Off Topic Messages

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:42 am

Blue River wrote:
elvissessions wrote:It's called freedom. Real freedom. God bless America!

God is not going to bless America with your way of thinking and the actions of the spiritually lost.
I thank God that conservatives have the freedom to reject the ungodly things that liberals come up with! The "liberal" Abe Lincoln would be appalled and ashamed of what's going on in this country with the perverted liberal agenda of today.

The American liberals that I'm referring to are those that think affirmative action still has it's place in America even though the major downfall is that it now causes reverse discrimination to many in a generation of people that had absolutely nothing to do with what occurred in the U.S.A. 40/60/80+ years ago.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that show much more concern for a guilty murderer on death row than an innocent, defenseless unborn child in its mother's womb.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that don't have a problem with immigrants illegally coming into the U.S. unchecked.

The American liberals that I'm referring to are the ones that have fought (and still fight) to have any reference to God/Jesus removed from public schools. However, those same liberals usually turn a blind eye if "God" happens to be Allah, Buddha, etc.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that don't want the Ten Commandments posted in courtrooms, schools, or any other government public building.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that hate Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A's president, for giving the opinion that he supported "the biblical definition of the family unit" on the issue of gay marriage. So much for religious tolerance in this country.
Once again, this is a prime example of liberals being hypocritical when it comes to freedom of speech. They believe in it only if it benefits them and their agenda.
I'm glad Dan Cathy stood his ground. No one should be forced to change his or her beliefs. Mr. Cathy only gave his opinion on the subject because he was asked about the issue in an interview.
>> http://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/20 ... ntroversy/

The American liberals I'm talking about are the ones that are too foolish to understand the danger of personal debt and far too foolish to understand the concerns and dangers of our country being $16,000,000,000,000+ in debt!! >> http://www.usdebtclock.org/



elvissessions wrote:But for the rest of us, time moves on and humanity moves forward.
For example, actuarially speaking, most of us will live to see the once-unthinkable idea of gay marriage become commonly accepted.

Humanity certainly won't be moving forward with the legality of that abomination. God's Word never changes because the truth about sin will never be altered by mankind's perversions.

The following is what freedom, real freedom is all about --

Holy Bible (New Testament) - 1 John, chapter 1, verses 8 - 10 :
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.



elvissessions (and others), consider yourself informed and warned. Don't shoot me... I'm just the messenger.

Goodnight everyone! - Blue River


What you are basically saying in your diatribe is that your view of how we should live is more important because you are a Christian.

No-one is denying your right to adhere to or believe in the ten commandments.
No-one is denying your right to believe in God, or to teach your children about God.
What is being denied is your right to ram it down everybody elses throat at every opportunity.

You claim you are a Christian, but I have never come across anyone more unChristian in his views than you. Instead of loving your fellow man and forgiving them of what might be called "sins" by your religion, you use your religion as a facade to spread hate and prejudice at every opportunity on these boards and confuse it with political views and personal prejudices. I'm not a Christian, I never have been and never will be. But, if I were, I would certainly want to disassociate myself with the people like yourself that give your entire religion a bad name.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Angles wrote:
Blue River wrote:No, the big question:
Is Matthew an AMERICAN? 'Cause if not, what sane person cares about your worthless opinions? :smt023
The same goes for Angles and poormadpeter.



What qualifies you to decide which comments are worthless? The last time I checked this was an Elvis fans message board, not an American Elvis fans only board. The effects of an American presidency affect the World economy so I'm more than entitled to make any comments I wish to particularly when this thread is discussing a debate that we all saw. Feel free to start a 'Who will you vote for' thread and I'll quite happily stay out of that one as then I'd agree that my opinion would be worthless.

It's pretty clear to me that Obama won the debate comfortably. It was great to see him go on the offensive and at times cause Romney to appear rattled. His blunders when challenging Obama on his pension ("[mine] is not as big as yours.") and Libya (talk about missing an open goal) will hopefully live in the memories of American voters come polling time (including the 47% of American 'victims' he had effectively written off).

I appreciate your calm, clear response to both the topic and to the inexcusable behavior of some very nervous conservative members of this forum.

Again, it is noteworthy that not one of them addresses the hypocrisy of supporting a candidate in 2012 who would have brushed the Presley family -- and their reliance on government assistance when they were at their lowest -- under the rug back in the day.


I appreciate your calm, clear response to both the topic and to the inexcusable behavior of some very nervous conservative members of this forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If everybody could be as calm and wonderful as you Liberal Democrats! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
elvissessions wrote:It's called freedom. Real freedom. God bless America!

God is not going to bless America with your way of thinking and the actions of the spiritually lost.
I thank God that conservatives have the freedom to reject the ungodly things that liberals come up with! The "liberal" Abe Lincoln would be appalled and ashamed of what's going on in this country with the perverted liberal agenda of today.

The American liberals that I'm referring to are those that think affirmative action still has it's place in America even though the major downfall is that it now causes reverse discrimination to many in a generation of people that had absolutely nothing to do with what occurred in the U.S.A. 40/60/80+ years ago.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that show much more concern for a guilty murderer on death row than an innocent, defenseless unborn child in its mother's womb.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that don't have a problem with immigrants illegally coming into the U.S. unchecked.

The American liberals that I'm referring to are the ones that have fought (and still fight) to have any reference to God/Jesus removed from public schools. However, those same liberals usually turn a blind eye if "God" happens to be Allah, Buddha, etc.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that don't want the Ten Commandments posted in courtrooms, schools, or any other government public building.

The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that hate Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A's president, for giving the opinion that he supported "the biblical definition of the family unit" on the issue of gay marriage. So much for religious tolerance in this country.
Once again, this is a prime example of liberals being hypocritical when it comes to freedom of speech. They believe in it only if it benefits them and their agenda.
I'm glad Dan Cathy stood his ground. No one should be forced to change his or her beliefs. Mr. Cathy only gave his opinion on the subject because he was asked about the issue in an interview.
>> http://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/20 ... ntroversy/

The American liberals I'm talking about are the ones that are too foolish to understand the danger of personal debt and far too foolish to understand the concerns and dangers of our country being $16,000,000,000,000+ in debt!! >> http://www.usdebtclock.org/



elvissessions wrote:But for the rest of us, time moves on and humanity moves forward.
For example, actuarially speaking, most of us will live to see the once-unthinkable idea of gay marriage become commonly accepted.

Humanity certainly won't be moving forward with the legality of that abomination. God's Word never changes because the truth about sin will never be altered by mankind's perversions.

The following is what freedom, real freedom is all about --

Holy Bible (New Testament) - 1 John, chapter 1, verses 8 - 10 :
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.



elvissessions (and others), consider yourself informed and warned. Don't shoot me... I'm just the messenger.

Goodnight everyone! - Blue River


What you are basically saying in your diatribe is that your view of how we should live is more important because you are a Christian.

No-one is denying your right to adhere to or believe in the ten commandments.
No-one is denying your right to believe in God, or to teach your children about God.
What is being denied is your right to ram it down everybody elses throat at every opportunity.

You claim you are a Christian, but I have never come across anyone more unChristian in his views than you. Instead of loving your fellow man and forgiving them of what might be called "sins" by your religion, you use your religion as a facade to spread hate and prejudice at every opportunity on these boards and confuse it with political views and personal prejudices. I'm not a Christian, I never have been and never will be. But, if I were, I would certainly want to disassociate myself with the people like yourself that give your entire religion a bad name.


pmp (now that I've seen your blog, "Pete" seems odd -- well, anyway), it's "the currency." It's not an individual; it's in the air. Here in the U.S., at least. On the 'net, people - Christians, I should say, are putting up sites defending their existence AS Christians, because the Christian Right has basically denied their right to exist as Christians. This is a fairly new development, in my experience. In the '70s, I do not recall a political requirement for born-again or evangelical Christianity. In fact, there was not. Jimmy Carter was and IS (no matter what YOU say) a born-again Christian. No one denied that he was, then. They adjudicated his politics separate from his religion as I recall.

Back then, they wanted you to accept Jesus as your personal savior (whether you wished to or not, but that's another issue), allow yourself to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and thus be swept up with all those saved when the Rapture took place, which could happen at any moment. (I'm dead serious about this! I had thousands of pamphlets and booklets by the time I left the south, and a pile of free mini-New Testaments as high as the ceiling. I did leave most of them behind . . .)

So, this is a noxious vapor in the air - binding one's politics to one's beliefs, and no one knows how to open the windows.

The United States is NOT a theocracy, in any way shape or form. "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or restricting the free exercise thereof." It means what it says. It means you can do anything you wish, in terms of your creed, but the government - including institutions that receive funds from the govt. directly in their support, cannot "respect" the establishment of religion. Period. But now, that seems out the window. I don't want to live in Israel! That whole notion fits me about as well as O.J.'s chemically distorted glove! I don't do things, religiously, spiritually, as other people: I don't necessarily pray the prayers others want me to. I do it as I please! My family created our OWN traditions, not associated with any organized group. And I believe things that I want, and it's different - because it's not limited, and it's my right!

Who wants a PUBLIC, tax-supported school to tell YOUR kids how to pray???!!!??? Or even that they MUST pray?!? Suppose I share different ideas with them? If you want to pray in a public school, you are FREE TO DO SO, right now: just get together with like-minded people, and do so. But the employees cannot and should not lead the young people in prayer, because somebody is getting left out, and that's what they sought to protect against, so long ago. The provision is to PROTECT all our rights, not to impinge upon them. (I'm talking to brick walls, but what the heck.)

If a tradition is deemed "secular," then it's fair game. Every Christmas decoration is permitted to be officically recognized by the government except for one: The Nativity, which is part of a religious belief. "Frosty The Snowman" and "Rudolph" are not religious symbols, nor are trees, wreaths, or anything else.

I am not a "Christian," but I have a six and half foot Christmas Tree. I probably couldn't get away with this in Israel (???), but here, I can do whatever I want! And I don't call it a "Channukah Bush," because it's not. That's silly. I have no problem at all celebrating the birth of one of the greatest people in history. (And he is mentioned in an ancient history text.) Yes, there are other reasons, which is none of your affair, but even so, I like to celebrate his birth. But NO ONE ELSE SHOULD HAVE TO DO THAT! And you wouldn't do it as I do it, because your view is not like my view. This is America, and we can all do as we like!

This is a typical American Chanukkah Bush; it does not look like my tree, though! Mine's not blue, and I put whatever ornaments on it that I want. And some people don't want one at all. Some people don't even want any kind of candelabra. They do whatever it is they do. Don't you see? We are all FREE, here!

ChannukaBush_resize.jpg


Here's mine; a lot different! (Please do not share on Facebook; thank you. It has my home address, which I do NOT care to share with a billion people.)

phpBB [video]





I don't want this nation to be associated with a religious belief, because I rather love my country, as it is! Where I am free to believe as I like! I don't have to answer to anyone about this, not the government, not a public school, not anyone about what I choose to believe or how I choose to express that belief. I don't have to bow to anyone in regard to my belief, most especially not govt. institutions!

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:54 am

poormadpeter wrote:What you are basically saying in your diatribe is that your view of how we should live is more important because you are a Christian.
Because you view my opinions as "diatribe", doesn't make it so.

You claim you are a Christian, but I have never come across anyone more unChristian in his views than you. Instead of loving your fellow man and forgiving them of what might be called "sins" by your religion...
You just don't understand that I do love my fellow man, Peter. That's why I'm not afraid to speak the truth. I'm not out to offend you or anyone else, but if that's how you perceive it, then that's beyond my control.
As for forgiveness, you haven't asked me or anyone (not even God) for forgiveness because of your blind pride.
Just as in the Elvis song, "Help Me", one must humble theirself with God and sadly you proudly proclaim that you're not interested in that.

I'm not a Christian, I never have been and never will be.
You use your religion as a facade to spread hate and prejudice at every opportunity on these boards...
I don't "use" my Christian beliefs for anything except to speak the truth. Your problem is that you despise me for that.
Do you also despise Mr. Dan Cathy for his honest opinions?

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:What you are basically saying in your diatribe is that your view of how we should live is more important because you are a Christian.
Because you view my opinions as "diatribe", doesn't make it so.

You claim you are a Christian, but I have never come across anyone more unChristian in his views than you. Instead of loving your fellow man and forgiving them of what might be called "sins" by your religion...
You just don't understand that I do love my fellow man, Peter. That's why I'm not afraid to speak the truth. I'm not out to offend you or anyone else, but if that's how you perceive it, then that's beyond my control.
As for forgiveness, you haven't asked me or anyone (not even God) for forgiveness because of your blind pride.
Just as in the Elvis song, "Help Me", one must humble theirself with God and sadly you proudly proclaim that you're not interested in that.

I'm not a Christian, I never have been and never will be.
You use your religion as a facade to spread hate and prejudice at every opportunity on these boards...
I don't "use" my Christian beliefs for anything except to speak the truth. Your problem is that you despise me for that.
Do you also despise Mr. Dan Cathy for his honest opinions?


What truth is that, BlueRiver? The endless biased right-wing articles you insist on presenting to us? Or the truth about God that you believe but has yet to be proven as the truth? I do not ask you for forgiveness, BlueRiver, as I have nothing to be forgiven for (well, maybe a couple of cross words with the Doc). It's only in your clouded vision of the world that you see others as "sinning" because they do not adhere to your beliefs.

Either way, if you love your fellow man by calling them "dumb" and an "embarassment to humanity", I would really like to find out what you say to those that you hate.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 am

poormadpeter wrote: It's only in your clouded vision of the world that you see others as "sinning" because they do not adhere to your beliefs.

Well, you believe what you wish, but I know that my so-called vision of the world isn't clouded. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.


poormadpeter wrote:Either way, if you love your fellow man by calling them "dumb" and an "embarassment to humanity", I would really like to find out what you say to those that you hate.

I don't hate anyone. Sorry if I've upset you.

Enough of this for now. I await the results of Tuesday's election.

Have a great Monday, Peter.


::rocks

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:04 am

Blue River wrote:
1. The American liberals that I'm referring to are those that think affirmative action still has it's place in America even though the major downfall is that it now causes reverse discrimination to many in a generation of people that had absolutely nothing to do with what occurred in the U.S.A. 40/60/80+ years ago.

2. The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that show much more concern for a guilty murderer on death row than an innocent, defenseless unborn child in its mother's womb.

3. The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that don't have a problem with immigrants illegally coming into the U.S. unchecked.

4. The American liberals that I'm referring to are the ones that have fought (and still fight) to have any reference to God/Jesus removed from public schools. However, those same liberals usually turn a blind eye if "God" happens to be Allah, Buddha, etc.

5. The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that don't want the Ten Commandments posted in courtrooms, schools, or any other government public building.

6. The American liberals I'm referring to are the ones that hate Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A's president, for giving the opinion that he supported "the biblical definition of the family unit" on the issue of gay marriage. So much for religious tolerance in this country.
Once again, this is a prime example of liberals being hypocritical when it comes to freedom of speech. They believe in it only if it benefits them and their agenda.
I'm glad Dan Cathy stood his ground. No one should be forced to change his or her beliefs. Mr. Cathy only gave his opinion on the subject because he was asked about the issue in an interview.
>> http://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/20 ... ntroversy/

7. The American liberals I'm talking about are the ones that are too foolish to understand the danger of personal debt and far too foolish to understand the concerns and dangers of our country being $16,000,000,000,000+ in debt!! >> http://www.usdebtclock.org/


1. No more need for Affirmative Action. Everything is just ducky, except for white people, who are now the "victims." Funny that Romney castigated those who consider themselves "victims," but many of his supporters wish to be considered such, when it suits 'em.

Image

2. To save the "life" of a fetus, it is okay with many to sacrifice the life of a real, living child: the person carrying an unwanted fetus by subjecting them to back-alley abortions. It's also okay to bring unwanted children into the world, even though those who want them born, don't want to give them or their young mothers a hand when they're here. As for comparing pregnancy termination to the death penalty, that is a false analogy. One reason for its recent suspension in many states is because there have been verifiable cases of innocent men sentenced to death. Is that okay with you? Is that Christian? To kill an innocent man? A man who is not a fetus, but a person, with a life, who has been sentenced to have it ended. (I could really go on about this, but it's too long.)

I can't think of ANYTHING more "unChristian" than the Death Penalty. Just boggles the mind. Eye-for-an-eye justice, was, I thought, an Old-Testament concept. I thought Christianity represented a different view. I know it does, actually.

3. "Illegal Immigrants." The first "Americans" were "legal"? How many of the early settlers were "legal"? Do you know what "WithOut Papers" means, and who it was applied to? Yeah, many immigrants first came without papers. I think they've been given amnesty since; in fact, Reagan gave a whole lotta people amnesty.

"Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free." I am the child of immigrants. I have heard stories, but never actually SAW these "papers" of which so many speak.

4. "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or restricting the free exercise thereof." To "respect" the ten commandments is NOT restricted in any way, shape or form. But those commandments are not to be confused with our laws, and do not belong in a courtroom. This is illegal. Period.

5. I do not "hate" Dan Cathy. But I can eat chicken wherever I want. And if I don't want to go there, you can't make me. But "hate" him for expressing himself? No way. It's dumb for a business to express such a political opinion, but that's his thing. I prefer Popeyes for quickie chicken, but actually Mrs. Knotts' Chicken Dinner Restaurant is THE place for fried chicken, so I really don't care. The Knotts are generally conservative; they just don't make me order it as a side dish.

6. I am "too foolish" to understand personal debt? Then, buddy, you don't know me.

Here's some direct stats on the debt. Note the years.

Congress Session Years Start debt/GDP End debt/GDP Increase debt
(in Billions of $) Increase debt/GDP
(in percentage points)

97–98 1981–1985 32.5% 43.8% +823 +11.3%
99–100 1985–1989 43.8% 53.1% +1,050 +9.3%
101–102 1989–1993 53.1% 66.1% +1,483 +13.0%
103–104 1993–1997 66.1% 65.4% +1,018 -0.7%
105–106 1997–2001 65.4% 56.4% +401 -9.0%
107–108 2001–2005 56.4% 63.5% +2,135 +7.1%
109–110 2005–2009 63.5% 84.2% +3,971 +18.2%
111–112 2009–2011 84.2% 99.6% +2,888 +10.3%

rjm

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Funny how some who were on an "extended vacation" come right back and start up again with their bold print, hysterical, incendiary postings. So much for lessons learned.

No doubt another "vacation" will soon be at hand.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Funny how some who were on an "extended vacation" come right back and start up again with their bold print, hysterical, incendiary postings. So much for lessons learned.

No doubt another "vacation" will soon be at hand.


He didn't even wait a few days.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: It's only in your clouded vision of the world that you see others as "sinning" because they do not adhere to your beliefs.

Well, you believe what you wish, but I know that my so-called vision of the world isn't clouded. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.


poormadpeter wrote:Either way, if you love your fellow man by calling them "dumb" and an "embarassment to humanity", I would really like to find out what you say to those that you hate.

I don't hate anyone. Sorry if I've upset you.

Enough of this for now. I await the results of Tuesday's election.

Have a great Monday, Peter.

::rocks

I have no intentions of accepting an apology that is as empty as those offered by elvs4vr (sp?) in days gone by. You give apologies and then get right back up and start spouting tripe again.

You had every opportunity this weekend when you returned to start afresh with a clean slate, but instead you return just as prejudiced, vicious and often downright idiotic as when you were suspended.

If you want to discuss adult subjects with adult people, then you need to learn the social skills to do so in an adult way. You are not stupid, and you do know better, no matter how much you might play the idiot. You have been back just three days, and already there are people here hinting at you being suspended again? Is that what you want?

So, finally, a polite suggestion before people start hitting those report buttons again:

Grow up.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:07 am

Blue River does need to moderate himself a bit and some of his comments and innuendos are wrong. He seems to have upset quite a few on here-unsurprisingly, but I have seen worse from current members....without comment.
I actually enjoy his posts(the ones without insults)

He is passionate about what he believes in and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as he(and others) keeps it civil....again there are a few more persistent offenders on here.
Personally I disagree with a lot of what he believes in, examples being his political leanings, gun ownership and probably a few others but I hope he's not for another holiday.
This would be one boring site without some disagreements or arguments- as long as they are civil.


As for the election -Obama

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 am

Image
Peruvian shamans bless President Barack Obama using a poster of him during a ritual to predict the winner of the U.S. presidential election in Lima, Peru, Monday, Nov. 5, 2012. The shamans routinely predict outcomes for elections and sporting events, and on Monday predicted Obama will win.


Leave it to the good ol Shamans & Mayans to determine the outcome of the election.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 am

daylon wrote:Blue River... ... I actually enjoy his posts(the ones without insults)

He is passionate about what he believes in and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as he(and others) keeps it civil....again there are a few more persistent offenders on here.
Personally I disagree with a lot of what he believes in, examples being his political leanings, gun ownership and probably a few others but I hope he's not for another holiday.
This would be one boring site without some disagreements or arguments- as long as they are civil.

Thank you for your reasonable input and understanding.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Image
Peruvian shamans bless President Barack Obama using a poster of him during a ritual to predict the winner of the U.S. presidential election in Lima, Peru, Monday, Nov. 5, 2012. The shamans routinely predict outcomes for elections and sporting events, and on Monday predicted Obama will win.
Leave it to the good ol Shamans & Mayans to determine the outcome of the election.

Please be careful, TCB-FAN. You wouldn't want to offend anyone. :roll: