Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis' 40 Greatest (Arcade) - A potential FTD?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:45 am

Do you realize its been almost 2 years since we've had a 1976 soundboard release? WTF???
Common FTD... what's the hold-up with getting that Eugene, OR show released??? I'm not getting any younger...
Ciscoking... I'm counting on you man!!!
:smt023

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:47 am

For me there are other priorities. And speaking about odd albums: some remade tracks on I Was The One should be released first. But above all, please let us have Flaming Star and From Elvis In Memphis before compilation albums. There at least 10 Classics in my minds that must come first.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 am

How about a coupling of the the iconic "Elvis Sings Hits From His Movies, Vol 1" and "Burning Love and Hits from His Movies, Volume 2" albums?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 am

poormadpeter wrote:FTD for all its great releases is also one that has been riddled over the years with typos, factual errors, a lack of proof-reading, unnecessary edits, technical glitches, mastering errors and faulty CDs. Tucson 76 was hardly a stellar early entry in the series, and the care and attention towards the release saw the album originally issued with the title of it misspelled.

No... the original issue was spelled correctly and the reissue has the misspelling. That's even worse!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:49 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:This 1975 U.K. release could be supplemented with relevant B-sides. Plus we would have the added bonus of having the original retro artwork - which would look marvellous in the 7" 2 x CD Classic Album format.

Throwing in an inadvertent [already issued] alternate version of one of the tracks would be the icing on the cake!

What do others think?

NO! NO! NO!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Sure. Why not. Go for it, Roger. I love it when the hardcores piss and moan.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:44 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Sure. Why not. Go for it, Roger. I love it when the hardcores piss and moan.

So you'd rather have further redundant hits compilations on our collectors label just in order for you to have a laugh??!! WTF?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:53 pm

TheMaskedClown wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:This 1975 U.K. release could be supplemented with relevant B-sides. Plus we would have the added bonus of having the original retro artwork - which would look marvellous in the 7" 2 x CD Classic Album format.
Throwing in an inadvertent [already issued] alternate version of one of the tracks would be the icing on the cake!
What do others think?

NO! NO! NO!

Don't forget there would be a nice booklet included too!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:58 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
TheMaskedClown wrote:
What do others think?

NO! NO! NO!

Don't forget there would be a nice booklet included too!

If FTD release "Elvis sings for children....", the booklet would have to be about 500 pages to make me consider purchasing that turkey! :roll:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Tony.. wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Sure. Why not. Go for it, Roger. I love it when the hardcores piss and moan.

So you'd rather have further redundant hits compilations on our collectors label just in order for you to have a laugh??!! WTF?

Redundant to you. Not to me. I believe there's room for "Something For Everybody" on FTD. You're pissing and moaning, Tony. You must be a hardcore.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:14 pm

JerryNodak wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Redundant to you. Not to me. I believe there's room for "Something For Everybody" on FTD. You're pissing and moaning, Tony. You must be a hardcore.

In some ways, yes, which means I have all these tracks over and over again and don't want my collectors label to be doing budget label hits collections featuring "you don't have to say you love me" for the 387th time. :smt006

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am

What do others think?

The only thing i think is that i have that LP here with other 70's Elvis albums.
Still wonder if it is worth anything cause i see it as just another collection lp i have in store.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:09 pm

What do others think?

Some odd song selections on that collection.

"Old Shep" and "There's Always Me" weren't big, well-known Elvis hits.

I wonder who made the decision to have "Old Shep" in it? So many songs to choose from, many big hits, and they pick "Old Shep"?

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Boy, if FTD should even consider to go this route then I have no problems or what so ever to cut on my Elvis expenses. I'll be happy to.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Sorry... I can't get excited if this were released on FTD. Personally, I would take a 1976 or 1977 unreleased soundboard before another compilation CD. Just my opinion.....

rlj

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 am

Let's get serious.

The next FTD should be a "deluxe album" version of this top seller from 1977:

2587-apl2-cover-side1.jpg
APL2-2587 Elvis In Concert | elvisrecords.us
http://www.elvisrecords.us/apl2-2587-elvis-in-concert/
Image courtesy of the essential Elvis record research database, elvisrecords.us
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Let's get serious.

Not sure if you are being serious but yes i would like to see a 7" deluxe version of this at some point.

norrie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 am

norrie wrote:Not sure if you are being serious but yes i would like to see a 7" deluxe version of this at some point.

Yeah, me too.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 am

norrie wrote:

Not sure if you are being serious but yes i would like to see a 7" deluxe version of this at some point.

norrie

Sure, let's get this one out no later than, say, 2040. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 am

Getting serious - now that A Boy From Tupelo is out of print, 1975's The Sun Collection would be an ideal candidate for an FTD Classic Album.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
norrie wrote:

norrie

Sure, let's get this one out no later than, say, 2040. ;-)

I'm not a fan of this album but as you say it was a huge seller and it could be a nice package to have unopened on the shelf!
I knew you weren't being serious you scoundrel you and if I make it to 2040 i will buy it for you doc!

norrie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:58 am

norrie wrote:I'm not a fan of this album but as you say it was a huge seller and it could be a nice package to have unopened on the shelf!
I knew you weren't being serious you scoundrel you and if I make it to 2040 i will buy it for you doc!

Ha-ha. Probably none of us will be here then. If so, I will want to be wrapped in velvet and caressed by several handmaidens, and will have no time for Elvis audio.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 am

King Volcano wrote:Another terrible Elvis sleeve which should be consigned to history. He looks like an idiotic waxwork or cartoon character here, instead of the greatest popular performer & vocalist of the 20th-century.

You can get the vinyl of this for about £1 in London by the way. It's virtually unsellable.

I disagree with this. Stone mint copies of this are tricky to find. Most copies have been played a lot. The label variations are quite interesting too. Some claim it's down to the dye used not working properly but regardless, I find it a challenge to find a white label copy in mint. Yellow are easiest to find in mint but even then you don't fall over them for a quid. I've been looking for the elusive red label variant for years but to no avail. I would gladly pay £20 for a mint sleeve mint records copy with a clearly RED label.

elvisonline

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Matthew wrote:Getting serious - now that A Boy From Tupelo is out of print, 1975's The Sun Collection would be an ideal candidate for an FTD Classic Album.

Why would anyone want a short, 16 track CD which is just a cut down version of the many, many Sun compilations that have been out since 1975 on a collectors' label??? How about FTD releasing the other 'Starcall' LP, "Pictures of Elvis"?? LOL
Last edited by Tony.. on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31 pm

elvisonline wrote:
King Volcano wrote:Another terrible Elvis sleeve which should be consigned to history. He looks like an idiotic waxwork or cartoon character here, instead of the greatest popular performer & vocalist of the 20th-century.

You can get the vinyl of this for about £1 in London by the way. It's virtually unsellable.

I disagree with this. Stone mint copies of this are tricky to find. Most copies have been played a lot. The label variations are quite interesting too. Some claim it's down to the dye used not working properly but regardless, I find it a challenge to find a white label copy in mint. Yellow are easiest to find in mint but even then you don't fall over them for a quid. I've been looking for the elusive red label variant for years but to no avail. I would gladly pay £20 for a mint sleeve mint records copy with a clearly RED label.

elvisonline

You have too much time on your hands, Scott!! LOL. I've seen loads of copies of this at record fairs at usually £1 or £2 top whack. I don't check to see what colour the labels are as I'm usually looking for better items at fairs, not this kind of crap.