Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:15 pm

BEST PICTURE & SOUND QUALITY
phpBB [video]



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue67RADgwas

Which version you like more 1970 or (This) 1972 ?
Last edited by Erhan on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm

I like the 1970 version ALOT BETTER...he sounds tired and way too over-medicated during this performance.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

this one is my favorite
[youtube]http://youtu.be/NkZGoj6dYo8[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZGoj6dYo8
Last edited by Elvisgirl on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 pm

something wrong with youtube codes may be youtube did some chances so forum not show the videos :? do you know why?

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Erhan wrote:something wrong with youtube codes may be youtube did some chances so forum not show the videos :? do you know why?

i don't know...i only just realized that when i posted this video :|

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 pm

I much prefer the 1970 version from 'on stage', Elvis is in better voice and the band sound better too. However, I do like the 1972 version also, It is nicely sung by Elvis and he seems to enjoy the performance too.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I like the 1970 version ALOT BETTER...he sounds tired and way too over-medicated during this performance.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



That's funny!!

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:03 pm

I prefer the 1970 version - vocally - and performance -
Its much stronger and well presented -
Its much rockier thats what I mean -
................................................................................

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:this one is my favorite
[youtube]http://youtu.be/NkZGoj6dYo8[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZGoj6dYo8


yes good version but don't you think it is rush version?

1972 version more slow and you can feel the pain and his feelings...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue67RADgwas

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm

The 1970 ON STAGE master kicks ass as does the other available February multi-track and the rehearsal. The band are cookin' and Elvis' decision to sing the lyrics with agression rather than sorrow gives it an whole new feel. Wonderful stuff.

The Greensboro version pales in comparison with the band on half-burn and Elvis sounding half asleep.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 am

i love this one
phpBB [video]

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 am

Erhan wrote:something wrong with youtube codes may be youtube did some chances so forum not show the videos :? do you know why?


something went wrong with ur video, i can't seem to play it. it just keep on buffering while every other video plays.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 am

IMO, 1970 is a lot better.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 am

erhan's video works fine for me, but i don't understand how you posted the video Johnny2523? i clicked on the youtube button when writing a reply...?

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am

I prefer the 1972 version. To say he's over medicated is misguided - you just have to see him having laughing and having fun before the show as seen in This Is Elvis to see he's having a ball, and in good spirits for this show.

Those who remember I Can't Stop Loving You at Hampton Roads from The Lost Performances will remember it came about because Elvis called out for Release Me, and Glen played the wrong intro, so he just went with it, but you can see the amusement with the rest of the band. Now, with Release Me at Greensboro, you can hear Elvis call out for I Can't Stop Loving You as a joke with the band about what happened in Hampton.

There are plenty of other moments in Greensboro that show he's sharp as a tack, like when he lambasts the guards for not letting the girl take a scarf during Funny How Time Slips Away, then throws a ring in to the crowd as if to spite the guards and make them earn their pay!

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am

DarrylMac wrote:Those who remember I Can't Stop Loving You at Hampton Roads from The Lost Performances will remember it came about because Elvis called out for Release Me, and Glen played the wrong intro, so he just went with it, but you can see the amusement with the rest of the band. Now, with Release Me at Greensboro, you can hear Elvis call out for I Can't Stop Loving You as a joke with the band about what happened in Hampton

you talking about this video I guess
phpBB [video]

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 am

DarrylMac wrote:I prefer the 1972 version. To say he's over medicated is misguided - you just have to see him having laughing and having fun before the show as seen in This Is Elvis to see he's having a ball, and in good spirits for this show.

Those who remember I Can't Stop Loving You at Hampton Roads from The Lost Performances will remember it came about because Elvis called out for Release Me, and Glen played the wrong intro, so he just went with it, but you can see the amusement with the rest of the band. Now, with Release Me at Greensboro, you can hear Elvis call out for I Can't Stop Loving You as a joke with the band about what happened in Hampton.

There are plenty of other moments in Greensboro that show he's sharp as a tack, like when he lambasts the guards for not letting the girl take a scarf during Funny How Time Slips Away, then throws a ring in to the crowd as if to spite the guards and make them earn their pay!


Good observations Darryl, I never noticed that before, thanks. It is an excellent show and one of Elvis' very best from 1972.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:The 1970 ON STAGE master kicks ass as does the other available February multi-tracks and the rehearsal. The band is cookin' and Elvis' decision to sing the lyrics with aggression rather than sorrow gives it an whole new feel. Wonderful stuff.

The Greensboro version pales in comparison with the band on half-burn and Elvis sounding half asleep.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 am

He's great in Greensboro, but Release Me is way better in 1970. I've yet to hear a post 1970 Release Me that I like. I Can't stop Loving You is much better, especially in Richmond.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am

Tony Trout wrote:I like the 1970 version ALOT BETTER...he sounds tired and way too over-medicated during this performance.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Oh here we go again, with the B.S. :roll:

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am

In 1970 RELEASE ME was a regular feature in the show, in 1972 it was not the case. So I cannot blame Elvis or his band for not playing the song as tight as they did two years earlier in Vegas.

But nevertheless I always thought that Elvis was slightly drugged in Greensboro. His face is pale and bloated and his eyes look a little glassy, too. But he still was in fine voice and delivered a very good show. Especially AN AMERICAN TRILOGY and BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER are outstanding!

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 am

I don't agree with all of the constant drug talk crap and looking pale,blah,blah,blah, and I love his 1972 version of Release Me, and also Funny how time slips Away is great (amongst many others) and he is his regular super cool and humble self!!!!! 8) You have to stick up for Elvis in 1977 and '76,'72,'73.'74............... :roll:

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Elvis did chance the sound and style in 1972 it's not good idea to compare two version but you may like one of them more all the songs played more raw rock style in 1969-1970 (feb) and band playing is more up front orchestra is occasionally use in few songs but in 1972 is new experience with big orchestra new arrangements slow down the set list.
This Release Me very different from 1970 that don't mean bad version bad singing. I like 2 versions sound of 1972 recording best concert recording IMHO.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

ian wrote:I don't agree with all of the constant drug talk crap and looking pale,blah,blah,blah, and I love his 1972 version of Release Me

According to another post from you, the King looked fine even in 1977. :mrgreen: But besides that, he doesn't look great just because you like the performance. These are two different things.

Re: RELEASE ME Greensboro Coliseum N.C 14th April 1972

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 pm

phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]