Post here your Elvis' pictures

Any information, please!?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 pm

The photos below all look to me as if they must be from the early '50s, before 1954, but Elvis had a very disconcerting way of looking 16 at 25 and 25 at 16, so I'm not at all confident -- and I haven't a clue where any of them might have been taken. Experts to the fore, please!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by latebloomer on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Any information, please!?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:57 pm

The one with the flute, or whatever it is, is a fake. It's Elvis face from a 1956 photo superimposed.

The last one with the cowboy hat is, I think, Elvis rehearsing for the western skit on The Steve Allen Show.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks, DarrlyMac. I wondered about that flute! I have deleted my copy. You are correct, of course, about (A); it matches perfectly the others taken during that rehearsal, but I'd never have found it on my own.
:D

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm

The first one --> Outside of 462 Alabama Avenue with with unknown woman and young man, circa 1952.

The third one --> Looks like august 1956, probably Florida. :?
Last edited by javierTCB on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks, JavierTCB.

Gosh, I've been looking at those photos for months. Should have come to FECC a lot sooner. :oops:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 am

I cant see any of the pictures

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 am

Me neither; broken links is all I see.

rjm

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 am

rjm wrote:Me neither; broken links is all I see.

rjm
Julian Grant wrote:I cant see any of the pictures

Can't see them either

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Until now there´s no problem for me :)

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:

rjm

Can't see them either

same here

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:53 am

Can anyone tell me how to fix the links so everyone can see the photos?

(Bit of a computer ignoramus, here.)

Thanks!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:44 am

latebloomer wrote:Can anyone tell me how to fix the links so everyone can see the photos?

Thanks!

Hey latebloomer, for me no problem. I can see these ones.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 pm

latebloomer wrote:Can anyone tell me how to fix the links so everyone can see the photos?

Thanks!

I can't see them either. I can only guess that it might be because they are .tiff files. It might be a browser issue. If you were able to convert them to .jpg and reload them, or if someone that can see them could save them and do the conversion and upload them then we might be able to see them.

OK, nevemind, I was able to pull them out of the source. Are these the ones?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 am

javierTCB wrote:The first one --> Outside of 462 Alabama Avenue with Jeanette and David Fruchter, circa 1952.

The third one --> Looks like august 1956, probably Florida. :?

It's still not the Fruchters, although many claim it is. I noted this in another topic where you made the same comment; you said you'd update your database!

Here's what we know:

Mississippi wrote:Here is a message from Harold Fruchter (July 9, 2010)
... While we did live at 462 Alabama, and my parents had a close relationship with Elvis and his parents, the woman in the picture is definitely not my mother. The other guy is certainly not my brother David since he was about 3 years old when that picture was taken. Anyway, it was great seeing these photos. [Harold Fruchter] [Elvis Australia]

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60000&view=next#p936355

My attributions, based on JamesVRoy's post:

E.jpg = circa 1952, with unknown woman and young man
D.jpg = circa April 1957, 1034 Audubon, Memphis (cropped)
B.jpg = August 7, 1956, backstage in St. Petersburg, FL (cropped)
A.jpg = July 1, 1956, preparing for dress rehearsal, Steve Allen show, New York, NY (cropped)

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 am

Is the other boy in the pics Buzzy Forbes? (Don't really think so: the hair is parted on the opposite side, and the features appears somewhat different. But it is different when people smile, and when they don't.) It was a stab at it!

The REAL Mrs. Fruchter, and you can hear her!

phpBB [video]

And I stumbled upon this in tumblr. It's says it's her, Mrs. Fruchter, in Shreveport, in a photobooth, 1954. Is it?

rjm

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:35 am

rjm wrote:Is the other boy in the pics Buzzy Forbes?

No.

rjm wrote:IThe REAL Mrs. Fruchter, and you can hear her!

Grabbed the image from YouTube.

rjm wrote:IAnd I stumbled upon this in tumblr. It's says it's her, Mrs. Fruchter, in Shreveport, in a photobooth, 1954. Is it?

No, it's a teenager who dated Elvis in 1954.

530000_Jeanette Fruchter_462 Alabama St_Memphis.JPG
Jeanette Fruchter, 462 Alabama Street, Memphis - circa 1953

541100_w Jeanette McDonald_Shreveport.JPG
With Jeanette McDonald, Shreveport, LA photo booth - circa November 1954

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:45 pm

JamesVRoy, thanks very much for putting the photos into usable format. I had just about decided that the .tiff format might be the problem. My apologies to all; won't happen again.

DrJohn, your attributes look good to me, thanks for the information.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:01 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
javierTCB wrote:The first one --> Outside of 462 Alabama Avenue with Jeanette and David Fruchter, circa 1952.

It's still not the Fruchters, although many claim it is. I noted this in another topic where you made the same comment; you said you'd update your database!

OK, thanks Doc. But it´s 462 Alabama Avenue?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:My attributions, based on JamesVRoy's post:

A.jpg = July 1, 1956, preparing for dress rehearsal, Steve Allen show, New York, NY (cropped)

Here's where I remember we discussed "D" before but I don't think I've ever seen it uncropped
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52800

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 am

JamesvRoy, I've never seen D uncropped, either, but I sure would like to! (Hint, hint...anyone?)

This is one of those photos that I find so confusing. I wondered if that black leather jacket would place it with the others taken to show off his new motorcycle, but he looks s-o-o-o young, only about 16! I had tentatively filed it with the other '50-'54 photos.

Elvis was a darned chamelion!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 pm

javierTCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

OK, thanks Doc. But it´s 462 Alabama Avenue?

Maybe. It's hard to tell for sure. Here's the house:

590000_462 Alabama_Memphis.jpg
462 Alabama Avenue, Memphis - circa 1959

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:My attributions, based on JamesVRoy's post:

E = with Paul Dougher and his mother.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 pm

rjm wrote:Is the other boy in the pics Buzzy Forbes? (Don't really think so: the hair is parted on the opposite side, and the features appears somewhat different. But it is different when people smile, and when they don't.) It was a stab at it!

Apparently it is, with Farley Guy and Paul Dougher. At Lauderdale Courts

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 am

1953-A.jpg

My information is 1953 | Elvis with friends Farley Gy (???), Paul Dougher and Buzzy Forbess in the Courts.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:55 am

Farley Guy.