few months later has alway's bothered me . what prompted elvis to write his will in march , was he thinking he could be dying soon . i have read all the book's from all the mm guy's and familey and they have mentioned several times that elvis nor vernon even like to think death and would not talk about , they never like to discuss it or talk about it so just out if curiosty why did he do it . ::rocks

Re: what was the reason for elvis writing his will in march

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 am

I don't have the details but I don't believe his will was written in 1977... only modified at that time.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 am

Most people write wills and update them from time to time as people come in and out of their lives, circumstances change etc. I wrote a couple of FECC members out of my own will just a couple of days ago. I have no idea who I'll leave my FTD of Hits of the 70s to now.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 am

The 'Specific reasons given at the time were':- because of the forthcoming flight to Hawaii....NOT saying this is a good reason but reason was given at the time.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am

poormadpeter wrote:Most people write wills and update them from time to time as people come in and out of their lives, circumstances change etc. I wrote a couple of FECC members out of my own will just a couple of days ago. I have no idea who I'll leave my FTD of Hits of the 70s to now.

You mean...

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

elviscollector101 wrote: what prompted elvis to write his will in march , was he thinking he could be dying soon

Yes.
Elvis knew his time was up.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm

what was the reason for elvis writing his will in march 77

So he could fake his death?.. is this the answer you are looking for?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:35 pm

promiseland wrote:what was the reason for elvis writing his will in march 77

He lived happily ever after and smiles when reading this board on his hidding place in South America... :shock: A man can have thousands of reasons to modify a Will. Only this weekend I made preparations to set up a to arrange the future of my kids. I am 40 years of age and have no intention of leaving soon but those things have to be arranged. Probably Elvis thought the same.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm

promiseland wrote:what was the reason for elvis writing his will in march 77

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:01 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Most people write wills and update them from time to time as people come in and out of their lives, circumstances change etc. I wrote a couple of FECC members out of my own will just a couple of days ago. I have no idea who I'll leave my FTD of Hits of the 70s to now.

:lol: :D

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

elviscollector101 wrote:. what made him feel like he should , did he think " hey i could dye in 5 month's so i better be safe than sorry .

how could he have known he was dying in 5 months? he wasn't psychic

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Just leave it to the Doc, he thinks it is another great invention by FTD and it perfectly illustrates his opinions: all previously released!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
elviscollector101 wrote:. what made him feel like he should , did he think " hey i could dye in 5 month's so i better be safe than sorry .

The Elvis hairdresser was though wasn't he? Maybe he told him to it. I'm not being sarcastic by the way.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:

absolutely....'ordinary' people change wills when re-evaluating their personal circumstances. Elvis was no different

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm

debtd1 wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

absolutely....'ordinary' people change wills when re-evaluating their personal circumstances. Elvis was no different

and the fact that he did it 5 months before he died was just a coincidence

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm

YDKM wrote:The 'Specific reasons given at the time were':- because of the forthcoming flight to Hawaii....NOT saying this is a good reason but reason was given at the time.

maybe he was afraid the plane would crash or that there would be a huge tsunami that would wipe hawaii out or maybe he was afraid of being eaten by a shark.. :shock:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm

People updates there wills from time to time.

particularly wealthy people like Elvis in case something happens.

It's a good thing to have a will in those circumstances.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 pm

brian wrote:People updates there wills from time to time.

particularly wealthy people like Elvis in case something happens.

It's a good thing to have a will in those circumstances.

Well, the fortunate thing is that he did not leave his legacy and fortunes to Ginger Alden...

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Be nice if someone knew when he originally wrote his will...

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm

As long as we're on the subject I wonder what changes he made to his will in March '77 that he felt were necessary. I'm guessing maybe his last will was made up before Lisa Marie was born? Or before the divorce? Mind you surely his lawyer would have made him change his will once he and Cilla separated/divorced..?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:31 am

I'm just glad he didn't leave the Mafia anything.