Off Topic Messages

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile To Be Exposed As Paedophile

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Further to my previous post I have been reliably informed by my Dad that I was never taken to London as a child and the nearest I got to Top of the Pops was the annual I got every third Christmas. I will, however, continue my tireless pursuit for justice and extra funds.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:40 am

You know monday night over a Beer with Piers....i was catching up on our recent trips to England...and i spoke how my fond memories as a kid watching jim will fix it followed by Dr Who in the 1970's have been totally ruined and then :shock: :shock: Piers told me his mother knew all about 'Savile' from a place she worked at.....like UNBELIEVABLE SO MANY PEOPLE KNEW- YET did absolutely NOTHING about it.
i know Jimmy Savile was a wrestler,runner and a STRONG Guy....but what a cover up and ongoing sadness i feel...all the time such fond memories for so many YEARS ruined!!!. :roll: :cry: :?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I knew of him because I am very into mid sixties British rock. He's not a very big part of American culture but I was aware he did Top Of The Pops etc. Its amazing that he didn't get thrown into jail fifty years ago if he was as big an offender as it seems. I just don't know how he didn't get turned in. I'm not saying I think he's at all innocent, the opposite seems to be very much the case, but why only now? I know he had some royal friends, but if he molested kids how the did he get out of it no matter who he knew? It seems crazy.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 pm

This is why the enquiry will be a good thing. Hopefully they'll find what mistakes were made, how the whole thing was covered up, and dirtbags like Savile will have it less easy in the future.

It's in the hands of the police now. The tabloid press should move on and let them deal with it.

By the way, I see the head of Children In Need was savvy enough to keep Savile at arms length. Good for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -Need.html

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Just how much of this whole thing is reality and how much is fabrication we will never know.

The whole thing is getting me down somewhat.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Just how much of this whole thing is reality and how much is fabrication we will never know.

I always thought he was creepy. When I heard about his exploits years ago, I wasn't surprised. I watched the Louis Theroux documentary, and it was obvious he was a sinister man. A self-centered, very weird, (and not good weird), man. Did you see it?

When he died, I wondered how long it would take for the sh*t to hit the fan.

Many many people actually liked the man, and grew up thinking him a nice charitable person. And that's a damn shame, because it's never nice finding your heros are dirtbags. I think we see some of his 'supporters' on this thread, going with the "it's all gossip" line. Well, if they want to cling to the idea that he was 'fab guy' that's up to them. But to dismiss every witness as attention-seeking is quite insulting to those people. It's also naive to dismiss them in that way. ("No solid proof?" good grief, how much do you need? Talk about sticking your fingers in your ears and going "NANANANANA").

I work in schools, and have been CRB checked several times. All these measures are put in place to protect the vulnerable. The CRB checks came about in recent years because of 'incidents'. And they're good things to have in place. Recently, visiting speakers,authors etc.. moaned at having to be CRB checked to walk through the school door. There were cries of "too much security". I'm of the opinion it's a good thing. If the Savile story had have played out differently, he wouldn't have got in those places.

Savile, by posing as a charity worker, weedled his way into these places to prey on the vulnerable. He wasn't a man that, when he wanted his sexual urge to be quenched, looked for a woman, be it a wife, a lover or a date. He instead preyed on young people, using his fame and position to get him his kicks. He was a bully, and a sick f*ck. So let's applaud the enquiry, and hope measures will be put into place to protect people in hospitals and institutions in the future. If it means mourning the loss of a childhood hero, big deal. It's much more important we make sure it never happens again.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 am

Jimmy Savile - Bout' time you ****** off from planet earth you c..t !

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am

his estate has been frozen.....worth around £4 million

people are now saying they are going to sue.....

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:34 pm

debtd1 wrote:his estate has been frozen.....worth around £4 million

people are now saying they are going to sue.....
they frozen hes estate because them people are gonna try for compo....so tht will pay for it i heard on news...

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:36 pm

alot of famous people will be crapping it.....prison for them if proven guilty...

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 pm

iffypresley wrote:alot of famous people will be crapping it.....prison for them if proven guilty...

Nah....

They're only targeting the dead celebrities. Easier to convict them without a personal defense.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
iffypresley wrote:alot of famous people will be crapping it.....prison for them if proven guilty...

Nah....

They're only targeting the dead celebrities. Easier to convict them without a personal defense.

Gary Glitter and Freddie Starr are dead?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

Nah....

No, but a lot of the others are.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

Nah....

Freddie has been freed from questioning.

Gary was inevitable.

You can bet your bird the majority of celebrities who's names are tarnished through this will be dead ones.

Roll up roll up it's legacy ruining time!!

UK GOLD may soon have to close down....

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

Nah....

Gary was inevitable.

You can bet your bird the majority of celebrities who's names are tarnished through this will be dead ones.

Errr, the quote said "they are only targeting dead celebrities". So far, two people have been brought in for questioning who are very much alive, which pretty much throws the comment about only dead celebrities out of the water. To my knowledge, Savile is the only dead celebrity to have been mentioned.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Nah....

Gary was inevitable.

Errr, the quote said "they are only targeting dead celebrities". So far, two people have been brought in for questioning who are very much alive, which pretty much throws the comment about only dead celebrities out of the water. To my knowledge, Savile is the only dead celebrity to have been mentioned.

Leonard Rossiter is also dead.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Nah....

Gary was inevitable.

Leonard Rossiter is also dead.

Nothing official has yet been said about Rossiter, certainly not from the police. His name has been brought up via internet rumours, but not with any real certainty.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 am

poormadpeter wrote:Nothing official has yet been said about Rossiter, certainly not from the police. His name has been brought up via internet rumours, but not with any real certainty.

The story was broken by The Sun on their front page and then picked up by others.

I'm a bit dubious when people choose to report their stories to tabloid newspapers instead of the authorities though.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 am

TJ wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Nothing official has yet been said about Rossiter, certainly not from the police. His name has been brought up via internet rumours, but not with any real certainty.

The story was broken by The Sun on their front page and then picked up by others.

I'm a bit dubious when people choose to report their stories to tabloid newspapers instead of the authorities though.

The many, over the decades, who tried reporting it to the 'authorities' got nowhere !

It's the media we have to thank for exposing all this.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

A shocking story in all the sydney papers today was quotes from jimmy saviles own biography published in 1974(now out of print but you can buy on Amazon for 48 pounds!) journelists bought this and quoted today about Savile getting set up by a council in 1970's with 6 girls in a tent and other sickening stuff.....how the police didn't investigate after his book was published i don't know....now an alleged 900+ victims!~ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:48 am

Bill Tanner wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Just how much of this whole thing is reality and how much is fabrication we will never know.

I always thought he was creepy. When I heard about his exploits years ago, I wasn't surprised. I watched the Louis Theroux documentary, and it was obvious he was a sinister man. A self-centered, very weird, (and not good weird), man. Did you see it?

When he died, I wondered how long it would take for the sh*t to hit the fan.

Many many people actually liked the man, and grew up thinking him a nice charitable person. And that's a damn shame, because it's never nice finding your heros are dirtbags. I think we see some of his 'supporters' on this thread, going with the "it's all gossip" line. Well, if they want to cling to the idea that he was 'fab guy' that's up to them. But to dismiss every witness as attention-seeking is quite insulting to those people. It's also naive to dismiss them in that way. ("No solid proof?" good grief, how much do you need? Talk about sticking your fingers in your ears and going "NANANANANA").

I work in schools, and have been CRB checked several times. All these measures are put in place to protect the vulnerable. The CRB checks came about in recent years because of 'incidents'. And they're good things to have in place. Recently, visiting speakers,authors etc.. moaned at having to be CRB checked to walk through the school door. There were cries of "too much security". I'm of the opinion it's a good thing. If the Savile story had have played out differently, he wouldn't have got in those places.

Savile, by posing as a charity worker, weedled his way into these places to prey on the vulnerable. He wasn't a man that, when he wanted his sexual urge to be quenched, looked for a woman, be it a wife, a lover or a date. He instead preyed on young people, using his fame and position to get him his kicks. He was a bully, and a sick f*ck. So let's applaud the enquiry, and hope measures will be put into place to protect people in hospitals and institutions in the future. If it means mourning the loss of a childhood hero, big deal. It's much more important we make sure it never happens again.
+1
Believe or not I didn't know anything about this guy until this news about him started. I don't even remember if I saw him on tv before :lol: . He looked like a really weird dick head !

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Now it's Dave Lee Travis (commonly known as DLT). Who's next? TLC? REM? ABC? ELO? INXS [Too many letters - The Management]. When will this saga end?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Delboy wrote:Now it's Dave Lee Travis (commonly known as DLT). Who's next? TLC? REM? ABC? ELO? INXS [Too many letters - The Management]. When will this saga end?

I can't believe DLT is involved.......

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

According to free newspaper Metro http://www.metronieuws.nl John Peel in 1969 had a 3-month affair with a 15-year old who got pregnant.
Wilfred De'ath, producer of radio show Teen scene, is accused of abusing a 14-year old......in 1965.
Ray Teret, Jimmy Saville's former driver, has been arrested.
Presenter Michael Souter is suspected.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Shocked me too. The hairy cornflake himself. Don't believe it.